Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Single take in Bowling Alley

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Well I almost had to plead to get a reply in the Drones forum where I thought it would generate some interest.

Now in Films not a peep either. Not even a chuckle at The Big Leb. reference, or the great venue!
    Maybe I'm easily impressed. Maybe CGI reigns supreme.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It's a nifty bit of camera work, but what else can be said about it really? If Sam Raimi had drones when making the Evil Dead he'd probably have done something like this. Vast of Night did something similar recently, albeit (I think) without drones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

How many times did they do it so it could be done in one take ?

It's quite a good piece of drone work but given that no-one expresses shock at the fact that a drone is flying around shows everyone is aware this is being shot, while it's clever and shows the cinema off nicely, it is nothing that many experienced drone operators can't do.

Ps. I'm very interested in drones but can't afford them, the latest fpv drone advert from DJI is also amazing in terms of a drone camera work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

pixelburp wrote: »
    Vast of Night did something similar recently, albeit (I think) without drones.

Yeah it was handheld/steadycam, and also some bike work for the distance in the take.
    How many times did they do it so it could be done in one take ?

It's quite a good piece of drone work but given that no-one expresses shock at the fact that a drone is flying around shows everyone is aware this is being shot, while it's clever and shows the cinema off nicely, it is nothing that many experienced drone operators can't do.

I was about 9 or 10 takes to get it right. Everyone was in on it because it's an advert for the place which is why there is no reaction, and the famous films lines being heard. They made it for local advertising and it rightly went viral.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,953 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

pixelburp wrote: »
    It's a nifty bit of camera work, but what else can be said about it really? If Sam Raimi had drones when making the Evil Dead he'd probably have done something like this. Vast of Night did something similar recently, albeit (I think) without drones.
    God yeah, can you imagine if Raimi or Scorsese had access....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

That was incredible..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

That was incredible..

Have a look at the new promo video for the DJI fpv drone - another similar level of expertise from drone operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

That truly is astonishing, fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭kerplun k

That’s very impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

I wonder was it a drone using a 360 camera like the Insta360 One X2 that can reframe in post processing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement