Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards AC Playlist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

py wrote: »
    I am a big fan of podcasts. I mix it up with regards to genre or I get burnt out listening to the same thing over and over. Some of them have dropped off due to the pandemic. Here's my go to right now:

Sport
    Athletes Unfiltered - Strava Podcast - Pocast interviewing strava athletes of all levels
    The Coaching Bubble - Run by Irish Camogie association. Interviews with coaches from a variety of sports and levels. Well worth the listen if you are involved in coaching in any sport at any level.
    F1: Beyond The Grid - Weekly interviews during F1 season with people involved in F1. Some great interviews in here if you've an interest in motorsport.
    The Fit File - DC Rainmaker and GPlama discuss sports tech. Has died off a little due to covid, hopefully gets back up and running soon.
    Free Weekly Timed - Weekly parkrun podcast.
    From The Top - Interviews with founders within the cycling community.
    The Long Shot - New podcast dicussing people who were the "long shot" but made it. Very basketball/US centric.
    The Lowe Post - NBA podcast.
    Marathon Talk - Love MT. Sad to see Tony and Tom depart before the new year but Holly and Martin are rocking it so far.
    The Old Man and the Three - NBA podcast with some episodes on leadership thrown in.
    Stephen Scullion's Road to Tokyo 2020 - Scully keeps it real. Always listen to his episodes first if I've unread to work through.
    Trail Runner Nation - Good trail running podcast. Content a little repetitive atm due to covid. Usually great when races are on.
    TRAINED by Nike - Interviews with Nike athletes/coaches. Some good stuff in here.

Tech Related
    AWS Podcast - All things AWS.
    Breadcrumbs by Trace Labs - New podcast which discusses osint.
    The Cloud Pod - Public cloud related podcast. Use this to keep up to date for work.
    Command Line Heroes - Good podcast on learning the history of tech, whether it be well known history or otherwise.
    Darknet Diaries - One of my favourites. The host is a great story teller and it works for non tech people too.
    The Social Engineer Podcast - Name says it all.

Investigative
    Where is George Gibney? - Good podcast series. Some parts are tough listening to.
    The Missing Cryptoqueen - Good series but I'd check out the other ones in the list before getting to this.
    The Nobody Zone
    Serial - Only worked through S1 (reviewing a convicted killer's case) at the moment but very good thus far.
    The Teacher's Pet - Prominent Aussie rugby league star marries a former pupil, she goes missing. This podcast reviews the case decades later.
    The Edge: Houston Astros - Not a baseball fan but this was interesting insight in to how Houston "won" their championship a few years ago.

Misc - Unsure how to categorize some of these (and it's late so I want to zzz)
    180 Degrees - Podcast from SEAI. Very informative renewable energies podcast.
    Bonkers.ie - Some good episodes from the price comparison website.
    Dadcast - Misadventures in Parenting - Funny for parents. From the Off the Ball folks.
    Decoder Ring - from description... is a show about cracking cultural mysteries.
    Every Little Thing - Pure random topics. Short episodes make it easy to digest.
    How to Save a Planet - Climate change podcast. I find it very informative
    Real Health with Karl Henry - I'm 50/50 on this but keep subscribed. Even the positivity during it can be good right now.
    Science VS - Start with "Hunting an Invisible Killer", it'll give you an idea of what the series is like.

Music is good too...

Edit: a lot of links, hopefully all are correct and working. I'll check again in the morning.

Here's a few that could replace Karl Henry, certainly better qualified to discuss health and wellbeing!
    https://thefoodmedic.co.uk/the-podcast/
    https://drchatterjee.com/blog/category/podcast/
    https://thedoctorskitchen.com/podcasts

I'm not sure about listening to investigative podcasts, would have thought that subject is better being watched but might give it a try. Thanks too for the F1 link, I have no 'live' TV stations so missed most of the 2020 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

Some other favourites while I'm out on the mean streets of South Dublin:

Rain on Me - Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande
    Vossi Bop - Stormzy
    Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa
    Juice - Lizzo
    Truth Hurts - Lizzo
    Feisty - Saarloos
    My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
    One Tree Hill - Coronas version...
    Always - Erasure
    Cruel Summer - Taylor Swift
    Silent Place - Jiggy
    The Wire - Haim

14 hours worth... how badly were you expecting the day to go :pac:

ReeReeG wrote: »

Titled 'Never Give Up' sure how could it go wrong with that attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Haha in fairness I had also been told to put 20euro in my pocket incase I needed to get a taxi back :eek:
    At this stage I think it's just a playlist I throw everything in:pac:

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

I most certainly underestimated the quantity & quality of response to this thread! Original plan of 'throwing a playlist together on Spotify' has been washed away by 16hr playlist suggestions and a veritable tsunami of Dance, Pop, Synth, Rap and every other genre one could think of.

So If I could make a new request of our musical Boardsies; If you could contribute just ONE SONG to a prospective Boards AC Running Playlist, what would it be?

Keep all the playlists and other suggestions flowing too, but if people can bring themselves to place one song above all others from their Spotify/iTunes/CDs/Cassettes/Vinyl/Mini-Disc (I know I wasn't the only one who really went all in on Mini-Discs :D) collections, that would be great.

healy1835 wrote: »
    I most certainly underestimated the quantity & quality of response to this thread! Original plan of 'throwing a playlist together on Spotify' has been washed away by 16hr playlist suggestions and a veritable tsunami of Dance, Pop, Synth, Rap and every other genre one could think of.

So If I could make a new request of our musical Boardsies; If you could contribute just ONE SONG to a prospective Boards AC Running Playlist, what would it be?

