Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leinster vs. Ospreys, 20.15, 19th March, (eir Sport 1, TG4)

Options
  • 18-03-2021 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,330 ✭✭✭

Leinster
    |
    Ospreys
    Skeleton.png
    |
    ospreys-logo-300px2-128x128.png

15 Max O’Reilly | Dan Evans ©
    14 Rory O’Loughlin | Dewi Cross
    13 Jamie Osborne | Owen Watkin
    12 Ciarán Frawley | Keiran Williams
    11 Dave Kearney | Cai Evans
    10 Harry Byrne | Luke Price
    9 Rowan Osborne | Reuben Morgan-Williams
    1 Peter Dooley | Rhys Henry
    2 Seán Cronin | Sam Parry
    3 Michael Bent | Ma’afu Fia
    4 Ross Molony | Lloyd Ashley
    5 Devin Toner | Rhys Davies
    6 Scott Fardy © | Will Griffiths
    7 Scott Penny | Morgan Morris
    8 Josh Murphy | Gareth Evans

16 Dan Sheehan | Dewi Lake
    17 Marcus Hanan | Garyn Phillips
    18 Thomas Clarkson | Tom Botha
    19 Jack Dunne | Olly Cracknell
    20 Seán O’Brien | Sam Cross
    21 Hugh O’Sullivan | Shaun Venter
    22 Tim Corkery | Josh Thomas
    23 Andrew Smith | Joe Hawkins

Referee: Chris Busby (IRFU)
    Assistants: Stuart Gaffikin (IRFU), Sean Gallagher (IRFU)
    TMO: Olly Hodges (IRFU)

Between the World Cup ticket fiasco, and the impending potential kicking coming Saturday, this might be our best chance at a pleasant evening this weekend.

Here's hoping Frawley actually gets a decent bit of time this time out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Pretty happy with the pack. Ruddock is probably cover for the Ireland game so not available. And I think we have every senior and Academy back who is fit and available in the 23. So yeah, bare bones indeed.

The starting XV will need to win it for us as the bench is incredibly green. But I think they can. It will be interesting to see how much we miss McGrath and the control he brings...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Good to see Jamie Osborne get the start at 13 and push ROL out to 14, should be interesting to see how he gets on.

Think HOS being in the bench over Osborne senior confirms that he may be on his way out as well as I'm not sure they'd have given Rowan the nod considering it's confirmed he's off to the turnip munchers.

Not much to complain about really, although there isn't much room to complain because it's a case of dragging whoever isn't broken and throwing them into a 23.

Main focus will be to grind it out in the first half, avoid as many injuries as possible and give the young lads a run in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

Good to see Jamie Osborne get the start at 13 and push ROL out to 14, should be interesting to see how he gets on.

Think HOS being in the bench over Osborne senior confirms that he may be on his way out as well as I'm not sure they'd have given Rowan the nod considering it's confirmed he's off to the turnip munchers.

Not much to complain about really, although there isn't much room to complain because it's a case of dragging whoever isn't broken and throwing them into a 23.

Main focus will be to grind it out in the first half, avoid as many injuries as possible and give the young lads a run in the second half.

I wonder if Foley might be off too, given he can't get any game time at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

bayern wrote: »
    I wonder if Foley might be off too, given he can't get any game time at 9.

Is Foley year 3?

Is Foley year 3?

Two.

Usually you'd expect he'd get another season but given his lack of progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Two.

Usually you'd expect he'd get another season but given his lack of progress.

Ah ok.

Hopefully he sees out his academy time and gets some game time next season. Potential for a bit as 4th choice

Ah ok.

Hopefully he sees out his academy time and gets some game time next season. Potential for a bit as 4th choice

Possibly, depends what they do with Patterson either.

Foley didn't look up to the required standard for Leinster A earlier in the season.

Possibly, depends what they do with Patterson either.

Foley didn't look up to the required standard for Leinster A earlier in the season.

Think if HOS is indeed gone as well as Osborne, then Foley will probably hang around for year 3, even if it's just to make up numbers.

Next season could look like McGrath, JGP, Patterson (if he returns), Foley, and Ben Murphy if he gets an academy spot but would be Year 1 so a real break glass in case of emergency.

We could find ourselves stretched really thin if we let 3 scrumhalves walk in the one year.

Think if HOS is indeed gone as well as Osborne, then Foley will probably hang around for year 3, even if it's just to make up numbers.

Next season could look like McGrath, JGP, Patterson (if he returns), Foley, and Ben Murphy if he gets an academy spot but would be Year 1 so a real break glass in case of emergency.

We could find ourselves stretched really thin if we let 3 scrumhalves walk in the one year.

You forgot McCarthy in that list.

Jamison Gibson Park(29)
    Luke McGrath(28)
    Nick McCarthy(26)

Then maybe Patterson(22), Foley(21) and Murphy(20).. Although I dunno if they'll have all three of them contracted next season.

You forgot McCarthy in that list.

Jamison Gibson Park(29)
    Luke McGrath(28)
    Nick McCarthy(26)

Then maybe Patterson(22), Foley(21) and Murphy(20)?

Completely forgot Nick was coming back, in that case if Patterson comes back then Foley could walk.

• Advertisement

Completely forgot Nick was coming back, in that case if Patterson comes back then Foley could walk.

Yeah have a feeling it will be either Patterson or Foley.

Interested to see how Frawley and Osborne combine in the centre.. two big athletic, skillful club players there.

Toland.... no please

Those ospreys jerseys need to be burnt, god they're awful

I've a feeling Toland is going to have Harry Byrne's gooch absolutely spotless by the end of the match.

What on earth is Toland waffling about, player getting his head wrapped and blood being wiped off and he's saying he's trying to burn the clock.... We're 4 minutes into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I've a feeling Toland is going to have Harry Byrne's gooch absolutely spotless by the end of the match.

‘Look at the way he catches the ball, in his hands. He uses his hands and literally grabs the ball so that it’s no longer suspended in the air. He’s a real talent’

• Subscribers Posts: 40,988 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Spreys unlucky there, that could have come off his knee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Slow start by Leinster, hopefully they will settle in soon

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Spreys unlucky there, that could have come off his knee

Thought the same but second time looked like his hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Leinster have defended very well so far.

They've had zero possession in the opening of this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Ospreys recycling and handling is very impressive but every time they have to resort to a low percentage kick.

Leinster will be pretty pleased with the opening ten mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Nice left boot on Osborne

First time I've seen awec reffing but he's been very frustrating so far

Osborne's boot is a big as Lowe's.

He's getting mega distance with his kicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

First time I've seen awec reffing but he's been very frustrating so far

he sounds exactly how I imagined awec sounds.

Really like the look of Osborne.

That was a lovely nudge into the Osprey's 22.

Clegg wrote: »
    Osborne's boot is a big as Lowe's.

He's getting mega distance with his kicks.
    And well cultured too

A 13 who can kick well off his left foot is a very interesting prospect indeed...

• Advertisement

What am I listening to?

It's the dew!

Great pass?

Advertisement