Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kia future plans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,558 ✭✭✭zg3409

JohnC. wrote: »
    Also of interest, they intend to install 2,400 charging stations in Europe. I wonder how many we may get.

Kia is part of Ionity, this has been held up with European competition law but once that's decided owners should get discounted rates on Ionity and presumably they may partner with middlemen for ESB discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭JohnC.

A bit of a preview of EV6 on the site now

https://www.kia.com/ie/about-kia/upcoming-models/ev6/

Not much, some glimpses in shadow and clips of front and rear lights lighting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭JohnC.

No rear wiper is...interesting. I wonder if that could be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It wasn't a problem for most cars with aerodynamically inclined rear windows, which this EV6 definitely seems to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭eagerv

icom wrote: »

I think I prefer the looks to (I presume) her sister the Ioniq 5.
    Much less fussy IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Round Cable

The rear of the EV6 resembles the Pontiac Aztek, I'd go for the Ioniq 5 before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I’d say the Koreans have a decent handle on all things rain related.

Not a fan, ioniq 5 is much more appealing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,553 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I think the EV6 is much better looking than the Ioniq5 which is just staid and boring. I particularly love the rear lights and design on the EV6. I think the front could have looked better but overall it's a great looking car.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I really like the understated "classic hot hatch" look of the Ioniq 5, not easy to do that these days and still have a low coefficient of drag

EV6 looks good too, future is looking bright for Kia / Hyundai, they were already making the best built cars in the world and their first few EVs were excellent, reliable and with an incredibly efficient drive train. If only they could produce these cars in significant quantities, something they haven't managed (or did not want to do) to date. VW most certainly will and any manufacturer who won't / don't, will get left behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Patser

It looks fantastic to me, although I still think the Ioniq 5 looks a little nicer.

I shudder to think what rear visibility is like in it though. The rear screen is tiny with big swooping pillars beside it. The pillars at least should have been darkened glass like in the i3

I like the two of them, would prefer not so many trim bits etc on the Ioniq 5. My last ICE had loads of add on trim bits and was a bugger to wash. Just when you thought it was spotless, dirt used to run out from nowhere..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,745 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Patser wrote: »
    I shudder to think what rear visibility is like in it though.

That's what I thought when I test drove the classic Ioniq. And the missus was really uncomfortable about it. Bought it anyway and we got used to it quickly. Rear visibility is "optional" anyway in terms of safety, vans don't have any

Patser wrote: »
    It looks fantastic to me, although I still think the Ioniq 5 looks a little nicer.

I shudder to think what rear visibility is like in it though. The rear screen is tiny with big swooping pillars beside it. The pillars at least should have been darkened glass like in the i3

I think you get used to what ever vis you have. The previous three cars I have mainly driven all had a split rear window by spoiler. Never gave it a second thought (Even though journos always moaned )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

unkel wrote: »
    That's what I thought when I test drove the classic Ioniq. And the missus was really uncomfortable about it. Bought it anyway and we got used to it quickly. Rear visibility is "optional" anyway in terms of safety, vans don't have any

Optional in terms of the safety of the occupants of the car, I think you meant to say.

Advertisement