Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Not so much of an update but more a plea for help. Price reduction and another wait and watch this space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

The Dublin address is a bit hit and miss. Been using it for amazon sometimes stuff says couldn't be delivered. Then when it is delivered takes ages to be checked in.

Goose81 wrote: »
    How so?

The item that would be delivered to parcel motel is for NI only as far as incoming customs should be concerned.

Where it goes after is no different than if a NI resident bought something and sold it 6 months later to someone in the south

Its because before brexit it didnt matter once vat was paid in one EU country.

A legit company can't bring a bulk load of orders in without the EU vat being paid on them.

The business model is fecked because of brexit.

There is some clause in the EU/brexit deal about goods at risk of entering the EU from UK to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

So I'm sure all PM users on here got an email giving a new address in Jamestown Rd Dublin.My question is will they accept UK deliveries there ? I'm awaiting a response from PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭Trampas

How do you close your account as not on site and no reply to email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

recipio wrote: »
    So I'm sure all PM users on here got an email giving a new address in Jamestown Rd Dublin.My question is will they accept UK deliveries there ? I'm awaiting a response from PM.

As long as there's no VAT or duties due they will. Amazon deliveries will be fine for example.

VG31 wrote: »
    As long as there's no VAT or duties due they will. Amazon deliveries will be fine for example.

Amazon prime will deliver to Ireland, thank you Jeff Bezos. Is the Vat already deducted at source ?

recipio wrote: »

Yes - if there are no charges to be paid. Eg. Amazon.
    Just takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Need to get a theraband from amazon for my tennis elbow....£18 if shipped to UK or £35 Shipped to ireland!Is parcel motel the best option at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

Need to get a theraband from amazon for my tennis elbow....£18 if shipped to UK or £35 Shipped to ireland!Is parcel motel the best option at the moment?
    Their northern depot is closed due to brexit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Post a link?

Are you an Amazon Prime member?

JG009 wrote: »
    Yes - if there are no charges to be paid. Eg. Amazon.
    Just takes longer.

Got a response from PM . They will accept UK deliveries but the couriers will apply their own Customs and Vat duties. That's fine in theory but are they all set up to apply online charges.?

Seems the Dublin Depot is not manned 24/7 like the northy one.
    Had a few amazon deliveries say failed. Amazon quiet often do deliver on Sundays. What is the story??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Unless they can come up with a serious offering, PM are of little use any more.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Apparently they cant accept delivery outside of Monday to Friday 9 to 6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

been using pm locker courier service a bit lately for sending stuff around Ireland and it has varied from 1 day from Dublin to Cavan to 7 days Dublin to Nenagh. On the latter occasion the receiver never even got a notification that the item was stored. They just don't seem to give a fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Apparently they cant accept delivery outside of Monday to Friday 9 to 6 now.

This is now UPS that we're talking about, and they can't even open their doors to receive products on a weekend? Complete sham.
    And no offer of a refund on the credit tied-up in their accounts either?
    I know we could all spot a failing business-model back in 2020, but attaching a ventilator to a dead donkey doesn't mean it can still be used for pony-rides.

10-10-20 wrote: »
    This is now UPS that we're talking about, and they can't even open their doors to receive products on a weekend? Complete sham.
    I know we could all spot a failing business-model back in 2020, but attaching a ventilator to a dead donkey doesn't mean it can still be used for pony-rides.

My recent orders. Saturday delivery has been hit or miss. Sunday didn't work at all.

They never told anyone this.

10-10-20 wrote: »

My recent orders. Saturday delivery has been hit or miss. Sunday didn't work at all.

They never told anyone this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

Has anyone been successful in obtaining a refund of monies held on their account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

basill wrote: »
    Has anyone been successful in obtaining a refund of monies held on their account?

I raised a dispute with Paypal as I had paid that way and got mine back. Tried contacting them a few times and heard nothing from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

basill wrote: »

Trying to get a refund from Parcel Motel, and Parcel Wizard. I get replies saying that they are working on it and money will be refunded to my account in the next few days, then after a few weeks of nothing, i message them again and get the same your money will be refunded soon message again.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've been using the credit on mine and my wife's account for a few things I've sold on adverts. If they were a bit quicker with their delivery times they'd be a viable competitor to an post and other couriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

It's hard to have any sympathy with PM when you hear the horror stories on here and on their social media channels. As long as nothing went wrong, it was a handy way to speed up Amazon deliveries and take away the hassle of nobody being home to receive a parcel. The problem with them is that when something does go wrong, they're almost impossible to contact, and they give off a vibe of not giving a solitary f**k. Even worse is that once it gets to Parcel Motel, the retailer has fulfilled their side of the sales contract, so they're off the hook.

I spent three weeks last summer trying to track down an Amazon parcel that went missing in their depot, and at the end of it they just shrugged their shoulders and said "We think the parcel was open when it arrived, talk to Amazon." Amazon, to their credit, did refund me which I wasn't expecting and to be honest thought was a bit unfair on them, although they're not exactly short of cash either :) It's one of the reasons that Amazon will wipe out a huge amount of Irish retailers if the proposed fulfilment centre opens here. We simply don't have the culture of customer service in this country to compete. Between the closure of their UK virtual address, and the absolute gouge of a price hike they imposed on customers before last Christmas, I'll say good riddance to them.

So lately I have learned Saturday delivery to them is hit and miss.
    They don't accept delivery on Sundays now.

They have been fairly quick delivering stuff to the box once it has been checked in.

They don't seem to care too much anymore though over all. Especially if stuff goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Can you use parcel motel to receive international post to, let’s say USA but could be other countries. For example a gift or letter from someone, as opposed to an online purchase? Obviously it will take longer and be more expensive but I presume you can use parcel model address for that purpose. The international sender pays the shipping / postage to your PM address here, and you just pay the parcel motel charge here?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

JIdontknow wrote: »
    Can you use parcel motel to receive international post to, let’s say USA but could be other countries. For example a gift or letter from someone, as opposed to an online purchase? Obviously it will take longer and be more expensive but I presume you can use parcel model address for that purpose. The international sender pays the shipping / postage to your PM address here, and you just pay the parcel motel charge here?

Yes some people use parcel motel if they know they won't be around to receive the package and collect at their own convenience. You pay to receive, yes.

JIdontknow wrote: »

If there were charges to be paid then they wont accept it.

If there were charges to be paid then they wont accept it.

They expect that the courier will have applied Customs and Vat and if so, there should be no problem. I wish they would sort their act out Maybe a delivery service from France or the Netherlands would work ? I find the locker system very handy as I'm not always at home but they sure as hell need to improve their customer relations and IT systems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Update on my delivery, they sent me an email saying they cannot deliver beer. There is nothing in their T&Cs saying they can't deliver beer, they even call out increased import duty for alcohol and cigarettes on their T&C.

The box has the brewery name on it and they took possession knowing they could not forward, sellers courier will not provide a return label. AP won't let my mate collect it for me, it has to be a courier.

I have tried to arrange a courier but I need a phone number and contact name for addresspal, they will not provide it and keep saying I need to organise a courier.

This is going on since the 9th February when they took collection of it, got an email on 17th March to say it is a prohibited item and they cannot deliver it.

Advertisement