Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the Rovers ever Return? Your pub megathread, Part 2 - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus it feels like we're living in the age of knacker drinking ie being underage and drinking in fields/parks etc and try not to get caught

****ing farce

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Jesus it feels like we're living in the age of knacker drinking ie being underage and drinking in fields/parks etc and try not to get caught

****ing farce

Yes I’ve a choice of field, street drinking and a friend maybe having me over for a few hours to celebrate paddy’s day... pain in the hole but they are my only options, I’m not staying inside on paddy’s day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Didn't ask for your opinion. Keep it to yourself, good lad.

Nobody is asking for yours either "Paddy" but you seem only too eager to give it. Maybe you should consider your own advice and then heed it

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sambowden

Seeing as we are so far behind with vaccinations - once the pubs open in the North there is going to be a massive amount of people heading north on Friday/Saturday nights - those living in the North will be fine because they will be near full vaccination or have reached herd immunity at least - so mass outbreaks are unlikely at that point. However, if we have not reached herd immunity in the south by then - and lets face it - it not looking likely nice with all the drama around Astra Zeneca - we are all going to be in pubs and nightclubs up North giving each other the virus and then heading back to south to spread it around again!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Another? No

A continuation of this one? Probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

sambowden wrote: »
    we are all going to be in pubs and nightclubs up North giving each other the virus and then heading back to south to spread it around again!

Some might, most won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,278 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I live in north Kildare and certainty wouldn’t be heading up north on a Saturday night for the sake of a few beers and spirits.

The hassle of getting up north then finding an unfamiliar pub or nightclub (possibly sectarian) and probably dealing with hassle from locals...nahhhh

Getting home at stupid o clock would be a nightmare too.

Maybe ppl in border counties will?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,783 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I'd say the fear is when holiday season comes round alot will look to Belfast,Derry and around the giants causeway to holiday as you'll have hotels and pubs fully open and no meal rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

If that option is there people will go no point pretending otherwise. Closing the border is not a runner so unfortunately it's gonna happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Of course people will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The virus doesn't like the sunny months, most likely the lockdown will go to May or June , then open up, then BAM lockdown number 4 come September or October.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The virus doesn't like the sunny months, most likely the lockdown will go to May or June , then open up, then BAM lockdown number 4 come September or October.

BS. You think the majority here won't be vaccinated by Sept/ Oct. Seems to be wishful thinking on your part.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Dayo93

We are doomed , you just have to look at the change in the narrative this week , we have been doing a great job and now suddenly we are all bold paddies again , loosing control off ourselves because the schools are opened ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

People living in border counties, possibly. I think the issue will be more around holiday time. Why would someone go to a county with restrictions when they could go to one without.

BS. You think the majority here won't be vaccinated by Sept/ Oct. Seems to be wishful thinking on your part.

Who knows man, the vaccine is losing it's effectiveness at every new varient. It's already at like 70% now which is still a lot of possibilities. Now there's a problem and it's being recalled.

I want to virus to end as much as the next person but I'm starting to lose hope that the end is in sight.

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Who knows man, the vaccine is losing it's effectiveness at every new varient. It's already at like 70% now which is still a lot of possibilities. Now there's a problem and it's being recalled.

How can you fit so much rubbish into a short comment? You actually sound like an anti vaxxer
    The AZ vaccine is being paused at present there are several others available for use.
    If you are claiming the vaccines are losing effectiveness prehaps back up your claim.
    Why are you losing hope, by your own admission you live in China isn't it fully open?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

The government are terrified of reopening because they know they won't be able to close things down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

sambowden wrote: »
    once the pubs open in the North there is going to be a massive amount of people heading north on Friday/Saturday nights!
    Will there? A few from bordering counties might chance it. I can't see a massive amount of people making that trip for a few drinks.

I have a staycation booked up North in summer. I booked up there for this exact reason.

Nowhere will be open down here. Or there will be lots of restrictions.

How can you fit so much rubbish into a short comment? You actually sound like an anti vaxxer
    The AZ vaccine is being paused at present there are several others available for use.
    If you are claiming the vaccines are losing effectiveness prehaps back up your claim.
    Why are you losing hope, by your own admission you live in China isn't it fully open?

I don't know why you've an obsession with me living in China you post it in nearly comment.

Id like to return to Ireland and study this year, ive a family I want to bring back too. But every passing week I feel despair as Ireland is having set backs and lockdowns and fines etc, I'm starting to lose all hope for returning and bringing my family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

My trip north will involve 1 destination belfast international airport to get the fcuk out of this dump for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Another? No

Exactly what I was going to say. In order to have 'another' lockdown we'll have to get out of this one first. And making the 5km go away and allow someone to meet someone else outside is not the lifting of a lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

When the North opens its doors it changes everything down here, nphet/government will not be able to carry on with the status quo. Nó ONÉ in the border counties is going to obey any lockdown instructions when they get a meal and a few pints across the road. Thank god for the North as it will push the clowns down here into action.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭Hoboo

My trip north will involve 1 destination belfast international airport to get the fcuk out of this dump for a while.

:D Amazes me why people build a life in a place they hate and presumably work to pay to escape now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

mightyreds wrote: »
    I'd say the fear is when holiday season comes round alot will look to Belfast,Derry and around the giants causeway to holiday as you'll have hotels and pubs fully open and no meal rules.

I hear Belfast Airport is nice that time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I have a staycation booked up North in summer. I booked up there for this exact reason.

There isn't much evidence that Robin Swann and gang want to open things in the north ever either, sadly, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Another? No

I know for many of us this is a dream come true. I feel like they are spoiling us now. How is the government going to be able to follow up a lockdown next year?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,099 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭thebronze14

Yeah we are planning to do the same in July. Haven't been around the Northern coast for any length of time since I was a kid so win win! Defo would go up to Belfast for the weekend as well earlier if places are open as it's a good auld spot to go out in. Pity football will be over then and I presume the ice hockey as that's a bit of craic to go to

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

I for one am hanging for a pint the oul bottles aint the same-counting down the days

Advertisement