Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Meghan - OP updated with Threadbanned Users 4/5/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

BanditLuke wrote: »
    I'd say that Meghan one is an awful lot of work tbh.

Hardly as much work as harbouring and defending that big dirty pedo Andrew who is still dodging the fbi with full backing of that gross inbreeding family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Hurrache wrote: »
    Some people are idiots all the same reading their hot insights into what's really going on, on this thread and elsewhere. Either that or they're just regurgitating what they read in the British rags.

Great to see you taken the high ground and believing all that was in the well scripted interview, seems to be a lot of idiots on both sides .... that's all I have say 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 32,924 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Haven't watched it, and won't but heard it discussed a few times today on Irish radio.

Are we meant to feel sorry for this couple? Who just bought a house for 11.5 million and who have signed a Netflix deal for a reported 100 million. And who only recently said they wanted to get away from the limelight.

They can feck off.
    And anyone who believes in the concept of a royal family can feck off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It’ll be interesting to see how and when the royal family respond. I think how that happens and how the British public respond is the key. I mean at the end of the day it’s not relevant how much they are liked in say Ireland or America, it’s how the British public view them. It’s the reason they along with all the other royal families in Europe are still around, because they have public support. It’s how many royal families feel in the first half of the 20th century. It’s just my opinion that the fact that William and Kate are on the horizon that may have people stick with them. Maybe I’m wrong but they seem to be the hope for that royal family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

sligeach wrote: »
    Why the F is this manure on Irish TV?

I don't watch, listen or click on anything RTE related so I'm easily dodging this tonight

Do we know how much of our money they paid for the rights to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Their biggest mistake was dragging the archbishop of canterbury into it

He only answers to two people

herself and god

Yeah rookie move there to involve the Archbishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,245 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I wonder was she asked about the bullying allegations made by staff.

He probably isn't Hewitts but its not hard to see how people might think he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The "royal" family are dirt. The whole thing about them is a disgrace. They're no better than reality TV trash. And Oprah Winfrey is another piece of lowlife crap. She's a backstabbing snake. Why the F is this manure on Irish TV?

Who's she backstabbing?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Why are RTE paying for this crap?

This is firmly Virgin media territory! Instead we've got the tax payer funded RTE playing it.

Absurd organisation

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Be right back

I wonder was she asked about the bullying allegations made by staff.

He probably isn't Hewitts but its not hard to see how people might think he is.

I think the allegations came out after the interview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Great to see you taken the high ground

Thanks. It's not always easy but I make the effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

The "royal" family are dirt. The whole thing about them is a disgrace. They're no better than reality TV trash. And Oprah Winfrey is another piece of lowlife crap. She's a backstabbing snake. Why the F is this manure on Irish TV?

Why wouldn't it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There's something slightly grotesque about a pair of multi millionaires fishing for sympathy during the current climate

Their biggest mistake was dragging the archbishop of canterbury into it

He only answers to two people

herself and god

A lad in a frock that carries around a big shaft. A big mistake indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Chawosfski

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It’ll be interesting to see how and when the royal family respond. I think how that happens and how the British public respond is the key. I mean at the end of the day it’s not relevant how much they are liked in say Ireland or America, it’s how the British public view them. It’s the reason they along with all the other royal families in Europe are still around, because they have public support. It’s how many royal families feel in the first half of the 20th century. It’s just my opinion that the fact that William and Kate are on the horizon that may have people stick with them. Maybe I’m wrong but they seem to be the hope for that royal family.

Not sure will they respond to much, they won't want to fuel it

They'll surely be treading carefully after the diana and Andrew mishaps

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

lawred2 wrote: »

This is firmly Virgin media territory! Instead we've got the tax payer funded RTE playing it.

Absurd organisation

It will probably be the highest non Covid programme viewership of the last 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭greenpilot

Yeah rookie move there to involve the Archbishop.

Checkmate. I got that!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It will probably be the highest non Covid programme viewership of the last 12 months

It won't

But then you never know, many Irish people have a weird thing for British royals

Neither here nor there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,941 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If that's true, it won't say much for Irish people, or just people in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I was driving today and it was all over the radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭screamer

So who’s watching? Find it strange her there alone talking to old Oprah. And that Howard intonation at the end of every sentence.. like this one time in band camp...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I never thought I’d be interested in the royal British family but I am actually curious to see what happens in the next chapter: will they appease the long standing supporters with drastic and symbolic action?or focus on modern Britain with its multitude of cultural identities? Where do you achieve maximum impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

It's 2021, go away with your anti british ****e. Go back to the 70s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

What’s she on about?Do Peter Philips,Zara Philips or Princess Eugenies kids have titles?not last time I checked
    When Chas becomes king,he can decide of his grandson gets a title...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

A family who commit genocide throughout the centuries being accused of racism among other things.

I am shocked!

jojofizzio wrote: »
    What’s she on about?Do Peter Philips,Zara Philips or Princess Eugenies kids have titles?not last time I checked

The grandchildren of the Queen/King automatically get Prince or Princess. They wanted to change that while she was pregnant so it wouldn't happen when the Queen pops her clogs and Charles takes over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭Be right back

jojofizzio wrote: »

They don't, I don't think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭buried

lawred2 wrote: »

Absurd organisation

Like it or not, and I don't like it at all, The British Royal family, just like every single monarchy based in Europe is descended from The Frederick's of Prussia from the 17th Century on-wards, the apex of total psychopathy. The likes of this trash are a small but albeit a large window into that psychopathy. Watch this grick for the right ways and you can get some value out of it, because, as you've said, we are paying for it.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I do a lot of googling when I’m going to buy a cheap car

Did she not bother spending her time having a look at her future family?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,941 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I was driving today and it was all over the radio

The "Irish" media aren't great either, especially RTE. That organisation needs a right kick in the ******.

Advertisement