Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Volvo C40.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

AMKC wrote: »
    https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/volvo/c40/354399/new-2021-volvo-c40-joins-brands-electric-car-line-pictures

I have to say it looks really good on the outside anyway and I love the style at rear. Just a pity that Volvo interiors and dashs these days lack any real imagination.
    Still be a nice car do.

It’s not much different from the xc40 is it. I’d rather have the headroom in the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It’s not much different from the xc40 is it. I’d rather have the headroom in the back.

Not really no but I think it looks better.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

How are Volvo marketing Polestar versus core models like this? Seems like they will be competing against each other

I like the Volvo dash design but having said that every model looks exactly the same inside now and I agree different models should have specific differences

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DanT88

I think you should take a look at the XC90 Review . I don't agree with you that they make ugly cars . In my opinion a car should be safe in the first place. The XC90 is just that, a newer model and much better looking. I had the C40 and it didn't suit me either, I gave it to my wife. Surprisingly my wife liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

DanT88 wrote: »
    I think you should take a look at the XC90 Review . I don't agree with you that they make ugly cars . In my opinion a car should be safe in the first place. The XC90 is just that, a newer model and much better looking. I had the C40 and it didn't suit me either, I gave it to my wife. Surprisingly my wife liked it.

The C40 isn’t launched yet is it?

• Advertisement

Casati wrote: »
    How are Volvo marketing Polestar versus core models like this? Seems like they will be competing against each other

Volvo have committed to being EV only by 2030, further complicating things. Spinning off Polestar, without looking at the long term goals for Volvo was weird move by GHG.

Isn't the XC90 the oldest model in the fleet now, I know it got a mid life update, but it's due to be completely replaced by a new model next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

AMKC wrote: »
    Not really no but I think it looks better.

It really doesn't.

All those chopped off SAVs look shyte. BMW started it with the worst offender X6. I saw one of those etron sportback Audis in Castleknock last week and it looked like the elephant man's car.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Who said anything about Volvo cars been ugly?
    You might have had the XC40 but not the C40 as it was only just revealed and it will be a while before it's on sale yet.
    Casati wrote: »
    The C40 isn’t launched yet is it?
    Only just unveiled this week so no not on sale for a year at least yet.
    Larbre34 wrote: »
    It really doesn't.

All those chopped off SAVs look shyte. BMW started it with the worst offender X6. I saw one of those etron sportback Audis in Castleknock last week and it looked like the elephant man's car.

Actually Ssangyong was the first with the Actyon but of course people prefer to think it was a BMW tge samd with CUVs Kia was the first with the Sportage but the average person will think it was Toyota with the Rav-4 wrong.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement