Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead | Season 10 | Episode 17 | Home Sweet Home [Bonus Episodes]

Options
  • 16-02-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

We are back!...6 bonus episodes as part of an extended season 10
    In September 2020, writer Kevin Deiboldt described the stories on Twitter as "in-between-quels," meaning viewers can expect less plot-driven, and more character-driven, episodes than usual.

Right from the outset, the first bonus episode will see Maggie share her experiences away from the group. Later stories center on Daryl and Carol ironing out their friendship and individual woes, as well as updates on Gabriel, Aaron, Princess, and the Commonwealth. Arguably the most intriguing of them all, however, is the finale, which will finally flesh out Negan's backstory. Fans will get to see his pre-apocalypse life, his relationship with his wife, Lucille (played by Hilarie Burton), and his rise to become the leader of the Saviors — wrapping up what is sure to be one of The Walking Dead's most must-see seasons.

The Walking Dead - Season 10

Episode 17 - "Home Sweet Home"

Airdate - Feb 28th 2021 on AMC | March 1st on FOX UK

Maggie has returned with a story she is not ready to share, even when her past catches up to her. Negan's safety is at stake again. Daryl and Maggie fight an unseen and unknown threat.

How did you rate this episode? 15 votes

0%
    0%
    6%
    Recliner 1 vote
    26%
    shineon23snowgalLl31gladerunner 4 votes
    20%
    NUTZZLucas Hood[Deleted User] 3 votes
    0%
    20%
    robertpattersonHande hoche!Sudden Valley 3 votes
    6%
    bmorrissey 1 vote
    20%
    fritzellybrianregan09Keplar240B 3 votes
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The Walking Dead: Season 10 - Episode 16 RECAP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

This has leaked today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Maggie's back with a very serious face this time - show just got a whole lot more boring

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah, her first encounter with the "nice" Negan was an anticlimax to say the least.
    Given he literally beat her husband's head in I was expecting more than just an icy stare and snub.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah I wasn't that excited about the return of Maggie or her crew. I'm baffled they still have negan around considering he has killed the relatives or friends of a number of characters still around. As soon as they got rid of the whisperers they should have disposed of him.

• Advertisement

: Poll added as this episode is now available to stream a week early in the US on AMC+ :

As an FYI in case people aren't aware, these 6 'bonus' episodes are very much character driven as opposed to the advancement of the main story arc. While it will have elements of both, each episode will focus on a particular character, or pair of characters (Maggie, Negan etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bag of ****e

I don't know if i was me but I thought even the camera work at times was awfully subpar

I'm a big fan of the series btw and it has just regressed so badly , it's really going out on it's arse for me like so many great shows

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

anyone notice the predator music theme

• Registered Users Posts: 51,112 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Bag of ****e

I don't know if i was me but I thought even the camera work at times was awfully subpar

I'm a big fan of the series btw and it has just regressed so badly , it's really going out on it's arse for me like so many great shows

I think S10c episodes were filmed just after the pandemic first wave peaked last summer when film companies only started up again. There would still have been restrictions around social distancing as well as restrictions on numbers of production crew on set, etc. Lots of editing done remotely too. I'd imagine the end result episodes would be less than perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think S10c episodes were filmed just after the pandemic first wave peaked last summer when film companies only started up again. There would still have been restrictions around social distancing as well as restrictions on numbers of production crew on set, etc. Lots of editing done remotely too. I'd imagine the end result episodes would be less than perfect.

Yeah that's fair will stick with it as i have made it this far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I did hold on as long as possible but I just don't have the heart to watch it anymore.

Will tune in for the end though, hope it is not like the comic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Yeah I wasn't that excited about the return of Maggie or her crew. I'm baffled they still have negan around considering he has killed the relatives or friends of a number of characters still around. As soon as they got rid of the whisperers they should have disposed of him.

And that Negan arc went on for a season too long as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

maybe its just because its been sooo long and I missed my fix, but I actually enjoyed the episode....Bar the parts I couldn't hear, no matter how much I turned up the tv!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

'member when these episode threads used to be 15 pages long? :(

Agree with the volume inconsistencies. I had the remote in my hand the whole time. Volume up, down, up, down...

Wasn't sure what to make of this episode. And tbh, I could do without another group of baddies that the gang have to battle and defeat. The Reapers? Sigh. No doubt they're gonna have to sick Negan on them, and he'll save Maggie or Herschel and she'll begrudgingly have to accept him.

I'll see it through to the end at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

snowgal wrote: »
    maybe its just because its been sooo long and I missed my fix, but I actually enjoyed the episode....Bar the parts I couldn't hear, no matter how much I turned up the tv!!

delighted it wasn't just me, I had to put subtitles on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Bit disappointed that it was a lad in a ghillie suit rather than a demonic bush. Hope the next big bad at least has a bit of charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

What did the fella say before he blew himself up? I tried to make it out but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

What did the fella say before he blew himself up? I tried to make it out but no luck

“Pope marked you.”

The audio was atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Didn't realise the walking dead was back. Was just wondering why I hadn't heard of its return date. Glad to see I've a few episodes to get stuck into.

• Advertisement

Jofspring wrote: »
    Didn't realise the walking dead was back. Was just wondering why I hadn't heard of its return date. Glad to see I've a few episodes to get stuck into.

It’s only ‘partly’ back, don’t get too excited! :pac:

Advertisement