Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's your side hustle?

Options
  • 09-03-2021 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Does anyone here have a "side hustle" that they do in their spare time as a little extra earning? If so, what is it, and how did you get started?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vologda69

I look after an Airbnb house for a person based in the UK. They manage the guests, I just make sure the house is clean. My dad used to look after the garden. When he retired he was asked to recommend someone to do everything. So frontline medics staying there at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nothing and happy out with it. Gary Vee is a dose :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

nice try mr revenue nice try!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I like to dabble in human trafficking, gun-running and pharmaceutical distribution. It fits in nicely with my down time while being an IT manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭DaveCliftonAP

D3V!L wrote: »
    I like to dabble in human trafficking, gun-running and pharmaceutical distribution. It fits in nicely with my down time while being an IT manager.

Sure when it's a hobby it hardly feels like work at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

My side hustle is my farm that I have to manage in my spare time as it needs me to have a full time job to keep it afloat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hermes Trismegistus

Nothing at the moment, not even employed right now however I'm thinking of looking into Deliveroo and Uber Eats as I have a bike and a phone and Deliveroo will send you out a free kit including a bag so why not - at least until something better comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

I run a business consultancy looking after marketing, sales, customer service on kickstarter for a company and have been looking into providing interview training to people but obviously Covid has placed a dampener on that. All above board with Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

I'm trying to create a tech company but it's very difficult doing it with a full-time job, kids, and travel commitments. I almost feel I need to quit my job. Scary though...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭xElDeeX

PeterPan92 wrote: »
    Does anyone here have a "side hustle" that they do in their spare time as a little extra earning? If so, what is it, and how did you get started?

My eldest is doing a bit of proofreading/copyediting on upwork and tbh I'm half considering it myself. I basically review docs for a living but will have to work outside my area to avoid conflict of interest. Just looking for a few bob extra for a house purchase without having to take something too formal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

I have a pension and a part time job and I am as happy as Larry. Kids reared and enough to get by so I have to be grateful as my health is OK.

My sidehustle is designing and building Microsoft Access Databases 2016 and Up - Packaged and Certified by Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

krissovo wrote: »
    My side hustle is my farm that I have to manage in my spare time as it needs me to have a full time job to keep it afloat.

Seems to be very common nowadays. You must love the farming to put in all the effort to lose money. Is it a family farm that you want to keep going?

Advertisement