Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Learner permit renewal under level 5

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭WildWater

You can still book a test before completing your EDT lessons (you won't be given a test date until you complete them though). The confirmation of your test booking can then be used to renew your permit.

Thanks for posting this as I was under the impression that they had to be completed to apply for the test.

My daughter got her 1st LP last month. Obviously, she can’t get lessons due the restriction. I have been teaching her and she has made excellent progress. I have no doubt that she will be test ready as soon as she completes the EDT lessons.

I know she is going to have a very long wait, but should I get her to apply for the test now? As in, at least get on some sort of waiting list.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

WildWater wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this as I was under the impression that they had to be completed to apply for the test.

My daughter got her 1st LP last month. Obviously, she can’t get lessons due the restriction. I have been teaching her and she has made excellent progress. I have no doubt that she will be test ready as soon as she completes the EDT lessons.

I know she is going to have a very long wait, but should I get her to apply for the test now? As in, at least get on some sort of waiting list.

Thanks.

I passed my rigid straight to ndls to apply for artic learner's licence.. Should be here end of this week (waited total of 4 weeks)but i am on my road safety and it says i have licence in my goals so i booked test and on waiting list YES book it.. Pm me i can tell you how i got test date if you like more information.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I thought my LP for the mini bus was out around June , Just checked it was the 5th of this month I take it I have to re apply for a new one and go through the process of a medical etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭stephen1968

I thought my LP for the mini bus was out around June , Just checked it was the 5th of this month I take it I have to re apply for a new one and go through the process of a medical etc.

Book an appointment online with ndls and call to centre... I would say cause of covid it has been extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

On my 2nd permit, due to expire in April. Have just now booked a test (or rather, paid to join the waiting list), so now want to apply for 3rd permit, but don't have a MyGovID or PSC card.
    Is an in-person at an NDLS centre meeting really the only option? It all seems unnecessarily complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

What happens if you let your second provisional lapse - do you have to sit the theory again before applying for a third provisional?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 codriscoll1

Ficheall wrote: »
    What happens if you let your second provisional lapse - do you have to sit the theory again before applying for a third provisional?

You only need to re-sit the theory test if your permit is expired by 5 years or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Ficheall wrote: »
    On my 2nd permit, due to expire in April. Have just now booked a test (or rather, paid to join the waiting list), so now want to apply for 3rd permit, but don't have a MyGovID or PSC card.
    Is an in-person at an NDLS centre meeting really the only option? It all seems unnecessarily complicated.

You may get a letter advising that the permit expiry date has been extended. Mine was due to expire in October and they extended it to Feb - had to go to NDLS after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I got on to NDLS about my expired learner permit they said there is no extension period being giving on the permit, And that I will have to re apply for a new one.

Advertisement