Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Judas and the Black Messiah

• 12-03-2021 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭

Surprised there's no thread for this:

Excellent cast and sitting at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes. Gonna rent it later tonight. Has anyone seen it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looks very good and as said it has 96% critics score and a 95% audience score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭flasher0030

biko wrote: »
    Looks very good and as said it has 96% critics score and a 95% audience score.

Watched it last week. It's ok. I'm not that interested in that whole political agenda. I watched something similar few months ago - Blackkklansman. But it was infiltrating the KKK.
    Both films dragged out for me. Both could easily have been condensed into an hour and nothing significant would be left out.

No more films for me re KKK, black rights, racial riots etc. Just not my cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, movies that are longer than 2 hours often take themselves too seriously.

You might want to give Malcolm X with Denzel Washington Movie a go, I found it very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Didn't hit hard enough, same as blackkklansman that some of the characters felt too much like caricature. Some excellent scenes but the whole black rights thing wasn't really touched on with any real depth. Also the actors were all late 20s to 30s when the real story was about people in their late teens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

I watched it last night and enjoyed it but it could have done with being maybe 20/30 minutes longer to give more background on the whole movement and that might have meant I connected with it more (this does make me want to read more about it though, maybe that’s the intention).
    I thought Daniel Kaluuya was phenomenal in it but both my wife and I were struggling to understand his accent and so I had to turn subtitles on! The whole ‘I am, a revolutionary!’ scene was amazing and it’s been going through my head all day.

I’d give it 7.5/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daniel is cleaning up with awards, seems an Oscar lock too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭cmac2009

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Daniel is cleaning up with awards, seems an Oscar lock too

Delighted for him. He's been superb in any films of his I've watched, and comes across as a genuine, funny and humble person in any interviews I've read/seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Watched it last night.
    Thought it would be more engaging but it was a decent watch.
    I also found some of the dialogue hard to understand at times.
    Martin Sheen's make up was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Overall a decent film, some good scenes in it.

Good soundtrack too.

All of the main characters were played very well

But I agree Martin sheen was a let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭Shred

Yes I agree; Martin Sheen was a bit Nixon of Watchmen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement