Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bottles of Bud Light

• 17-04-2020 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Folks,

Any ideas where I can pick up bottles of bud light in Dublin? Can find cans everywhere and anywhere but not bottles.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I think they've pretty much been discontinued in the Irish market, Coors Light bottles have soaked up that corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just buy cans.
    Beer keeps better in cans.
    Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

many who prefer bottles over cans are drinking from the can, so need to pour it into a suitable glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

i could drink a cold bottle of one of those lights ( think miller lite is a tad better )
    but wouldnt be bothered drinking cans of it even to put them into a glass . maybe a cup or earthen ware stein type as to see how pissy yellow it is would be off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Why is it you can get this in the north but not in the south.
    It’s popular in the UK also, I know a lot of people don’t, but i like it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Budweiser was distributed by different firms from different breweries both sides of the border until fairly recently. Diageo from James Gate in ROI, inbev from various UK breweries in NI. It's now C&C both sides of the border and Scotland, brewed in clonme and possibly Wellpark

Specific product offerings and established sales patterns from before that change will be slow to alter. If anything, without Diageo pushing it, conventional Budweiser could fade away.

L1011 wrote: »
    Budweiser was distributed by different firms from different breweries both sides of the border until fairly recently. Diageo from James Gate in ROI, inbev from various UK breweries in NI. It's now C&C both sides of the border and Scotland, brewed in clonme and possibly Wellpark

Specific product offerings and established sales patterns from before that change will be slow to alter. If anything, without Diageo pushing it, conventional Budweiser could fade away.

C&C aren't looking to import it and hardly anyone is looking for it in the shops, in my own experience anyway!.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

C&C would be the ones making it rather than importing it; and I think cans are still being sold - its just the bottles the OP wanted / presumably the bouncing poster wants.

As a niche product that nobody will pay a premium for, its not going to be stocked widely if at all even if made available. Rockshore is probably the closest in terms of 'flavour' and is sold in bottles.

North American lagers come and go here depending on who's trying to push them - Molson Canadian is still in offos but Labatt and Rolling Rock have vanished.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

My understand is that C&C were planning a big relaunch of Budweiser last summer when they took it over and that would have included Bud Light but the whole lockdown killed that so it didn't go any further, when/if the pubs re-open there'll be a push for it but that'll depend on the way things reopen.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

And when the pubs re-open you'll be able to switch up your Irish Bud Light with some English Bud Light at Wetherspoon, just for variety ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

I think Budweiser seems to get an unfair amount of criticism. It's no better or worse than the likes of Coors Light or Rockshore but they don't get anywhere near as much derision. I can't see it returning anytime soon without quite a big marketing push anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,740 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

irish_goat wrote: »
    I think Budweiser seems to get an unfair amount of criticism. It's no better or worse than the likes of Coors Light or Rockshore but they don't get anywhere near as much derision. I can't see it returning anytime soon without quite a big marketing push anyway.

I've always thought this.
    It's also much more distinctive than other macros , despite its reputation for being close to water!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Shed.

Jsmac67 wrote: »
    Folks,

Any ideas where I can pick up bottles of bud light in Dublin? Can find cans everywhere and anywhere but not bottles.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't seen cans for many years now and would love some. Have you come across cans of Bud Light lately?

Bring back the Bud Light, just find it strange that you get it in the north and not in the South. Understand the whole C&C thing, but still No change or indication of it entering the market. He’ll I even tried contacting them but the email address gives a bounce back.

I was over in the states a few years back for work and the guy I was with over there said drinking Bud Light was like making love in a canoe.

You’d hardly believe it, walked into the off-licence this evening to pick up 6 buideals of Coors Light, only to be struck down by a fridge pack of 12*440 ml Bud Light cans.

I’ll be scouring Dublin off licences tomorrow for a six pack of the glass variety!

What a day!

For anyone who didn’t know……It’s back baby!

Sipping on a nice crisp cool bottle of Bud Light !

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭jt69er

Will be available on tap soon.

Good luck to C&C reps trying to convince someone to replace a line for that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Given the sheer number of samey lagers I've seen them fit onto one bar, not a bother.

• Advertisement

They're having trouble keeping Bulmers in enough places at this stage as market leader for draught cider. Finding someone willing to swap over a lager line for a particularly low seller will be nigh on impossible.

Will have to be Tuborg price point and specifically target those with the basis that it's a bigger brand.

That said, if MolsonCoors ever take Coors Light off Heineken Ireland, not all those taps would stay, or convert to whatever Heineken pushes as an alternative (their Heineken Light seems to be gone on draught)

Draught Bulmers biggest competitor's are Bulmers Pint Bottles & Bulmers Cans so draught can be done without.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭Xander10

I use to drink bud as my beer of choice.

Often heard it slagged off as a beer. Was it really worthy of that?

Tempted to go looking for some before the 10 pm curfew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Where are they selling cans of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tesco and Supervalu. Had defo seen the 440ml cans in store and online they are supposed to have 12x300ml bottles.

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/en-IE/products/295704839

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭donaghs

Tesco have cans. Saw them last week. Saw box of 330ml bud light bottles in Molloy’s today.

Never a fan normally, but I remember helping a friend move apartment on a hot humid day in the US years ago, and the chilled Bud Light I had after tasted like the greatest beer ever.

Post edited by donaghs on

Bud Light…….It’s allllllllll right!

Advertisement