Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Delete the transponder or the channel ?

Options
  • 12-03-2021 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Having reception issues on Astra 28 only with 10847 V 2300. Question: whats the difference between deleting the transponder and deleting the channel ?
    I can scan the tp for a deleted channel but how do I locate the deleted tp without a full reset? Using Amiko mini combo extra.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

The transponder is the frequency, I checked above and if you delete the transponder you will lose all the channels allocated that transponder. They are all BBC 2 wales hd, bbc 2 sd, bbc one hd, bbc one ni hd, cbbc hd BBC 2 HD, BBC ONE sd, BBC ONE NI HD.

Which channel is giving you grief? Delete that and do a rescan. I am using zgemma h7s for this. It caught my eye as I never deleted a transponder!!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭mrtom

swoofer wrote: »
    The transponder is the frequency, I checked above and if you delete the transponder you will lose all the channels allocated that transponder. They are all BBC 2 wales hd, bbc 2 sd, bbc one hd, bbc one ni hd, cbbc hd BBC 2 HD, BBC ONE sd, BBC ONE NI HD.

Which channel is giving you grief? Delete that and do a rescan. I am using zgemma h7s for this. It caught my eye as I never deleted a transponder!!

I'm here as I'v already deleted / re scanned relevant channels, BBC1 & BBC 2 HD with no solution so looking at the tp now. I know the value for the channel but not the transponder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

The TP is 50 but I cant see how that will help!!

https://www.lyngsat.com/Astra-2E-2F-2G.html

I dont know the amiko so not any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Delete the transponder, and then add it in again and do TP scan, as per the video.

There are no SD channels on that TP, only HD channels. It should be very strong in Ireland. The symbol rate is 23000 not 2300, but that was probably just a typo? All the channels are duplicated as per the King of Sat list, except the 6945 channel.

https://en.kingofsat.net/pos-28.2E.php

This is odd, I deleted all channels on 10847 V 23000, deleted the TP, restarted, added TP & scanned. So I have the relevant HD channels I watch however the same issue, breaking up, "shearing" on BBC 1 & 2 HD.
    Again all other HD and SD channels work perfectly, just 10847 V 23000. Signal quality good and stable.
    I can switch over to BBC 4 HD for a moment then pop back to BBC 1 HD to fix this issue for that moment. Most odd indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭dam099

Strange, I am also having similar trouble with BBC on this transponder, I thought maybe my dish had got misaligned slightly in recent winds but the SNR was still good and traditionally weaker channels didn't have the issue. I wonder if the transponder itself has a fault then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,484 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

BBC Four HD is on 11023 H 23000 (after 7pm). If you can live without BBC 1 Northern Ireland HD, then the Welsh and Scottish versions are also on 11023. Along with a fairly new channel BBCScotlandHD, which is not the same as BBC 1.

BBC Four HD is on 11023 H 23000 (after 7pm). If you can live without BBC 1 Northern Ireland HD, then the Welsh and Scottish versions are also on 11023. Along with a fairly new channel BBCScotlandHD, which is not the same as BBC 1.

Yep, considering that.....

Advertisement