Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

Nah it’s not a typical colour at all. Not for my location.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭pad199207

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Don’t insult my intelligence Pad. That’s not true, I live here and so know what the normal colour is. Otherwise I wouldn't have raised it.

Christ I wouldn’t dare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I wonder will there be a thread created for next Tue/Wed potential wind and rain event?

Would be a welcome change from my grass isn't green debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

The winter just gone (but arguably still in full swing) was weighted more toward cold days than mild, so no doubt this had an effect on grass colour in some spots. Though I have to say, the grass colour in the pics posted above looks pretty typical for exposed regions in the winter.

Really not sure how some are getting to cut their lawns etc at this point in the year. Grass around here shows no sign of growth at all, and despite the ongoing current dry spell, drying itself has been very poor throughout. Soil is still as squelchy as ever. No sun either today for the 4th day in a row. Typically, this sort of pattern would bring ample sun to Connacht, but not this time around it seems, but I'm not complaining. Dry, cloudy, hazy weather has it's own charm.

New Moon

I have noticed the anticyclones this year have been unusually cloudy. Ground is dry here, haven’t cut grass in weeks either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

I can't cut the grass here. The ground is still to wet.
    Crap cold day. Wind is icy. Not seen the Sun for over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Grass in upland areas is brown here as well but moorland is always brown at this time of year so can't say I've taken much notice of it

And agreed on cutting the lawn, always find it bizarre seeing people talking about getting the lawnmower out in Jan and Feb, I usually don't cut it at all between October & April and its always perfectly fine

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    Would be a welcome change from my grass isn't green debate.

I can see what you mean :D

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Someone referred to the weather as class this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Happy enough with weather this week. Cool dry and calm for early March. was grand and got lots of outdoor work done

• Advertisement

Cold tonight,where the cloud breaks. 9pm:

Dublin Airport -3
    Casement -2
    Phoenix park -2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,372 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

My supply from last month is running out :mad:

52c0fbec86cb49edec8feffc643fa2ca.jpg

Long spells of sunshine here in Castlebar. Lovely out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

This is more like it. Sun appeared about 1 hour ago. Very pleasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fantastic morning in south Mayo
    Lawn cut :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Lovely March afternoon in D5

Completely different here again. Stratus again

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lovely day in Meath after a very cold and frosty night. Feels mild in the sunshine and very little wind.

km79 wrote: »
    Fantastic morning in south Mayo
    Lawn cut :)

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47o2g57k3anvc5yg3fgr4bkip9pqu9pr135ifd7izq&rid=giphy.webp

New Moon

Nqp15hhu wrote: »
    Completely different here again. Stratus again

Up in the clouds we'll be dancing.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Overcast in Donegal again as well, don't think I've seen the sun once in the past week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭appledrop

In the park today and great to see it bone dry.

All the muck has dried up as no rain here for a week.

Finally we are not covered in muck when we come home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Went for a walk around the Lee Fields in Cork today. Was still totally flooded a few days ago, and today bar one or two puddles in the grass you wouldn't even have noticed it was flooded. lovely day

• Registered Users Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

appledrop wrote: »
    Finally we are not covered in muck when we come home

the little things in life lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭appledrop

the little things in life lol

I know yea, we came home from park one day and we covered in muck and neighbour was out chatting away and I was mortified at the state of us!

MT is predicting a warmish Paddy’s day. Hope so as I am booking the 18th & 19th off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

One of the best days of the year so far in Meath, unbroken gin blue skies and mild sunshine. Lots of people walking and cycling and the sound of lawnmowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Pangea

Raining steadily here past three hours in Donegal, strange to see the rain back we have been spoilt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Pangea wrote: »
    Raining steadily here past three hours in Donegal, strange to see the rain back we have been spoilt

Posts like this make me realise how big our small island is. Absolute rasper of a day in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭mojesius

Fab day in South Wicklow. Nice to be putting sun cream on the kids and drinking coffee sitting out the back all day.

Advertisement