Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 29 Transfer/ FH Thread

• 13-03-2021 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

Thinking a lot of players be free hitting or trying roll 7/8 players into this week, I'll be FH so excited to have likes of Bale and Auba and Cresswell in my team for a week as an audition for WC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Finally shipping Barnes and getting Bale. Will bring me to 6 players (Striujk inj would of been 7)!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Robertson out (finally) for Cresswell or Dawson most likely or possibly Brighton cover.

Will leave me with 8....don't think anyone else is worth a hit tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've been building for this gameweek, but injuries are putting pay to all my plans. Have 9 for it at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭dasa29

Have 8 for it at the moment and 2FTs. injuries are putting pay to all my plans with Traoré and Kane with yellow flags.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭CornettoQueen

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Finally shipping Barnes and getting Bale. Will bring me to 6 players (Striujk inj would of been 7)!

Starting today which is good news.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Starting today which is good news.

Just seen this. Hopefully holds place next week & I get my 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Currently have 6 players for next week and 2FT. I'll probably do 3 transfers and use it as a chance to clean up my team a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not plannign any chips, currently have

Martinez (and also Meslier)
    Regulion / Aina
    Son / Lingard
    Bamford / Watkins

2FT's, thinking of bringing in Dallas and Bale to bring it to 9 (including a doubtful Bamford)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Next GW going to be a lottery - so many will only have 6/7 players - but will probably have Son/Kane - and could get the right captain choice and outscore someone will 11 players just as easy.

Currently have 8, with 1 FT. Plan was to get Auba and Bale but will see how this week goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Had 8 but down to 7 with Bamford injured, I think Kane is alright but if not then its down to 6.

Have 2 FTs and wondering might now be the time to bring in Bale. Dont Spurs also have a DGW at some point soon? Would be good to have all 3 Spurs assets simultaneously for that.

Other thoughts are getting Chelsea keeper/defender in, also waiting to see how Jota does v Wolves on Monday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

4 players Son Kane Fabianski Bamford
    Kane and Bam are doubtful

Potential moves i can see
    Raphina
    Soucek
    Bale
    Grealish
    Auba

The leeds man might be my go to cover
    A hit to bring in Bale is not beyond me either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

Already used this weeks free transfer to bring in an extra player with a game this week. Cancello out for Lascelles. Lascelles gives me enough in the bank now to bring in KDB next week and have a bit left over to upgrade Holding to someone who plays but might rethink this again. Using the last few free transfers has built me up to potentially ten to play in 29 but now BTraore and Bamford are after picking up knocks and Holding seems out of favour and all are at risk of not playing so probably a bad week coming up in spite of trying to avoid it, but there could be a good number in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Bamford is down as "ruled out" on PremierInjuries.com so that's a damn shame as that's a player less for this skinny GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,601 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bamford is down as "ruled out" on PremierInjuries.com so that's a damn shame as that's a player less for this skinny GW.

Is that reliable or would they be prone to jump the gun based on him coming off alone?

He would have been one of my strikers for sure in my FH team.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Is that reliable or would they be prone to jump the gun based on him coming off alone?

He would have been one of my strikers for sure in my FH team.

Ben Dinnery works for them so they’re fairly reliable.

So many have him it's not much of an issue. In a ormal week if Bamford was out, those with good benches would get an advantage, but in this scenario we're all just down one more player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Shedite27 wrote: »
    So many have him it's not much of an issue. In a ormal week if Bamford was out, those with good benches would get an advantage, but in this scenario we're all just down one more player.

A lot of people will be using FH though and will be able to replace him, so still quite a disadvantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

I have 9 players and 2 FT's But 2 of my squad are Holding and Blankford. So might need to take a hit after all or ...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Silly question - should I use my FT today for example to get in a player in I want for future weeks, even though I am using my Free Hit in GW29? I am correct in saying once I use my Free Hit I can't bank my free transfer and I will not have 2 FT's in GW 30 if I don't use my FT this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,507 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Irish94 wrote: »
    Silly question - should I use my FT today for example to get in a player in I want for future weeks, even though I am using my Free Hit in GW29? I am correct in saying once I use my Free Hit I can't bank my free transfer and I will not have 2 FT's in GW 30 if I don't use my FT this week?

Your transfer will be reversed when you press Free Hit. Also you will have 1 free transfer for GW30 regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Irish94 wrote: »

FH negates transfers.
    Playing FH will revert your team you had at start of GW.

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/help/rules

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Not plannign any chips, currently have

Martinez (and also Meslier)
    Regulion / Aina
    Son / Lingard
    Bamford / Watkins

2FT's, thinking of bringing in Dallas and Bale to bring it to 9 (including a doubtful Bamford)

Make that 2 doubtfuls now, Son and Bamford

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Is bringing Bale in for Son TOO obvious?

Had earmarked ESR to Lingard, but Son's injury has put paid to that.

Either way I'll have eight players active.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is bringing Bale in for Son TOO obvious?

Had thought it about it myself earlier but going to wait to see what Sons injury is like. The downside of Bale is that Jose seems to be strictly managing his minutes, he was subbed on 57 minutes today with the score at 1-1. He got 70 minutes v Palace last week. If he starts it seems he will not be on the pitch when the opposition are tired and stretched in that final 10 minutes of the game.

As a Kane owner too Im thinking Sons absence will reduce Kanes chances of points as well, Son getting injured has knock on effects. To add Bale into that mix while Son is missing could be a mistake.

I think the prospect of Son being able to play 6 days after coming off with a hamstring injury is close enough to impossible.

If it’s not a serious one he should hopefully be back after the international break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

CSF wrote: »
    I think the prospect of Son being able to play 6 days after coming off with a hamstring injury is close enough to impossible.

If it’s not a serious one he should hopefully be back after the international break.

I agree. I had 11 for this gw after some planning but that includes son and bamford so down to 9. Not ideal and missed our on points in previous week planning for the blank so double annoyed.

I think and i havent checked seriousness of injuries just going on watching the games that bamford has the best chance of being fit next week. I could live with a minus four to get 11 on the pitch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

7 playing and will do two transfers to have 9 -4.
    sterling and gundog to go i just have to decide who comes in, possibles lingard raphina auba oodegaard

POKERKING wrote: »
    I agree. I had 11 for this gw after some planning but that includes son and bamford so down to 9. Not ideal and missed our on points in previous week planning for the blank so double annoyed.

I think and i havent checked seriousness of injuries just going on watching the games that bamford has the best chance of being fit next week. I could live with a minus four to get 11 on the pitch.

Yeah Bamford could be fine, it’s hard to know. After planning to 11 and that happening, you defo have more right to feel aggrieved than someone with 5 players who is now down to 3, even though the end result is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone thinking of a Brighton triple up in defence? Maximum risk, maximum reward.

I'm at that stage of the season where I have to take risks and punts anyways. Lot's of my rivals don't have FH or many playing players this week.

• Advertisement

Fitz* wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of a Brighton triple up in defence? Maximum risk, maximum reward.

I'm at that stage of the season where I have to take risks and punts anyways. Lot's of my rivals don't have FH or many playing players this week.

I think I might go Dunk, Veltman, Maupay

Advertisement