Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 28 transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gonna hold off bringing Bale in till after tonight's game, just in case anything happens. Probably for Salah.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Thinking about Lingard to Mount and hitting bb. Playing FH next week so don't want to waste ft.

Martinez
    Dias Pereira Digne Rudiger
    Bruno KDB Gundo Mount
    DCL Kane

Johnstone Watkins Konsa Pereira

Would ye bb here? One thing putting me off is Pep, those 3 started last night, would be very lucky to get 3/3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Thinking about Lingard to Mount and hitting bb. Playing FH next week so don't want to waste ft.

Martinez
    Bruno KDB Gundo Mount
    DCL Kane Watkins

Would ye bb here? One thing putting me off is Pep, those 3 started last night, would be very lucky to get 3/3 again.

You have Watkins twice. Would be surprised if he rested KDB and Dias. Not sure about Gundo.

claw wrote: »
    You have Watkins twice. Would be surprised if he rested KDB and Dias. Not sure about Gundo.

Ah yes edited. Ya agree about KDB and Dias and I guess even if Gundo is benched he's more than capable of coming on and getting something. Might just go for it and get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Xander10 wrote: »
    apart from the finalists, which other 2 teams miss out?

Fulham and Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking at Michael Keane as a potential double up at the back pre-31 wildcard (even better if they get the DGW in 30).

He missed some games before he hit some real good form of late. Anyone know why that was? Is he nailed now? Shanotheslayer is our resident Everton man right?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Martinez
    Bruno KDB Gundo Mount
    DCL Kane

The players on the bench are fine but the worry would be at least 1 of the 3 City not starting and then last week Tuchel didnt play either Rudiger or Mount. If Tuchel did that again then he and Pep would basically trash your BB chip. I own both Rudiger and Mount and am nervous of what will happen this weekend, if either dont start then I'll have to get rid which is frustrating as they looked to be nailed on starters up until last weekend.

edit

Theres a chance those two Villa players have a DGW coming up in 30, if it is announced then the two teams they face in 30 are Fulham and Everton. Provided its announced then bench boosting that weekend would give you six possible starts over four possible starts this weekend. No guarantees that would work out better but just something to bear in mind, Villa v Everton has to get rescheduled at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

CSF wrote: »
    Looking at Michael Keane as a potential double up at the back pre-31 wildcard (even better if they get the DGW in 30).

He missed some games before he hit some real good form of late. Anyone know why that was? Is he nailed now? Shanotheslayer is our resident Everton man right?

Small chance of rotation now mina is back. Coleman is also fit now so you have Keane, mina, Godfrey, Holgate all battling for two spots. Keane and Godfrey would be my first choice but ancelloti likes to rotate.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Small chance of rotation now mina is back. Coleman is also fit now so you have Keane, mina, Godfrey, Holgate all battling for two spots. Keane and Godfrey would be my first choice but ancelloti likes to rotate.

So at 5.1 or below who would you say is the most nailed to play 3 games in 28 and 30 if Everton had a hypothetical DGW

So at 5.1 or below who would you say is the most nailed to play 3 games in 28 and 30 if Everton had a hypothetical DGW

Keane, Godfrey, Mina, Holgate in that order for me. Godfrey has played the full 90 in 17/18 last games but Keane offers a goal threat.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Keane, Godfrey, Mina, Holgate in that order for me. Godfrey has played the full 90 in 17/18 last games but Keane offers a goal threat.

So essentially you’re saying that Godfrey is more nailed but Keane has the more upside which makes the slight risk worth it?

So essentially you’re saying that Godfrey is more nailed but Keane has the more upside which makes the slight risk worth it?

Yep I'd go with Keane if I was picking one.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The players on the bench are fine but the worry would be at least 1 of the 3 City not starting and then last week Tuchel didnt play either Rudiger or Mount. If Tuchel did that again then he and Pep would basically trash your BB chip. I own both Rudiger and Mount and am nervous of what will happen this weekend, if either dont start then I'll have to get rid which is frustrating as they looked to be nailed on starters up until last weekend.

edit

Theres a chance those two Villa players have a DGW coming up in 30, if it is announced then the two teams they face in 30 are Fulham and Everton. Provided its announced then bench boosting that weekend would give you six possible starts over four possible starts this weekend. No guarantees that would work out better but just something to bear in mind, Villa v Everton has to get rescheduled at some stage.

