Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BattleStar Galactica

• 17-02-2013 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Just started watching Battlestar...

SO I started on the miniseries, then season 1,2 and Have just started season 3...Does Razor happen between seasons 3 and 4?

Also where do the wedisodes and other bits such as chrome fit in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Razor was shown between 3 and 4, though chronologically it's set earlier, before S3 I think.
    It's might be more relevant to watch it before S3, but it may contain some spoilers for S3.

The Resistance webisodes go between 2 and 3, so watch them now if you haven't.

Face of the Enemy webisodes apparently go after 4x11 (which is 5x01, if you conside the split final season as two seasons, instead of two half seasons).

The Plan goes between 4x15 and 4x16, or just leave it after you've finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Laura Roslin is a cnut!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I just started watching this, but can someone tell me, why is the blonde Cylon in Gaius Baltars head?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I just started watching this, but can someone tell me, why is the blonde Cylon in Gaius Baltars head?

It's explained at the end of the show but don't expect a good explanation, :pac:

Great show though

because he has a great imagination!

tricia-helfer_0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

been watching it on bbc2 nearly through season 3. it's a bit of a drag in places though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Where is this available online streaming etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭banie01

beauf wrote: »
    Where is this available online streaming etc.

Amazon Prime have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭hold my beer

banie01 wrote: »
    Amazon Prime have it.

Just searched on PrimeVideo and it's not there

• Registered Users Posts: 16,418 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just searched on PrimeVideo and it's not there

It's on mine, but I do have my video region set to UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm based in Madrid, it is on Prime here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

its not on mine either...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭Greyfox

For me Battlestar Gallactica is the most underratted tv show ever, its like the wire set in space. It does lose its way a bit in the final season but overall its serious, thought provoking scfi at its best

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Greyfox wrote: »
    For me Battlestar Gallactica is the most underratted tv show ever, its like the wire set in space. It does lose its way a bit in the final season but overall its serious, thought provoking scfi at its best

I fully agree. The last season undeniably doesn't live up to what came before it (Although not everything can be breaking bad). Easily in my top 5 TV shows ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Finished a rewatch a few months ago, there are so many great moments in this show. Adama is one of the all time greats in sci-fi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Bought the Original 70s series and the newer 4 seasons box sets yesterday. Can't wait. When I saw the A-Teams 'Face' on the cover of the older series DVD box, I had a fleeting memory of watching BSG on TV as a young child. But I have no real memories of it. I haven't googled a thing about it since. Can't wait to watch them all

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭setanta1000

I never watched the remake so am watching it now for the first time through BBC2 - I agree with all the above, it's pretty good stuff, and they have managed to keep the quality high throughout the seasons I have seen so far....Gaius Baltar is brilliant.

The one funny thing that I find incongruous is the amount of cigarettes the doctor gets through - you don't really see characters smoking nowadays on main stream tv series.

...anyway it's a yes for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

For comparison purposes there were two shows that really kinda kicked off at the time, Lost and Battlestar Gallactica

One had an ending.. that one was Battlestar Gallactica

• Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

lost had an ending you sure about that ?

I gave up on lost after 1st season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Battlestar Galactica is one of my all time favourite shows. The soundtracks were masterpieces and the music element even crept into the show.

I recently watched The Expanse which escaped my attention for 5 years and it’s the best sci-fi show I’ve seen since BSG.

BSG though had me in tears at the end. There was just so many good things about that show. It struggled with the direction it was going in toward the end and there are parts of it that drag probably due to budget constraints but overall it’s excellent.

I watched it recently and was amazed at how bad the cgi looked for the cylons nowadays. Ha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I actually think the episodes without the Cylons in them are the worst. There is the odd good one but when the Cylons are not there the show is generally a drag. The Cylons really kept them all on there feet.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Recently watched this for the first time and I loved it.

I enjoyed all of it even though the last season was very rough compared to the rest of it
    Gaius and the blonde cylon showing up at times sqaure at the end felt as subtle as a sledgehammer.

I thought it was well done how it starts off primarily about the threat of the cylons
    the episode where the cylons target the ship's water store was great
    but as the stress of trying to survive gets to them slowly the people are just as big a threat
    Tom Zarek and the leader of the second battlestar being the main one.

Some of the acting/dialogue could be ham-fisted
    Lee Adama being fat for a couple of episodes was just weird
    but it also had great moments
    Dee's suicide was heartbreaking

My favourite two characters were Adama Sr and Tigh who were brilliant in every scene together. Unfortunately Michael Hogan who played Tigh fell and suffered a head injury last year leaving him with permanent difficulties.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

lost had an ending you sure about that ?

I gave up on lost after 1st season

He said one had on ending and that was Battlestar Galactica.

Lost I do not know I got lost on it lol. Watched 2 or 3 seasons at most.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup; there's already a thread for the new show:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=111275444

Advertisement