Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leaf upgrade

• 12-03-2021 8:51am

Hello
    I have a 171 Tekna with 57k kms on it.

I do enjoy driving it but the range limit is pretty restrictive. As it only has the 3kw charger and the lack of Chademo charges around using public chargers is pretty useless if I need to do a longer trip. I've been caught out recently a few times where the Chademo was not working and sitting in the car waiting for a charge is just not feasible.

So I've been thinking of changing.

Any idea what my car is worth and also what other EV options would be open to me if I was to add 5-7k to my budget.

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If you got €11k for it then bite their hands, now you're up to €18k....Ioniq28 but that's not a massive leap IMHO.
    Now you could look at the Zoe which has much greater range but will that work with your rapid charging?
    A few BMW i3's with REX too at that price

...just some ideas......

slave1 wrote: »
    If you got €11k for it then bite their hands, now you're up to €18k....Ioniq28 but that's not a massive leap IMHO.
    Now you could look at the Zoe which has much greater range but will that work with your rapid charging?
    A few BMW i3's with REX too at that price

...just some ideas......

Thanks for the reply.

11k? I was hoping Id get more than that! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

For reference I sold a 2014 Tekna 24kWh for €12k in March 2020, similar mileage to yours. Is it 24 or 30kWh?

Lots of 2017 30kWh Teknas listed by garages around €18k. Depending on the condition of yours I'd be tempted to start at €16k and see how you get on, you're not in a hurry.

Based on my experience, I would put it up on the likes of adverts.ie and just wait for a buyer to come along, don't expect a flood of calls.

Zenith74 wrote: »
    For reference I sold a 2014 Tekna 24kWh for €12k in March 2020, similar mileage to yours. Is it 24 or 30kWh?

Lots of 2017 30kWh Teknas listed by garages around €18k. Depending on the condition of yours I'd be tempted to start at €16k and see how you get on, you're not in a hurry.

Based on my experience, I would put it up on the likes of adverts.ie and just wait for a buyer to come along, don't expect a flood of calls.

Hi
    it is a 30kwh. It's in great condition. No marks/scratches.

I'll take what you said onboard. Thank you

Mate of mine bought a 162 Leaf30 SV for €10.5k last Summer, benching off that in my mind.
    Donedeal currently flooded with that era Leaf, buyers market. I have a 162 and would love if it was worth more but it has to be priced against lowest private sale.
    Dealer currently pricing a 2017 Leaf Acenta (level below yours in terms of trim) at €12.7k.
    Take into account you'd be a private (without warranty) sale and price from there.....

Zenith, you did exceptionally well, well done.

• Advertisement

Zenith74 wrote: »

Lots of 2017 30kWh Teknas listed by garages around €18k.

..and they'll stay there, that's crazy money for that era Leaf.
    Easy to go North and pick up one for £10.5k, no VRT or VAT

..and they'll stay there, that's crazy money for that era Leaf.
    Easy to go North and pick up one for £10.5k, no VRT or VAT

That's probably a better reference point alright. Still, €13k is still not €11k

• Registered Users Posts: 12,066 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Zenith, you did exceptionally well, well done.

+1

Whoever paid €12k for a 2014 L24 got screwed! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,163 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

KCross wrote: »
    +1

If he didn't feel it, it didn't happen :)

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

+1

I just bought a 171 Teckna L30 with 59k up on it for €14,900 off a dealer. If you got 12-13k off a dealer as trade in that would be doing well. Probably sell privately for 13-14k.

• Advertisement

+1

Dealers were listing them at €14k at the time, I chose towards the higher end of private sales due to low mileage and the condition. Had lots of interest at the time.

Looking at what that gets you today does make it seem a bit mad, nobody was screwed at the time though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

TheTorment wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

11k? I was hoping Id get more than that! :(

Not much of a hope to get more of that. Maybe 12k but that’s kinda your max. If a dealer buys it of you, they’d be looking to valet and pimp it a bit to sell for €1500-2000 above their cost...
    When I was looking to switch to an L62 last January I got offered €14500 for my L30 Trina 6.6kw with 85k km on it back then and that was super deal. Ended up trading my L24 Tekna 6.6kw for an eSoul and got €12050 for it which was WoW price for it from a dealer...

• Registered Users Posts: 64,681 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Jofspring wrote: »
    I just bought a 171 Teckna L30 with 59k up on it for €14,900 off a dealer. .

I don't want to p1ss on your parade and hope you have a great ownership experience with your Leaf. But for anyone else looking here - you overpaid. You could have got a same year Ioniq for similar money. A far superior car and still under bumper to bumper manufacturer's warranty for another year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

unkel wrote: »
    I don't want to p1ss on your parade and hope you have a great ownership experience with your Leaf. But for anyone else looking here - you overpaid. You could have got a same year Ioniq for similar money. A far superior car and still under bumper to bumper manufacturer's warranty for another year.

I got offered €4,500 more for my car traded in towards this than any other car and other leafs I was looking at. So while the sticker price may seem higher the price I paid is way lower than what I would have paid for another car. I was also looking at Ioniqs at the time and couldn't find one below €18k. Even a quick search on carzone there has the cheapest Ioniq at €16,450.

Most the leafs I looked at were between 14k and some looking for up to 16k. Privately I could have got it for around 13k but would have been a while trying to sell my own car which didn't suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,681 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Jofspring wrote: »
    I got offered €4,500 more for my car traded in towards this than any other car and other leafs I was looking at.

Ah ok, that changes everything! Looks like you got a good deal after all :)

Advertisement