Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

It's That Man Again: The Nate Nate Show - Friday 12th March 2021

• 11-03-2021 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭

Following on from The Late Late Show's Taking Care of Business Special which aired last year, this Friday the show welcomes back the inaugural bursary winners Patrick Cox, Oliver Kirwan, Donagh Quigley, and Denise Rock with news of how their business have adapted and thrived through the lockdown.

This evening the LLS takes another gaze into its own navel, and tentatively presents a fingertip worth of questionably coloured fluff.
    Actor Allen Leech of Downton Abbey and Bohemian Rhapsody fame is set to talk about coming home to Ireland, the joy of a good pint and why he supports the work of the Sudden Adult Death Syndrome charity, CRY.

Happy Friday! Tell us about your dead friend!
    Home of the Year is currently back on our screens and the differing opinions between the judges have got the nation talking. Hugh Wallace, Amanda Bone and Suzie Mc Adam will be in studio tomorrow night to discuss this year's homes.

Riveting, another quality RTE production that no one will watch.
    Seána Kerslake star of new Sunday night hit-drama Smother will be speaking to Ryan about filming the show in Lahinch in the middle of the pandemic, and she will be remembering her close friend Danika McGuigan, daughter of Barry McGuigan.

Never mind the new show you're appearing in, tell us about your dead friend.
    On the music front, Nathan Carter will be in studio with the first TV performance of his new song, while Dea Matrona from Belfast will also be in studio to perform their latest single, Make You My Star.

Nathan Carter, who's he?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭brian_t

And only a five day wait for the next Late Late.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I'll tune in for Dea Matrona

They have some class covers on their Youtube

Watch and learn, Carter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,360 ✭✭✭MfMan

What night this season is Christy Dignam of one-hit wonders Aslan on, to talk about illness? Have I missed it already?

Looking forward to Séana Kerslake who is a very sound person with whom I had the pleasure to work in many occasions. Couldn't have been more helpful and obliging.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,557 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

CharmingSimplisticGermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

• Advertisement

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

MfMan wrote: »
    What night this season is Christy Dignam of one-hit wonders Aslan on, to talk about illness? Have I missed it already?

Aslan had many hits to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did someone lose the keys to the "Funometer"?

Looking forward to Nathan’s new death metal direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Better Nate than never

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,376 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Nathan Carter won't have to worry about travelling outside his 5km for this.

He must fcuking live in Montrose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did someone lose the keys to the "Funometer"?

Didn't last long did it? One would almost think the BoyMan was being insincere!

He's told us so many times, in the immortal words of D-Ream, that things are only gonna get better.

(I only went back five years, because I lost the will to live.)

2016/2017
    "We all want to do the best - so yeah, I'd only want the best for the show and the viewer," he said.

Tubridy admitted to having boned up on his skills during the summer by reading Michael Parkinson's autobiography, saying: "I love reading about chat shows and that world when I'm on holidays. I think it helps to up your game a little bit."

Having inherited "the institution" that is 'The Late Late Show' seven years ago, Tubridy said the Saturday night show had to forge its own field.

But he concluded: "I want to be the best and I'm going to try to be the best."

Also...
    “The build up to the Toy Show goes on for three weeks in advance,” Tubridy said.

“I just think people are out the door with planning and buying things and there’s so much that it can get a little crass. So just pull it back a bit and contain it to that lovely three-week run where it should be.

2017/2018
    "The Late Late Show feels like my living room on a Sunday now and I want people to come and join me in the living room like it's my house.

"I'm going to go into the audience more, mess more, relax more, have longer interviews if they have to be, shorter interviews if they're not as good as they should be and just be... it will be honest TV."
    He told the Irish Sun: “This September will be Late Late Show year number nine. That means that someone who is 18 this year will have known me as Late Late host since they were nine. That’s interesting. I am their guy.”

He added that 15 years in the Late Late chair “sounded good”, adding: “Maybe beyond that. I’m really enjoying it now. We have a new background team starting in August so we’re in reboot territory.”

2018/2019
    "There's big things happening this season, and it's extremely exciting."

2019/2020
    "We're kind of tweaking and we're looking at the show and little elements of it to spruce it up a little bit. I think it could do with that little touch of love," he said.

2020/2021
    ‘We’re going to have to reconfigure, or at least look at, how the show is going to work from September onwards in terms of the change and the shape,’ he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

KevRossi wrote: »
    Nathan Carter won't have to worry about travelling outside his 5km for this.

He must fcuking live in Montrose.

ROTFL :D

And no Mr. Crinklewood, no orgy news yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Dire in minus quantities tonight.

Greetings all.

I'm in the bed should I get up?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is rte going to play a bit of Steely Dan for a reeling in the covid year

Go on the owl!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

How are yis?

Jaysus Oi luv Oirland!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Is the cd broken

• Advertisement

Always good to hear more of the theme tune :)

Always good to hear more of the theme tune :)

Best bit in ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Wishox

oh the cheers lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The fcuk is this

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Best bit in ages!

Forget tapping my toe, I was stomping my foot :D

I need to get out more :o

Ah you do miss the audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I watched Smother on Sunday night and it confused me :D

'Sudden adult death'

The weekend's here, folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

At least RT didn't do what the actual TAosieach keeps doing (along with everyone else) and call Varadkar the Taoiseach!
    Begrudging +1 point for the stickman;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭passremarkable

'Sudden adult death'

The weekend's here, folks!

Good way to start the weekend
    Get you in the mood !

Advertisement