Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (The Byrne Supremacy)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

bayern wrote: »
    Dunne missed out on starts last season due to covid, same with Dan Sheehan IMO.

Shame Charlie Ryan is injured, he'd might have gotten a cap off the bench in this.

Absolutely.

Given Sheehan was promoted to the seniors without actually getting a Senior appearance I think it's a safe assumption they were hoping to get him decent game time at the tail end of last season if it progressed normally

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Can anyone provide any info on SOB v348765438.0, Hanan or Corkery? Tbh, have not heard of them. Obviously good enough to make a 23 at this stage but any real prospects there?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SuperCet

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: The Henshawshank Redemption

Suggested before?

Was gonna suggest the "47 cRonin" but Sean is only on 42 tries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Can anyone provide any info on SOB v348765438.0, Hanan or Corkery? Tbh, have not heard of them. Obviously good enough to make a 23 at this stage but any real prospects there?

Sob another blackrock 8 who's coming through in a line of jordi, timmoney, Dorris

Corkery a young 10 from kilkenny. (Tector is another 10 coming up close behind)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Must love hardship

I think all 3 were on the Irish u 20 6 nations Team last year. With o'brien playing 6 & 7 and Hanan starting loosehead. Won 3 from 3 and then it was shut down.
    Corkery was behind Jack Crawley so didn't see a lot of game time but is underage again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

SOB is a decent prospect, has really good handling skills and seems to be focusing on openside at the moment. Little bit on the shorter side similar to Penney, listed at 6 foot. Back row is ultra competitive as always so time will tell if he'll break through but he's only Year 1 academy so plenty of time, and I'm sure he'll get a fair few opportunities.

Corkery was behind Crowley for the Irish U20s so it's a bit harder to gauge how he'll go, he played well for UCD in the senior cup last year and his A game performances have been solid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭bayern

SOB is a decent prospect, has really good handling skills and seems to be focusing on openside at the moment. Little bit on the shorter side similar to Penney, listed at 6 foot. Back row is ultra competitive as always so time will tell if he'll break through but he's only Year 1 academy so plenty of time, and I'm sure he'll get a fair few opportunities.

Corkery was behind Crowley for the Irish U20s so it's a bit harder to gauge how he'll go, he played well for UCD in the senior cup last year and his A game performances have been solid enough.

That listing is wrong SOB is 6'3 at least.

info on Corkery
    Tim Corkery is rom Kilkenny RFC, he was starting outhalf of very talented u18 club side in 2018, but didn't make an irish u18 sides that season. He failed to make the Leinster u19 summer training squad after initial selection but was brought in as an alternative after injury ruled out an outhalf, he went on to be the starting outhalf for the leinster 19's in the interpros over highly rated schools outhalves, one of whom played for ireland u18. He played minor hurling for Kilkenny and went to St. Kierans College. He played towns cup for Kilkenny while still in school, starting at scrumhalf for the club before moving to UCD where he is currently on scholarship, having started games for them at 10 and 12.

He earned a sub-academy place after his time with the 19's and a Leinster 'A' appearance while still only 18, He made last season irish 20's a year young and was the bench outhalf in the three games they played. He faces strong competition for this seasons 20's 10 jersey but he would have to be favourite for it now. Finally he is very young for his age grade, not turning 20 until December.

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Sob another blackrock 8 who's coming through in a line of jordi, timmoney, Dorris

Corkery a young 10 from kilkenny. (Tector is another 10 coming up close behind)

SOB never actually played 8 for Blackrock at SCT level.

Tector went to KK college, but is actually from Enniscorthy. Future academy 10.

Corkery is the starting 10 in this highlight package, Jamie Osborne the starting 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

sullivlo wrote: »
    Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: The Frank Murphy Appreciation Society

;)
    Venjur wrote: »
    Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII Too good for the Pro 14

Gotta be one of these really...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII - Ring-a-ring-a-Ringrose

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: When are we getting a draft system for Leinster backrows?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

That announced team is very green and raw! But, it's great to see. I think Zebre will push them a bit and it will stand to them. Having HB back is timely. I hope we win easy so Corkery gets his feet wet. O'Brien on the bench is grand also as he was a standout last year.
    This time of year is honestly fantastic. Lots of new blood introduced. Having R.O.L and DK is brilliant too as the experienced lads offer leadership. Some of the players have really filled in brilliantly. I think Dooley, Kelleher and R.O.L have been the business. They have really stepped up.
    A Penney for your thoughts. New Leinster thread moniker!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭thegreycity

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: Unprecedented Tries

• Registered Users Posts: 11,162 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: The Byrne Supremacy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Leinster teamtalk/gossip/rumours (titles still welcome)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII (Byrne after reading)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: Buer rates Jackman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: Lowe lies waste to the Fields of Athenry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

bayern wrote: »
    Tim Corkery(Kilkenny RFC) sub academy outhalf on bench.

arsebiscuits will be saying the selectors have been taking psychedelic mushrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

arsebiscuits will be saying the selectors have been taking psychedelic mushrooms.

If Frawley, Hawkshaw or any other backs were fit I absolutely would Rich ha.

We're in needs must territory with our 7th choice 10 on the bench.

Delighted to see a young player get a chance and I hope he 1) gets on and 2) grabs the opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: What Type Of Toner Never Runs Low?
    Yeah, I stole it!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭PMC83

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: I want to Beleavy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

degsie wrote: »
    Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: What Type Of Toner Never Runs Low?
    Yeah, I stole it!:o

Gets my vote ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: "The St Michael's Senior Squad"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭theVersatile

Leinster Team Thread: If you smell what Blackrock is cooking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

Lots of talk of Devin Toner, glad he seems to be signed on for another year.

I know it's not part of his role, but for fun, is there anyone with a worse try scoring record for Leinster?

Between October 2011 and September 2012 he had a prolific period of 3 tries in 31 games but then had to wait at least 8,326 minutes (138 hours, the guts of 6 entire days, standing on a rugby pitch waiting to get over that white line) until his last try in May 2018 (the opening try in the Pro14 final vs Scarlets).

That's a total of 4 tries in 259 appearances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Serbian wrote: »

I know it's not part of his role, but for fun, is there anyone with a worse try scoring record for Leinster?

Between October 2011 and September 2012 he had a prolific period of 3 tries in 31 games but then had to wait at least 8,326 minutes (138 hours, the guts of 6 entire days, standing on a rugby pitch waiting to get over that white line) until his last try in May 2018 (the opening try in the Pro14 final vs Scarlets).

Without doing much research Mike Ross must be pretty bad too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Serbian wrote: »

It doesnt matter what anyone says....Toner as a young pup still nailed Chabal in the RDS once.....anything before or after is irrelvant

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭sebdavis

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XII: One more Toner

:-)

Advertisement