Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW28 Captain

• 11-03-2021 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭

Who you got?

Currently Bruno (C), Kane (VC)

Tempted by Kane though.

GW28 Capitano? 113 votes

Watkins (new)
    67% 76 votes
    DCL (BUR)
    0% 1 vote
    Richarlison (BUR)
    0% 1 vote
    KDB (ful)
    0% 0 votes
    Gundogan (ful)
    5% 6 votes
    Vardy (SHU)
    3% 4 votes
    Kane (ars)
    0% 1 vote
    Fernandes (WHU)
    9% 11 votes
    Salah (wol)
    7% 9 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    3% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I was gonna captain KdB v Fulham but am thinking Kane because he has a very good record at scoring vs Arsenal, he is the record goalscorer in the fixture with 11 goals. Hes just gone and scored another two goals tonight in the Europa League on top of the two he got last weekend. Bale should play v Arsenal too as he didnt get minutes tonight so another supply line for 'arry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I was gonna captain KdB v Fulham but am thinking Kane because he has a very good record at scoring vs Arsenal, he is the record goalscorer in the fixture with 11 goals. Hes just gone and scored another two goals tonight in the Europa League on top of the two he got last weekend. Bale should play v Arsenal too as he didnt get minutes tonight so another supply line for 'arry

Gonna depend on the injury though. If it is even an injury

Who, Kane? Didnt watch the Spurs game. I was wrong on Bale too not getting minutes, just seeing now he came on as a sub on 64 minutes tonight. Would think he will start v Arsenal if he got through tonight okay

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane will play, might be a very slight knock but not injured.

https://twitter.com/AlasdairGold/status/1370141356987932687?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Muahahaha wrote: »

Spurs havent scored too many goals away from home though. At home they are scoring fairly heavy, but not so much away from home

• Advertisement

yeah true and derbies are always tight affairs. But I just cant see Arsenal keeping a clean sheet especially if that Son Moura Kane Bale combination starts the game. If Harry doesnt score himself theres still a decent chance he will assist Bale like he did twice last weekend.

My other captain option is deBruyne who may even be rested or just get 30 minutes given City have Champions League next week. His fixture v Fulham is the easier one but think I will still go with Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I'm on Kane right now. Considering Mason Mount though. Suspended in CL, has had his rest and on set pieces Vs Leeds. The risk of him not starting will prevent me from doing it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Either Kane or Bale. Kane atm as he's the obvious one but Bale could be a nice outsider pick if I end up feeling adventurous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

I'm between Kane and Bruno.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭BackforFPL

Was leaning towards Kane but not sure now with the knock. Might go Bruno or Bale.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

I was going for Bruno until I saw that Cavani, Rashford and Martial are all serious doubts...

Gets very difficult. West ham are no pushovers, Dec Rice & Soucek are playing really well in midfield.

Going for Kane atm for reasons mentioned above. Lenos & Xhakas giving the ball away in the last 7 days does make Kane more appealing

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Kane has a great record in NLDs and one more goal will make him the all time top scorer in the fixture. I'm sure he knows this and it will be an extra motivation. For that reason, I'm highly likely to give him the armband. And I'm a gooner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Going with Kane. Seems to have hit top form and his record Vs Arsenal is ridiculous. I think West Ham could frustrate United.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭shmeee

Don't own Kane or Bruno.

Sticking it on DCL, can only get better after Cancelo last week.... Will surely be an improvement on 2 points.

*Change to Salah....... Right locked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

salah is surely going to dissapoint me. sure look

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Not crazy about my captaincy options this week. Tempted by Cancelo but I've gone with DCL.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I caved and did Salah with no real comfort about it. Those United injuries turned me off Bruno despite me being on him most of the week.

Advertisement