Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year...... New TV series

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Your Honour on Sky Atlantic.

How many episodes in are? We have watched the first two and am undecided so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    How many episodes in are? We have watched the first two and am undecided so far.

We're in 4 so far, enjoying it. Holes in the plot you could drive a bus through but Cranston is superb as usual and it's enjoyable enough if a tad nonsensical.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Random one anyone here watched the series Ted Lasso?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Never heard of it!

A quick google search brings up a man with a football ball, so that confirms I won't be watching it anytime soon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

Starting watching 'dont f*&k with cats' its horrific.

• Advertisement

Oh Jesus, I wouldn't go near that! :eek:

I'm currently rewatching Life on Mars before it's taken off Netflix in April. :)

Posy wrote: »

I'm currently rewatching Life on Mars before it's taken off Netflix in April. :)

The UK or American one? Loved the UK one but never took tobthe American one at all.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Never heard of it!

A quick google search brings up a man with a football ball, so that confirms I won't be watching it anytime soon. :pac:

It’s incredibly like Dream Team to the older elves if they remember that show but the reason why I brought up it’s billed as a comedy and it does have its moment but it is honestly the sweetest show I’ve ever seen.

It’s so well written (from the creators of scrubs) but it’s got so much heart. I’d highly recommend it.

The UK or American one? Loved the UK one but never took tobthe American one at all.
    I don't think the American one is on Netflix. Wouldn't give that the time of day, tbh! :pac:

I don't think the American one is on Netflix. Wouldn't give that the time of day, tbh! :pac:

Good call. I tried it, muck compared to the UK one.

• Advertisement

Had to stop with the cats documentary, it just made me too angry.

Has anyone watched Mythic Quest? It is from the producers of always sunny

Call the midwife, new series starting Sunday April 18th BBC1.

Yaaaaay!

I am on a roll of bad tv shows, the cat thing first, now the Widow on amazon prime. Don't bother.

It's just line of duty for us atm. Not really following much else other than the usual gogglebox and first dates kinda lightweight fluff.

I'm looking forward to Call the Midwife- hope it's decent, as quality has dipped since the beginning, plus social distancing and all that. :rolleyes:
    Last celebrity GBBO tomorrow, then that's put to bed.

I've just finished Smother, which was a bit mediocre, but I'm going to try Penance, that new three part drama starting tonight, as it's got a decent cast of actors.

I'm rewatching Schitt's Creek on Netflix, just because it gives me a warm glow, and I need that right now. :)

Lovely. I though last weeks one was the last, great if there's one more though.
    Then its the long wait until the proper one at the end of summer that will bring us up to the most wonderful time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm looking forward to Call the Midwife- hope it's decent, as quality has dipped since the beginning, plus social distancing and all that. :rolleyes:

I've just finished Smother, which was a bit mediocre, but I'm going to try Penance, that new three part drama starting tonight, as it's got a decent cast of actors.

I'm rewatching Schitt's Creek on Netflix, just because it gives me a warm glow, and I need that right now. :)

I think tomorrow night's celebrity GBBO is a repeat. According to the TV listings, it's the one with Russel Brand, which was defo on before.

I'm only starting into Schitt's Creek! Just into the second series now, I love how short they are, but like you said, still give you that warm glow!

pigtail33 wrote: »
    I think tomorrow night's celebrity GBBO is a repeat. According to the TV listings, it's the one with Russel Brand, which was defo on before.

I'm only starting into Schitt's Creek! Just into the second series now, I love how short they are, but like you said, still give you that warm glow!

Ah that's a shame, have seen that one previously!

Tried watching Schitts creek, gave it into the early part of the third season but just hadn't warmed to it at that stage so gave up. I know others rave about it but it seems to be one of those marmite shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Tried watching Schitts creek, gave it into the early part of the third season but just hadn't warmed to it at that stage so gave up. I know others rave about it but it seems to be one of those marmite shows.

I can see it having the Marmite effect alright. I just like how you don't have to concentrate on it, and you can (and probably should!!) completely switch off. I love a bit of Line of Duty, but sometimes you just want mindless entertainment.

• Advertisement

I can see it having the Marmite effect alright. I just like how you don't have to concentrate on it, and you can (and probably should!!) completely switch off. I love a bit of Line of Duty, but sometimes you just want mindless entertainment.

I have Only Fools & Horses & Gavin & Stacey re-runs for that :D

I can't watch David and Patrick without feeling that all is right with the world. <3
    And I can never get enough Catherine O'Hara! :D

Delighted to have finally seen the Masterchef final. Was worried another royal might die and throw the schedule off again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Hawkeye show on Disney + trailer released, and the show is set during the pre-Christmas period:

Love the 2 worlds of Marvel and Christmas coming together 😃😃

Anyone watch 'Kin' on RTE? Any good? Lots of hype around it.

Heard very mixed reports. Have it series linked so will give it a go at some stage, then at least if I'm enjoying it I watch watch a couple of episodes back to back.

Yea, this is what I'm planning on as well. Might leave it till after next Sunday and then watch the first two back to back and see how it goes. Like to give all new shows min 2 episodes.

Haven't had time to dedicate to it, yet- might not bother, will see. That's a good idea about the 2 episodes, TRS.

I've started 'Innocent' on VM1- really enjoying it, Katherine Kelly is great as usual. And only 4 episodes, so not too much commitment, especially as they are all available on demand.

Only 1 week left until Bake Off. 😁😁

• Advertisement

Really looking forward to GBBO this year myself. We have a dedicated whatsapp group for it which is already in christmas eve mode for it 😀

In terms of TV shows, we just finished clickbait on netflix, 8 part one off series so no long term investment, the Mrs liked it, I thought it was reasonable okay, more twists in it than I would have liked but worth a look.

Advertisement