Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Property Market in Waterford

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

hardybuck wrote: »
    Many buyers are happy enough to purchase a property in that condition as they'll be taking a sledgehammer to most of it anyway.

Mahogany Units are on their way back into fashion too BTW.

I think the problem is, in most such cases , the property is priced as if the sledgehammer has already been wielded and renovation work taken place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

I think the problem is, in most such cases , the property is priced as if the sledgehammer has already been wielded and renovation work taken place.

Yeah but that's another story to be fair. With the introduction of the price register I think there's a lot more transparency in relation to prices which is good for all concerned.

If the agent/owner seeks a price out of kilter with other properties in the area it'll be fairly obvious.

Many agents will deliberately price it a bit under the desired level to get bidders interested and competing against each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭spaceCreated

hardybuck wrote: »
    Yeah but that's another story to be fair. With the introduction of the price register I think there's a lot more transparency in relation to prices which is good for all concerned.

If the agent/owner seeks a price out of kilter with other properties in the area it'll be fairly obvious.

Many agents will deliberately price it a bit under the desired level to get bidders interested and competing against each other.

I think the price register has a delay in getting updated though, it gives you a guideline but could be improved on I think.

I think the price register has a delay in getting updated though, it gives you a guideline but could be improved on I think.

Yeah some sales take months to clear also. Room for improvement but it cuts through a lot of messing that took place before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Do they still do those 20ft radiators anywhere
    Check out this property I found using Daft

www.daft.ie/13339171
    Worst stretching job on daft...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Hoffmans wrote: »

www.daft.ie/13339171

And doors you could drive a tank through.

Wake me up when it's all over.

www.daft.ie/13339171

I think an investor will get a net yield of 7-8% on that property after it gets a quick spruce up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was looking at a house on my estate for research purposes which was the same design and looked about twice the size in every direction. Comical how distorted it was really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Derlict wall for sale only 50k ,2007 groundhog agents.

[url]Https://www.daft.ie/13736614[/url]

At least your demolition costs won't be as high!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

But you get a 0.01 acre site with road frontage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

That's the famous "gas" house explosion! Although it wasn't actually a gas explosion, more a bathtub full of white spirits.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1732967630123354

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

johnnykilo wrote:
    That's the famous "gas" house explosion! Although it wasn't actually a gas explosion, more a bathtub full of white spirits.

Was there petrol as well? Houses were destroyed after it

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Was there petrol as well? Houses were destroyed after it

Possibly and/or petrol alright. The house was basically full of flammable liquid which is perhaps somewhat expectedly, why it exploded

johnnykilo wrote:
    Possibly and/or petrol alright. The house was basically full of flammable liquid which is perhaps somewhat expectedly, why it exploded

Was told the house was full of containers of petrol, hence the explosion, the whole street was lucky that night, I know someone living on that row, scary stuff

Was told the house was full of containers of petrol, hence the explosion, the whole street was lucky that night, I know someone living on that row, scary stuff

Yeah I heard the same thing. I'm from around there and would know a lot of the neighbours, so I know the details.

Sure it blew the roof straight off the house, and there was structural damage to the houses either side, the one on the left had to be completely rebuilt because of it.

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Yeah I heard the same thing. I'm from around there and would know a lot of the neighbours, so I know the details.

Sure it blew the roof straight off the house, and there was structural damage to the houses either side, the one on the left had to be completely rebuilt because of it.

was looking at it after the fact, some damage, everyone was lucky to get out of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Just on this positive news - at zone S1 planning level which takes in like of Williamstown road, being fully serviced standard, it would mean 10 dwelling units per acre x 28. So 280 homes give or take

Have a look at
    https://www.waterfordcouncil.ie/media/plans-strategies/development-plan/county/Volume%201%20-%20Written%20Statement/Chapter%2010.pdf

Table 10.4: Minimum Standards for Housing Estate Developments in Urban Areas.

• Advertisement

BBM77 wrote: »

positive for who exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Certainly not for you anyway :D

BBM77 wrote:
    Certainly not for you anyway

I'm fine, but I suspect it's not positive news for those seeking housing, as land speculation is just another factor pushing up prices, but not to worry, more of your taxes will be required to sort the issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 pearsebhoy

for the few developers in the country who own all the ****ing land, that's who. getting so depressed now trying to get a house. work my ****ing balls off and was offered literally nothing from the banks for a mortgage because we have 4 children and the wife can't work due to one of the children being special needs

pearsebhoy wrote: »
    for the few developers in the country who own all the ****ing land, that's who. getting so depressed now trying to get a house. work my ****ing balls off and was offered literally nothing from the banks for a mortgage because we have 4 children and the wife can't work due to one of the children being special needs

the state is actually the largest land owner, but the state doesnt want to truly get involved in building homes, it has largely left this to the fire sectors(finance, insurance and real estate), whos main aim is to cause prices to rise, so.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

pearsebhoy wrote: »

The social system in this country is fkd up, you work hard break your balls to try get something and you get run into ground, my neighbour is on social has same house as me council pays for it, they're on the dole loadsa kids, going for a walk in their spandex training gear while I'm passing by going to the suppliers, drive back into my estate on the way home from work and think how is the social system fair, there they are pulling into their driveway in a relatively new car stress free. If they are sick they get free health insurance and don't lose a dole payment, if i get sick and don't go to work i lose a days pay and if I'm out longer i have to go to the doctor pay 65 euro to see him then pay for an antibiotic if needed, and when I'm working I'm paying for the free loaders

There is no incentive for people to work in this country, we have people working in our company who do X's and O's despite the fact that there's more hours available, and then there's positions we just cant fill cos some of them don't want to lose their benefits FIS etc absolutely shocking, my mother had 2 jobs and we didn't have a pot to piss in.

The social system in this country is fkd up, you work hard break your balls to try get something and you get run into ground, my neighbour is on social has same house as me council pays for it, they're on the dole loadsa kids, going for a walk in their spandex training gear while I'm passing by going to the suppliers, drive back into my estate on the way home from work and think how is the social system fair, there they are pulling into their driveway in a relatively new car stress free. If they are sick they get free health insurance and don't lose a dole payment, if i get sick and don't go to work i lose a days pay and if I'm out longer i have to go to the doctor pay 65 euro to see him then pay for an antibiotic if needed, and when I'm working I'm paying for the free loaders

There is no incentive for people to work in this country, we have people working in our company who do X's and O's despite the fact that there's more hours available, and then there's positions we just cant fill cos some of them don't want to lose their benefits FIS etc absolutely shocking, my mother had 2 jobs and we didn't have a pot to piss in.

our housing issues have little or nothing to do with the welfare classes, we have gone down a cul de sac, as most countries have over the last few decades, and have passed this critical social need over to the fire sectors(finance, insurance and real estate), to provide us with this need, but the core goal of these sectors is to 'maximize share holder value', it does this by continually driving up land and property values. we also continually elected governments that encourage and facilitates these outcomes, as we currently have again, and surprise surprise, we re experiencing the same outcome! and to add insult to injury, we have also encouraged and facilitated, a reduction in workers rights, an increase in employment precariousness, maintained low wage inflation compared to this high asset price inflation, add all that up, and you ve one big pile of sh1t! oh and again, thats got fvck all to do with the welfare classes, and its all easily visible in the data

Advertisement