Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Switching between tuners on Panasonic android tv.

Options
  • 02-03-2021 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi ,
    I've just bought a Panasonic hx700 series android tv.
    It has terrestrial and satellite tuners, all good.
    However it is very cumbersome to switch between the terrestrial and satellite tuners e.g. to switch from RTE1 to BBC1 you need to go into the settings and switch from one tuner to the other.
    This takes around 6 or 7 button presses.
    Does anyone know of any shortcuts that can be created on the remote control (I can do this on a LG tv we have in another room) or on the home screen.
    Maybe there an android app I can use to merge both feeds into one channel list?
    I have searched for an app but there are so many available it is difficult to find which ones are useful so I'm hoping someone might be able to recommend one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

usually you just press the TV button at the top of the remote control to toggle through DVB/Freesat/Other sat.

The satellite channels and the terrestrial channels are kept completely separate on Panasonic TVs...I have a Pasonic TV (not your version) and is not much of a problem. I have it setup up with a UK postcode for Freesat, and then manually arrange the Soarview channels on the DVB side of it.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tml73

usually you just press the TV button at the top of the remote control to toggle through DVB/Freesat/Other sat.

The satellite channels and the terrestrial channels are kept completely separate on Panasonic TVs...I have a Pasonic TV (not your version) and is not much of a problem. I have it setup up with a UK postcode for Freesat, and then manually arrange the Soarview channels on the DVB side of it.

No TV button on the remote see pic attached. There has to be a better way but I can't find it!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That looks very much like a remote control that Vestel make.

If it's a rebadged Vestel, often satellite channels start on the 300s on their TV's, however that could be different on Android variants as I'm not familiar with them.

If you press OK when watching TV, do you get a channel list, with a selection of 4 coloured options at the bottom to switch between terrestrial and satellite by any chance? Worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tml73

byte wrote: »
    That looks very much like a remote control that Vestel make.

If it's a rebadged Vestel, often satellite channels start on the 300s on their TV's, however that could be different on Android variants as I'm not familiar with them.

If you press OK when watching TV, do you get a channel list, with a selection of 4 coloured options at the bottom to switch between terrestrial and satellite by any chance? Worth a try anyway.

Thanks. You do get a channel list, but the coloured buttons are for favourite lists and those lists only allow you to add channels for which ever tuner you have currently selected. I've probably exhausted all the built in options at this stage. Some kind of an firmware upgrade later on or an app is probably only solution I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I have a Samsung and I just press the source button on the remote control and scroll to the TV or Satellite

• Advertisement
Advertisement