Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for Gigablue UE or QUAD users!

• 10-03-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭

Question for any Gigablue QUAD or UE owners - can you use an external usb dvb-t (Sony PlayTV) dongle to provide extra dvb-t tuners?

Am considering upgrading to a QUAD or UE with an extra DVB-S2X module in the optional PNP slot. Still need access to dvb-t tuners, hence the questions.

Think I saw a comment on WOS forums saying there is a problem, but cannot find it again. Maybe something to do with the FBC tuner module.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭b318isp

I'm not aware that you can, some drivers may be needed but may not be available.

However, if you use a FBC LNB to to get multiple satellite feeds on one input, you can put the twin T2 tuner in. This is what I've done.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

b318isp wrote: »
    I'm not aware that you can, some drivers may be needed but may not be available.

However, if you use a FBC LNB to to get multiple satellite feeds on one input, you can put the twin T2 tuner in. This is what I've done.

Currently have 2 boxes, but due to recent power issues, the sat tuners are gone in one, and some odd damage to lnbs and disecq switch, so was looking around at options. Also have multi sats as well.
    Was considering a 1 box solution, hence using the 2nd slot for a S2 tuner, and looking at usb tuner for dvb-t.
    Was just hoping some owner might have tried a usb tuner.

Will keep looking at options

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

Drivers you need I think are listed as dvb-usb-dib0700, used to be available in plugins > downloads > drivers, not sure if they are still available on Openvix.

stanley1 wrote: »
    Drivers you need I think are listed as dvb-usb-dib0700, used to be available in plugins > downloads > drivers, not sure if they are still available on Openvix.

Yep, understand that, and currently use them on my xtrend boxes - however never thought that they could be removed from the feeds...

Have found similar questions asked about using usb tuners with gigablue boxes, but most are unanswered. It seems the drivers can be installed, and the tuners recognized, but will not tune anything.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, will put the thinking cap back on!

So, got some info over on WOS.
    Seems USB tuners do NOT work on this box - they are recognised, drivers install okay, can be configured okay, but will not tune anything!
    Reports of HDF image working - will try if I get this box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've a Gigablue UE UHD 4K. The onboard DVB-T is all I need, although I have in the past had a USB tuner plugged in to see if it worked (it did). It was the Xbox one.

On the two sat tuners, I've got one connected to a Unicable LNB for the UK stuff (works brilliantly), then the second is connected to a multisat dish.

JDxtra wrote: »
    I've a Gigablue UE UHD 4K. The onboard DVB-T is all I need, although I have in the past had a USB tuner plugged in to see if it worked (it did). It was the Xbox one.

On the two sat tuners, I've got one connected to a Unicable LNB for the UK stuff (works brilliantly), then the second is connected to a multisat dish.

Was originally going for the same until I realised that the FBC tuners were not multistream! Would like to use FBC, but am also looking to get back the french premium channels for the summer - currently fta on 5W, but they require a multistream tuner, hence the requirement to fit a 2nd DVB-S2X tuner instead of a DVB-T one!
    Cannot use the tntsat card anymore with xxcam, and not interested in getting a tntsat only stb.
    Think I will end up buying 2 boxes and use the fallback tuner option to share the tuners between each.
    Setup is restricted because I have 2 pairs of cables going from dish to 2 tv locations in house, no means of adding extra from dish, and also no means of adding extra between each location. Dish is mounted on a 2m pole in garden away from house, and no real means of getting power to it so cannot use a multiswitch either to share lnbs.

Advertisement