Keep all the playlists and other suggestions flowing too, but if people can bring themselves to place one song above all others from their Spotify/iTunes/CDs/Cassettes/Vinyl/Mini-Disc (I know I wasn't the only one who really went all in on Mini-Discs :D) collections, that would be great.

Mini discs :D yep. For some reason this thread reminded me of the old radio/tape recorder I had as a teenager (must be TBL's playlist!). I remember pressing record when a song came on and hoping the DJ wouldn't talk over it or cut it short, so many mixed tapes made on that trusty recorder!

What about a top 5 for each of us instead of just one song??!!!

That's like asking me to pick my favorite child:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

One song....,predictably enough for me it would be Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads. It has to be the live version from the Stop Making Sense album recorded in Los Angeles in '83. https://youtu.be/TGofoH9RDEA Not only was it a stunning concert and an amazing performance but it's a reminder of the weekly Friday pilgrimage made to the Ambassador Cinema to see it. :)

• Advertisement

Who is......?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭ariana`

Mini discs :D yep. For some reason this thread reminded me of the old radio/tape recorder I had as a teenager (must be TBL's playlist!). I remember pressing record when a song came on and hoping the DJ wouldn't talk over it or cut it short, so many mixed tapes made on that trusty recorder!

What about a top 5 for each of us instead of just one song??!!!

I remember doing this too, gosh yes, and taping films as well and praying the video tape wouldn't run out 10 mins before the end of the movie :pac:

Who is......?

I tolerate them all equally:D

ariana` wrote: »
    I remember doing this too, gosh yes, and taping films as well and praying the video tape wouldn't run out 10 mins before the end of the movie :pac:

Or that someone wouldn't record over it:eek:
    My dad was sick of picking up tapes that had DO NOT RECORD OVER wrote in thick black marker:P

My own addition to the Playlist will be Apply Some Pressure by Maximo Park.
    My favourite band who I've seen more times than I can remember. They almost broke through to a bigger audience with this song in the mid noughties but it wasn't to be. They're still on the go though and still releasing quality stuff. This song cannot fail to up the pace when on the road :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

After 2 months homeschooling I'd have no problem picking my favourite!

Ok, if I have to pick one it'll be I'm not afraid, Eminem

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Last time I looked at this thread it was on Page 2 :pac:

I don't really listen to music while running, but here's a few that I like to help get the blood pumping that I don't think have been mentioned here....

QOTSA - Go With The Flow
    Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
    Prodigy - Full Throttle
    Tin Tin Out - Strings for Yasmin
    Eminem - Till I Collapse

As I type I'm listening to 2manyDJs - This Is Belgium (Part 1) ...loads of others I could list here mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

skyblue46 wrote: »
    One song....,predictably enough for me it would be Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads. It has to be the live version from the Stop Making Sense album recorded in Los Angeles in '83. Not only was it a stunning concert and an amazing performance but it's a reminder of the weekly Friday pilgrimage made to the Ambassador Cinema to see it. :)

Only time I’ve seen sober people dancing in a cinema :)

Psycho Killer!

TbL

Alan Parsons Project - Sirius

They play that tune on the start line of Berlin as they're counting down. Always gives me goosebumps when I hear it. Hopefully I'll be hearing it over there again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

One song from me ->Jennifer Lopez Lets Get Loud :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

My kinda playlist that :D

One song..??!! :eek:

My #1 favourite song
    Billie Jean: Michael Jackson

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

My kinda playlist that :D

One song..??!! :eek:

My #1 favourite song
    Billie Jean: Michael Jackson

Billie Jean!!!

How do I unfollow someone so uncool :)

TbL

Billie Jean!!!

How do I unfollow someone so uncool :)

TbL

I'm all kinds of uncool :D;) Even Evidence from B that I'm not in the cool club :(

Currently listening to Cryin' at the Discoteque on LFs Kick Ass Tunes playlist that I've added to my Library :D Thanks LF!

:D:D Brilliant!

Here's a playlist I threw together for a pre-Kildare match BBQ I had a couple of summers back. Sun was shining, beers were flying, Championship was kicking into gear (for the better teams anyway, we got beaten by Tyrone that evening now that I think back :rolleyes: ).....hopefully it's not too long before those evenings are back.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0svTGeUxGiWK1ILF6fBZz4?si=TPEJYK69SNWNs-epwN1JQw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

cheating here a little but..

1 song for;

Racing - "Don't go back to Dalston" by The Editors, specifically the chorus as I am rarely in the lead..

Running - "I feel love" by Donna Summer [studio version] as it's just a magnificent tune as you are jogging free above the city on Ticknock.

I rarely use earphones so have to sing to myself :)

I'm all kinds of uncool :D;) Even Evidence from B that I'm not in the cool club :(

Currently listening to Cryin' at the Discoteque on LFs Kick Ass Tunes playlist that I've added to my Library :D Thanks LF!

Some good tunes on that list that take me back to many a night in the various clubs I frequented & my trips to Scotland - Gigi D'Agostino La Passion being top of that list:D

Ok if I am limited to one song... I'll have to pick Kelly Clarkson's My Life Would Suck Without You. Probably most consistent choice across all my playlists. And she's just cool.

• Advertisement

That's a very cool choice IMO, don't listen to the cranky old lemon :D

Fantastic list, without playing any of them my hands automatically went up in the air :D. More for stealing later.

Encore En Fois!!!!
    King of my Castle (best/worst lyric in this song!)
    Bellisima

This thread will replace Block Rockin Beats on Friday evening :)

Advertisement