Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Boardser: Main House

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,016 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Trigger wrote: »
    I'll admit it, today I was rooting for Kolido, he played the game perfectly. His backroom and alliances were fun to read and he's just an all round Nice guy!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is why you would never share the popcorn, keeping for your fav Kolido :(:p

th?id=OIP.iA8Du3aYdKYemuHGRXwdUgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

Omg FixXxers diary!! :D:D He's so funny. And now I know what happen Liz!

So.........where's the after party happening ?

th?id=OIP.skFlIhhACkRRA-u5-6ik8gHaDt&pid=Api&P=0&w=312&h=156

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks for all the kind comments folks. I'll have my own thoughts a bit later after I take a bit of a chill after a hectic week.

Any and all feedback from the game completely welcome, what you enjoyed, what you didn't enjoy etc.

I thought any of the final 7 were worthy winners and was a little gutted for JohnGreenFan going out by a single point on a Sheep after such a great week.

Backrooms were so much fun, the Diary Rooms and all the individual thoughts of the players were fun to read and you got a real feel everyone was enjoying it from the posts there.

The alliances were good craic, I'm not sure if they detracted a little from the main game thread but we felt it was the best way to have the alliances. Maybe they should have been in the backrooms as well, I'm not sure.

For me it's a bucket list item checked (yeah yeah sad or what!)

Combining the best of this fantastic little forum into one wild, fun filled game. It was a lot of work, a LOT of work - possibly too much for three mods though we didn't fall out once amazingly, Trigger and LeVar are absolutely brilliant people to work with and we had some amount of laughs this week.

tenor.gif?itemid=4770373

I do regret having to cull so many people on Monday morning, it's definitely something I'd not do again and just work in extra evictions. But this was (hopefully) the first of a good few outings of Big Boardser, so there will be teething issues in places that can be ironed out.

Thank you to all the players, I enjoyed it all from BuileBeag's roleplaying to the scheming of the alliances and then straight up play by the winner.

And of course not to forget many people got introduced to beakering as well :D

Thank you to so many of the Jury who stayed around to the very end. We had 20 players from a possible 28 vote in the final which is absolutely savage going, hats off to you all as well.

More individual thoughts on Diary Rooms, alliances etc later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

Thank you so much Necro, Trigger and LeVar! How you pulled this off I'll never know! I enjoyed it so much and I'm reading the diary rooms now and I can see how much other people enjoyed it too. Really, really amazing! This week flew.

The Diary rooms are so good. Helping me understand everything. I'm not free for an after party until I finish reading.

Just want to agree to with BB re the people who managed to pull this off. So much work!
    Well done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Big Boardser has left the building and this is LeVar speaking once again...

It's going to be hard to get into the habit of speaking in the 1st Person again after this week... :pac:

Once again, thanks everyone for playing the game.

There was a lot more work involved than I think myself, Necro, or Trigger realised there would be from the Mod Side of things, and we know you all threw yourself into the game and put a lot of time into it too, so fair play for the commitment...

I have a few post-game thoughts, that I can now reveal now that I don't have to say The Is Big Boardser (that got annoying fast) anymore... :pac:

A very deserved win from Kolido, genuinely delighted to see you get it as I know you're a huge Big Brother fan...

As a Game Mod who saw everything that was going on, I do think any of the Final 4 would've been worthy of the title...

4 different types of gameplay, but each a valid winner in their own right...

Kolido ; on the path of straight and narrow, a clean game, never betrayed anyone, and had a great social game here in the Main Thread, there's something to be said for the Honesty Route, you were a target for the opposite side of the House because of this, but I think once you made it through to the Final 5, you were always going to be hard to beat on Jury Votes...

ari101 ; personally I love the duplicitous playing two sides of the house style of play that you had going and I think you did it well, it won you a few votes from Jurors who were on the fence today too I think. It may have stressed you out a bit much at times, I think you should have tried to enjoy the underhandedness a bit more, rather than letting it eat you up, but excellently played.

Baggly ; you were essentially running the house from the Discords all week, without ever having to get your hands dirty by being HoH, which meant your alliance essentially shielded you as they were doing your bidding. I may be exaggerating slightly, but that's not a million miles away from how it read, and it was great to watch, and I just wish you had leant into that during the Jury Q&A this afternoon, because it may have swung a couple more votes your way.

cee_jay ; I actually think you incorporated a bit of all the above strategies, very sociable in the Main Thread here like Kol, jumping between a few big alliances (although you were more loyal than ari ever was :D), you had a good head for the game like Baggly did or at least seemed to anyway, but differed in that you did get your hands dirty, as HoH twice, a couple of Veto wins, and some Bonus Challenge wins. Like Baggly, I think you should've owned it a bit more today, you seemed to play it down a bit, and you probably had the best well-rounded game overall.

Throughout the day, I struggled to separate who I would've voted for from the 4 of you if I had had a vote, and if I had only been on the Jury and not seen everything that was going on, I'm not sure who I would have voted for. For having the most well-rounded style of game-play I was rooting for cee_jay, just a little bit more, but there wasn't much in it between the four of you, so a great achievement to all of you...