Yeah good points thanks. One of things pushing me to do it is that the WBA fixtures turn after Palace for Johnstone and Pereira. But I can just can get rid of Pereira down the line I guess or even this week and keep Lingard. Just re: Mount, he's suspended for the CL game so would be shocked if he didn't start vs Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah good points thanks. One of things pushing me to do it is that the WBA fixtures turn after Palace for Johnstone and Pereira. But I can just can get rid of Pereira down the line I guess or even this week and keep Lingard. Just re: Mount, he's suspended for the CL game so would be shocked if he didn't start vs Leeds.

Yeah Mount will definitely start for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Didnt know that about Mount, some good news and especially a fixture v Leeds where there will be lots of space in behind.

Still trying to decide whether to do Gundogan to Jota, my heart says yes but the head says leave it be for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Didnt know that about Mount, some good news and especially a fixture v Leeds where there will be lots of space in behind.

Still trying to decide whether to do Gundogan to Jota, my heart says yes but the head says leave it be for a week

I'm wildcarding in 30 and Jota is certainly tempting BUT want to see if he gets back some form so I'd agree on waiting. I'll definitely be getting rid of Gundogan now that KDB is back. Salah to KDB and Gungogan to ???. I suspect they'll be the two moves in the wildcard that make or break my season. That assumes Kane recovers. Him limping off tonight was concerning no matter what Jose says. He is the only striker worth having at the moment and if he is out then the whole wildcard pick changes as I may as well go for Bamford/Antonio and spent the cash in the midfield & defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

WILDCARD WEEK
    completely shook up my DEF and GK
    and brought in Foden

Any suggestions on other changes I could make?

With 0.5mill ITB
    Fabianski McGill
    Chillwell Stones AWB Shaw Dunne
    Gundogan Foden Fernandez Son Ward-Prowse
    Bamford Vardy Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Fell off the wagon with work and hadnt checked in here for a while. Had another decent week in the end last week and have a lot to build on. I have brought cresswell back in, most reliable man of the year, for cancelo.

I will get rid of Salah for a -4 today before the deadline, most likely for Son. Will leave me in a position to take another -4 and have 10 players for 29. Will have plenty in the bank to decide what to do, triple up on spurs or bring grealish back for it which would leave me an easy way to KDB in 30/31.

I'd love to get KDB now but the BGW is stopping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Salah to Bale was done last night. Unless there's something out the blue I won't take any hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭onrail

Sell KDB or Salah for Bruno. That is the question.

Based on form alone, you'd obvs give Salah the boot, but KDB is a fairly big rotation risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Salah to Son for probably my most obvious transfer of the season.

Been loyal to Mo for waaaaaaay too long now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭eggy81

Any chance vardy hits form this weekend. Or is iheanacho the better shout at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

onrail wrote: »

Based on form alone, you'd obvs give Salah the boot, but KDB is a fairly big rotation risk.

I would love to own KDB.

Sell Salah. KDB had a long rest now and is likely gonna play every game till end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

onrail wrote: »

What are ya basing that on?
    As I see it he's started 21 of 21 games he's been fit for this season, and only been subbed off in 3 of those (all on 70mns or later).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Deadline is today don't forget
    I've gone for Bale as well, trying to set my team up for the skinny gameweek

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Selling the favourite for player of the year playing the runaway leaders, before a fixture against a team in the relegation zone.
    For a player just coming back from injury whos team has lost 6 of the last 7.

I'm not doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭onrail

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What are ya basing that on?
    As I see it he's started 21 of 21 games he's been fit for this season, and only been subbed off in 3 of those (all on 70mns or later).

Basing it on Pep being Pep, and the Champions League being a factor at this stage.

Feel like I want to give Mo one final chance, but tbf I've been saying that for the last 4 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Mount in for Lingard a good transfer? Mount has some brilliant fixtures after blank GW. takes corners (Leeds are particularly suspect at corners).

Issue is I ll be left with 7 players for next GW with 1 free transfer.

Would play Mount instead of Cancelo (already have Dias playing)

Mount in for Lingard a good transfer? Mount has some brilliant fixtures after blank GW. takes corners (Leeds are particularly suspect at corners).

Issue is I ll be left with 7 players for next GW with 1 free transfer.

Would play Mount instead of Cancelo (already have Dias playing)
    Taking out players with a game next week for players who don’t doesn’t seem great unless you’re FHing next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭bantee

Next week is really preventing me getting players for this GW that have great fixtures, currently have 8 for next week so will probably bank and do 2 or 3 transfers next week.

Advertisement