Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Connemara on German TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"Unfortunately, this video is not available for legal reasons"
    *my translation

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

biko wrote: »
    "Unfortunately, this video is not available for legal reasons"
    *my translation

Ok so geo-locked.
    That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭what_traffic

random_guy wrote: »
    This was on last night in case someone sees a familiar face.
    From 1959 if I read the blackboard right.
    I don't know if it's geo blocked though.

https://www.ardmediathek.de/ard/video/alpha-retro/ein-kind-aus-connemara-1964/ard-alpha/Y3JpZDovL2JyLmRlL3ZpZGVvL2NlM2M0NGIxLTc1ZGUtNGFiZS04YzhjLTBiNzk1ODAwM2VkNQ/

Mostly filmed around here
    https://goo.gl/maps/SY95d5zAweii5RQN9

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

Was able to see it using a VPN. Filmed around Carna in 1959 by the looks of it. Date on the blackboard is the 17th of July, 1959. There's also a bit at the start about Féile Mhic Dara, which is on the 16th of July.

I know a German tv channel did some recording in Spiddal in the early 60's but not sure if anyone ever came across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭random_guy

B_Sharp wrote: »
    Was able to see it using a VPN. Filmed around Carna in 1959 by the looks of it. Date on the blackboard is the 17th of July, 1959. There's also a bit at the start about Féile Mhic Dara, which is on the 16th of July.

I know a German tv channel did some recording in Spiddal in the early 60's but not sure if anyone ever came across it.

There was another one on the same evening as that that I haven't been able to find.

The opening scenes were recorded in Belfast, it was still just before the troubles started. It was also partially recorded around Connemara and featured some lady who then moved to Dublin and bought a motorbike.
    The IRA also made an appearance at a few stages during it.

This one hasn't appeared in the player yet. I'll keep an eye out for it and maybe it might show up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thanks, but advice on how to get around restrictions are not allowed.

Advertisement