Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Becky Lynch Megathread - Rumors, opinions etc. (spoilers for most recent shows)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Is it pronounced like Rue, Row (as in row the boat) or Row (as in rhymes with cow)

Rue or roo (rhymes with moo)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd imagine the kids surname will be double barreled.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Roux Lopez Quin.

or

Roux Quin Lopez.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I suppose by celebrity child names Roux is not the worst. As long as the kid is allowed to choose her own path that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I suppose by celebrity child names Roux is not the worst. As long as the kid is allowed to choose her own path that's all that matters.

Yeah, will she choose to be face or heel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,807 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope she is raised as a girl and none of this "so called trendy genderless bs" until she wants to decide for herself when older

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sad to see that Becky lynch’s father has passed away.

Lovely tribute from her to her dad on Instagram.

[URL]
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Given Seth and Becky's recent arrival and the travelling restrictions, that's just extremely cruel and sad.

RIP.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP

She'd be able to travel here from the US, though whether you'd want to with a new born in a pandemic is another issue.

Shame he never got to meet his grandchild in person. Very sad.

How did he pass?

Becky Lynch, who is adored by the WWE Universe and just made her triumphant return to the ring, is going to be positioned as a heel moving forward. According to a new report from PWInsider.com, multiple WWE sources have confirmed that Lynch is now being pushed as the top heel on SmackDown, and she will initially feud with Bianca Belair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Should they want her to be a heel why not have her as a heel at summerslam.

Why not cheat to beat bianca than beating her in 27 seconds clean as a face. Jobbing Bianca out.

No secret Becky winning didn't go down too well. So if this is WWE capitalising on that, why didn't they have the foresight to see the planned finish was a bad idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Wasn't really clean though. She lured her in with a fake handshake and then punched her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I thought she arguably kind of sucker punched Bianca with the pretend handshake. You could play it off as just a "the man stands alone" type of thing if you wanted to but you could argue it was a cheap shot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Even if it was a cheapshot, it was still two pretty basic moves. I can't stand the logic either that Bianca, 'wasn't ready'.

They could have made it a much dirtier heelish win for Becky if they wanted. Grab the tights, use the ropes, whatever.

I think they'll try make her a heel and fail miserably again. Last time they even brought Edge back and had her poke fun at his neck and she still got cheered.

They spent so much time making her the cool heel that people will get behind her no matter what. Regardless people will want to cheer for a returning Becky anyway. It just feels like they're trying to fight against the current here instead of going with the flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

She pinned her clean, didn't cheat as the Pott says above.

Becky won as a face. Celebrated as a face. Wwe doesn't know what they're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

They can just use their cheer/boo button to control the reaction of the WWE Universe anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It would have been so easy for her to turn heel during a proper match, give Bianca the better start then Becky has to cheat to win, is she cheating because she's not good enough post baby?

If they keep her as "The Man" there is no way in hell she is getting booed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just make her really cocky. Don't have her come out saying how the fans suck or anything. But do make out that she's the greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not sure that'd work either. I think if they are insistent on turning her they should start doing it slowly, have her increasingly cheating outright or doing other underhand things to win. Then refuse to acknowledge it if pulled up on it by Kayla or whoever. Duck out of a rematch with Bianca for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think she will get booed, or it'll be mixed at least.

When they tried to make her heel last time, the face was Charlotte who isn't sympathetic. Crowds and the internet like Bianca, so they'll whinge about Super-Becky.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This is literally what her "The Man" gimmick has always been though. The crowd will eat that **** up.

Unless she drastically changes character into some sort of chicken **** heel, the crowd will see no change in her. I don't know if Bianca is a big enough face to counter that. And, worse, I think if they did try to change the character, fans would reject it as they want to cheer Becky. She's one of the biggest, most over faces they've generated in a decade. Trying to change her heel is typically WWE; destined to fail and refusing to engage with what fans actually want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

I was about to say that, she was already the cocky arrogant character, it's what helped her get over.

They literally had her come out and ask the fans if they wanted the match and then gave it to them. That's a pretty face thing to do.

She could have come out and teased a match and then have the crowd turn on her by not giving them it, sure it would have been cheap but still. Even give her an absolute beatdown, anything really.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah, what the WWE want and the fans accept are two different things. Bar them seriously manipulating the live feed with the fake crowd noises (which will be obvious to spot), this is never gonna work.

"Nah" 😁 the crowd didn't care for Bianca

I wonder could we see Becky against Edge in a mixed tag, they had some twitter exchanges before

WrestlingInc

“As we evolve, it’s just inspiring more women to get into it and to see what we can do,” Lynch said. “I don’t want to take full credit for it, but I’ll take full credit for it. Once everybody saw that people can rally around a woman the way that they do and can carry them to the main event, and that we can have the main event at Wrestlemania and sell out arenas like we did, you can see that, ‘oh, OK, she can do it. I can do it.’ That’s not something to take on lightly. That’s something that I take on with pride. It doesn’t scare me because I think I’m the woman for the job.”

Lynch’s goals extend beyond just being the face of WWE’s Women’s Division. One day, she hopes to be just as big a star as one of the biggest stars in wrestling history, The Rock. At the same time, Lynch hopes to do it while leaving her stamp on wrestling.

Advertisement