Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Endfloat - My YouTube channel for classic cars and machines

• 08-03-2021 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

How are we doing folks? I hope this is OK to post and it doesn't come across as shameless self promotion. I have been making YouTube videos for the past year and a half on a variety of topics, mainly based around my own projects but with some car reviews and road tests thrown in too.

Content includes the restoration of a 1974 MGB GT that has been sitting up since 1991...

Restoration of a 1974 1303S beetle with a 1915cc engine in it...

Mechanical repairs to another 74 beetle...

A TDI conversion on a 1987 VW T3 camper...

Restoration of a Lister D engine...

Please do pop over and take a look, and if you like what you see, please do subscribe.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Some interesting videos there. I have already taken a look at a few of your MGB videos as I won one myself. Keep up the good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Sub'd!!! Always glad to support Irish Youtubers. I share some of my motorbike projects on my YT.

I sold you your Beetle back in 2009, I want to say! What happened?!?!?! It was gorgeous when you had her done first!!!

The way it was when I got her back in 2008, iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_PGs4nhRQ

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭johnml

Subscribed a couple of months ago. Really enjoy your videos... Keep up the good work!!
    I also have an MGB GT waiting for me to get the motivation to restore it, so I'm watching with interest!!
    Looking forward to seeing what your new camera is like, although the footage on the one you've been using is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Endfloat

cantdecide wrote: »
    Sub'd!!! Always glad to support Irish Youtubers. I share some of my motorbike projects on my YT.

I sold you your Beetle back in 2009, I want to say! What happened?!?!?! It was gorgeous when you had her done first!!!

The way it was when I got her back in 2008, iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_PGs4nhRQ

Hi Ian! I do indeed remember you. Wow! That's a fantastic video to see! Definitely a blast from the past for me. Well when it had its first resto, it was found to be badly rotten in many key areas, which were well disguised in places so you may not have known about them. I used it as a daily after the restoration and the rot started to take hold again so it needed a tidy up. Unfortunately the guy who's doing it for me now is taking the absolute p!ss, and has had it for over a year and a half and I just can't get him to get the thumb out. So that's where it is now. I will get it back on the road. When though, I don't know.

Thanks everyone for supporting my channel!

johnml wrote: »
    Subscribed a couple of months ago. Really enjoy your videos... Keep up the good work!!
    I also have an MGB GT waiting for me to get the motivation to restore it, so I'm watching with interest!!
    Looking forward to seeing what your new camera is like, although the footage on the one you've been using is very good.

Thanks! Any questions you have, ask away. I'll do my best to help. The new camera should be with me in a week or so. I'm looking forward to trying it out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

none of the videos are working ??

RobAMerc wrote: »
    none of the videos are working ??

Oh! Sorry, I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me.

Well, here's a link for my channel if you want to take a look...
    http://www.youtube.com/endfloat

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Endfloat wrote: »
    Hi Ian! I do indeed remember you. Wow! That's a fantastic video to see! Definitely a blast from the past for me. Well when it had its first resto, it was found to be badly rotten in many key areas, which were well disguised in places so you may not have known about them. I used it as a daily after the restoration and the rot started to take hold again so it needed a tidy up. Unfortunately the guy who's doing it for me now is taking the absolute p!ss, and has had it for over a year and a half and I just can't get him to get the thumb out. So that's where it is now. I will get it back on the road. When though, I don't know.

Hopefully for you"your guy" is not on this thread as he might take offence at saying he is taking the piss.I think the current covid thing seems to have had an impact on lots of areas.
    Do your own resto and youtube it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I remember seeing your build thread on Eircooled... yes, it was pretty mingin'. I had no idea. I'll be keeping and eye on the channel. Keep the content coming. I'll be glad to see her back on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

How are we doing folks? I hope this is OK to post and it doesn't come across as shameless self promotion. I have been making YouTube videos for the past year and a half on a variety of topics, mainly based around my own projects but with some car reviews and road tests thrown in too.

Content includes the restoration of a 1974 MGB GT that has been sitting up since 1991...

Please do pop over and take a look, and if you like what you see, please do subscribe.

Many thanks!

Hi, I seen your fantastic review for your 2013 Auris Hybrid. It was one of the best reviews of this car on Youtube period. I also subscribed to your channel. Keep up the great work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Many thanks!

Hi, I seen your fantastic review for your 2013 Auris Hybrid. It was one of the best reviews of this car on Youtube period. I also subscribed to your channel. Keep up the great work.;)

kadman wrote: »
    Hopefully for you"your guy" is not on this thread as he might take offence at saying he is taking the piss.I think the current covid thing seems to have had an impact on lots of areas.
    Do your own resto and youtube it.:)

I don't really care if he does or doesn't see it, to be honest. I've made it clear to him exactly what my opinion is at this point, given that he's had my car since September 2019, well before Covid hit, and nothing was done for months. I don't have the facility or expertise to do the work myself, but that doesn't give him the right to take the piss.

Thank you everybody for showing your support and for the words of encouragement! There'll be plenty more material coming out of Endfloat studios over the next while!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I would suspect that you would have the technical know how, and what better way to brush up on your own
    skills than a resto on one of your own cars.

Gaw on, you know it makes sense...:D

Ah it's in primer now with your man who's doing for me anyway. He's telling me it'll be in top coat next week. I'll believe it when I see it. Either way, the fun begins for me putting it all back together and making it the car I want it to be.

Advertisement