Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Signal

• 08-03-2021 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭

Anyone having picture breakup on all Sky Channels I have full strength signal strength but there is the odd break up. Weather is ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Yes, same just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 brenoneill1

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Anyone having picture breakup on all Sky Channels I have full strength signal strength but there is the odd break up. Weather is ok

Really bad picture breakup on both RTE channels, the rest seem okay. Did someone at RTE forget to put a penny in the meter?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It was on Sky news for a few minutes for me but RTE 1 and 2 are the worst now

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There was supposed to be Sahara dust coming here the last few days, perhaps that's causing it?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ireland-weather-saharan-dust-explained-23609689.amp

RTE 2 really breaking up again tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Damien360

Sky Q box. Just RTE2 HD is breaking up. All other HD channels unaffected including RTE1. Checked RTE2 SD and that’s working without issues.

I’m guessing everyone here is on Sky Q box also?

Damien360 wrote: »
    Sky Q box. Just RTE2 HD is breaking up. All other HD channels unaffected including RTE1. Checked RTE2 SD and that’s working without issues.

Sky HD for me picture is perfect on Saorview but crap on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Damien360 wrote: »

Here's a handy shortcut: Technical fault only on RTE: fault is with RTE.

It's not a box problem or a reception problem, it's an RTE are incompetent problem.

As it's not on other sources it'll be something wrong with the feed from RTE to the satellite uplink provider.

Advertisement