Some of the other highlights for me during the game were...

The Sopranos Discord ; I think both Mam and Hilda were a bit wary of the auld Discord at the start of the week, but by the end they had fully embraced it and would hop onto the Discord after throwing someone under the bus or stabbing them in the back and have a good laugh about it, which is why we christened them Tony Soprano and Sylvio Dante (and although neither have seen The Sopranos, they loved the concept and the mob talk in there was great fun)... By the middle of the week the Mods were rooting for you both to get right to the very end, but there were ultimately too many enemies to fend off

BuileBeag's Diary Room ; there were some great Diary Rooms, and quite a few of you had a lot of fun with them, but I think Buile you were the first to really embrace it, and it's a shame you didn't last longer into the game because it would've been great to have some of the classic Buile Commentary all week...

Picture PEEHS ; I have wanted to do a Picture PEEHS for so long, but like a lot of SHEEP/PEEHS first time hosts the idea of the Sheepulator scared the beejaysus out of me, but this game finally gave me the excuse to just give it a whirl on a small scale and it was a blast... I'm a big Reality TV fan, so even just putting all the photos together and deciding who to include was great fun...

and oh yeah...

one Final thing...

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Has everyone disappeared or are they all in the Diary Room reading ? :pac:

rylan.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    Combining the best of this fantastic little forum into one wild, fun filled game. It was a lot of work, a LOT of work - possibly too much for three mods though we didn't fall out once amazingly, Trigger and LeVar are absolutely brilliant people to work with and we had some amount of laughs this week.

tenor.gif?itemid=4770373

giphy.gif

:D

Nah, I'll second this, it was a lot of work, but we had our fun too, and that's all that matters

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    rylan.jpg

I thought I was getting to meet Rylan when I was evicted! :D

Didn't happen, damn it.

Omg FixXxers diary!! :D:D He's so funny. And now I know what happen Liz!

This is FixXer for chaos

th?id=OIP.UoWDox5R9BAEM_YzMQ5roQHaLH&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Thanks LeVar you are entirely accurate in your assessment. I didn't always enjoy my traitorous roll, and I had some RL stresses which didn't help me relax :D Eventhough we say it was a game I was a bit worried about the explosion that would come :)

I also agree that I felt like Baggly was running the show cool as a cucumber in the background :D (It's part of why I tried to nom you as HoH but you had PoV... ;) )

Big Boardser has left the building and this is LeVar speaking once again..
    and oh yeah...

one Final thing...

86018219.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Enjoyed reading some of those diary rooms.

Damn you Baggly putting me up!

Personally, I enjoyed throwing the cat amongst the pigeons before I left. :)

A WW game beckons for me next I think!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Our players and the day they left the house, were nominated and were Head of Household:

*masterlist shamelessly stolen from LeVar in the planning room:

Saturday/Sunday
    Icebreaker Challenge: Rikand
    Compliment Your Mods: cee_jay, bubblypop, BuileBeag
    Block HoH Vote (Rikand): Liana Old Spine
    Block HoH Vote (cee_jay): mustang shelly
    Block HoH Vote (bubblypop): hurlingman97
    Block HoH Vote (BuileBeag): YellowFeather
    HoH: Mam of 4

Monday
    Walked: Purple Mountain
    Original Nominees: fixXxer, beakerjoe
    Alpha PoV/HoH Takeover Winner: cee_jay
    Mass Cull Evictees (9): sullivlo, aceandstuff, Reberetta, TheValeyard, looksee, YellowFeather, mustang shelly, duffman 13, Liana Old Spine
    Final Nominees: Rikand, BuileBeag
    Evicted Houseguests: Rikand
    HoH: Mam of 4

Tuesday
    Original Nominees: BuileBeag, wrestlemaniac, khalessi
    PoV Joke Winner: JP Liz V1
    Jury Joke Winner: mustang shelly, The Valeyard
    Jury Safety Given To: Baggly, wrestlemaniac
    LeVar's Joke Choice: hurlingman97
    Necro's Joke Choice: JP Liz V1
    Trigger's Joke Choice: BuileBuig
    Secret Gif Task Winner: JohnGreenFan
    Mod Joke Advantages Used:
    Block HoH Vote (4): beakerjoe (x2), Baggly, Irish Aris
    Jury Nominee: Sephiroth_dude
    Final Nominees (4): khalessi, BuileBeag, Sephiroth_dude, hurlingman97
    Evicted Houseguests: BuileBeag, khalessi, hurlingman97
    HoH: cee_jay

Wednesday
    Original Nominees: Kolido, bubblypop
    PoV Walrus Winner: cee_jay
    Jury Walrus Winner (Block HoH Votes): khalessi, duffman13, mustang shelly, beakerjoe, HildaOgdenx
    LeVar's Walrus Choice: Kolido
    Necro's Walrus Choice: Kolido
    Trigger's Walrus Choice: Kolido
    Mod Advantages Used:
    Block HoH Vote (5): Baggly, Kolido, Mam of 4, JP Liz V1
    Safe From Eviction: Kolido
    Final Nominees: bubblypop, beakerjoe, Irish Aris, JP Liz V1
    Evicted Houseguests: bubblypop, beakerjoe, Irish Aris
    HoH: ari101
    Seph's Secret Player Task Penalty Nominee Tomorrow: Sephiroth_Dude

