Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Sector - Salary Scale

• 05-03-2021 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please.

I am currently a Grade IV Clerical Officer in an organisation in Dublin but have been offered a Grade III Clerical Officer in another public sector organisation nearer home. I don't mind dropping a grade but I am wondering if you can you bring across a similar salary as I am point 5 on the Grade IV scale and can not afford to drop down to the start of the Grade III salary scale.

I realise there is a circular issued in 2019 about this but it only states if you are moving up a grade/promotion it does not say if you decide to drop down?

Please Help!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

You should be able to it you may have to go to point 1 until they figure it out.
    If you're dealing with PeoplePoint or the local Hr about the job they will be able to advise.
    Do it by email to have all communication in writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Summer_angel

You should be able to it you may have to go to point 1 until they figure it out.
    If you're dealing with PeoplePoint or the local Hr about the job they will be able to advise.
    Do it by email to have all communication in writing.

It is not with people point, it's an etb and HR have said they are waiting for confirmation from the Department of Education. It just taking ages to get an answer out of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭McSween

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction please.

I am currently a Grade IV Clerical Officer in an organisation in Dublin but have been offered a Grade III Clerical Officer in another public sector organisation nearer home. I don't mind dropping a grade but I am wondering if you can you bring across a similar salary as I am point 5 on the Grade IV scale and can not afford to drop down to the start of the Grade III salary scale.

I realise there is a circular issued in 2019 about this but it only states if you are moving up a grade/promotion it does not say if you decide to drop down?

Please Help!!

I have a similar question but in reverse. My grade 3 salary is under a grade 4 salary but only by anout a thousand. Would I start at beginning of grade 4 salary or does my previous service push me beyond d the start of grade 4 scale? Sorry to hijack btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Short answer: It's really up to DES, but as Grade IV CO is really an EO equivalent, they probably won't keep you on that payscale.

Advertisement