Thursday
    Original Nominees: Kolido, jluv
    PoV Peehs Winner: Baggly
    PoV Peehs Wooden Spoon Evictee: fixXxer
    Peehs Follow Up Challenge Winner: cee_jay
    Block Eviction Vote: JP Liz V1
    Jury Peehs Winner: khalessi
    Jury Safety Given To: Mam of 4
    Jury Nominee: cj maxx
    Final Nominees: jluv, cj maxx, Sephiroth_dude, wrestlemaniac, ari101
    Evicted Houseguests: jluv, cj maxx, Sephiroth_dude, wrestlemaniac
    Final HoH: JohnGreenFan

Friday
    Original Nominees: JP Liz V1, aaronjennings
    PoV Paint Winner: Kolido
    Jury Paint Winner: BuileBeag
    Jury Advantage (Eviction Vote Blocked) Used On: Baggly
    Jury Nominee: Mam of 4
    Final Nominees: aaronjennings, Mam of 4, HildaOgdenx
    Evicted Houseguests: aaronjennings, Mam of 4

Saturday
    PoV Peehs Wooden Spoon Evictee: JohnGreenFan
    PoV Sheep Winner: cee_jay
    Sheep Winner Auto-Evict Vote: HildaOgdenx
    5th Place: JP Liz V1
    4th Place: cee_jay
    2nd Runner-Up: Baggly
    1st Runner-Up: ari101
    Big Boardser Winner: Kolido

Thank you so much Necro, Trigger and LeVar! How you pulled this off I'll never know! I enjoyed it so much and I'm reading the diary rooms now and I can see how much other people enjoyed it too. Really, really amazing! This week flew.

The Diary rooms are so good. Helping me understand everything. I'm not free for an after party until I finish reading.

Your diary room BuileBeag is a good read, like Clueless meets Mean Girls meets How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days :p I wish you stayed longer in the house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Mams diary room still doesn't tell me why she put me up for eviction, them pesky discord chats out to get me :,-) :D
    My only goal was to last till after the music round

Your diary room BuileBeag is a good read, like Clueless meets Mean Girls meets How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days :p I wish you stayed longer in the house ;)

Haha thanks Liz! :)

I'm still reading. Almost done. Saving Mams for last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I strangely feel at a loss... like I'm not sure what to do with no challenges or evictions looming :D I've been reading backrooms :) but tomorrow I actually might do a days work tomorrow or maybe some house work, or my groceries... :D

I'll miss ye mad folks and our discord chats! :)

My diary room is boring compared to others, think discord chats got more and lots of gifs

I already miss the house and discord too

So who is doing the house cleaning :p

th?id=OIP.XtEnDHgTWiSITRPxreIIfQHaE1&pid=Api&P=0&w=243&h=159

ari101 wrote: »
    I strangely feel at a loss... like I'm not sure what to do with no challenges or evictions looming :D I've been reading backrooms :) but tomorrow I actually might do a days work tomorrow or maybe some house work, or my groceries... :D

I'll miss ye mad folks and our discord chats! :)

th?id=OIP.4JoQ3U0tr951ZGZm-Z9HqAHaFj&pid=Api&P=0&w=252&h=190

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Congratulations Kolido.
    Rooted for all the way , worthy champion

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Haha thanks Liz! :)

I'm still reading. Almost done. Saving Mams for last.

You'll be seriously disappointed, it's as boring as fcuk to be totally honest .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    You'll be seriously disappointed, it's as boring as fcuk to be totally honest .

I just started and I'm in stitches already. Your 4th post was

'I haven't a clue about alliances , it's a bit out of my nature to form one'

3 posts later..

'if I was asked to be in an alliance and said yes , is it against the rules of the House to try to secretly form a second alliance within the first ?
    Or is that just plain evil or a brilliant idea?'

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Kolido, when you wanted to do a WW Big Bro game a few weeks ago I was thinking out of all the players I wanted you to win.

Real happy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

3 posts later..

'if I was asked to be in an alliance and said yes , is it against the rules of the House to try to secretly form a second alliance within the first ?

The first one was me in Housemate mode .

The second was where I thought , feck this , I'm being myself not a HM , not much point in half playing the game , go the whole hog on it :pac:

It worked too :D

By any chance are you a Schitt's Creek fan
    cee_jay wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Schitt's Creek Werewolf?

I read all the diarys! Some were brilliant. I'm disgusted the Valeyard got beer in his. Aaron's was hilarious. I really enjoyed JGFs, Aris and Mams. Explained a lot.

Sad that's over now!

Back to reality.

3 posts later..

Mam of many alliances, the ultimate spy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

How did all you back stabbers make alliances. Go into some ones diary room , how ?

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    How did all you back stabbed make alliances. Go into some ones diary room , how ?

You just said to big boardser in your own diary room.

I'd like to start an alliance with...... And BB would send them invites to a discord chat with you.

Advertisement