Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Devils - Sky Italy/Atlantic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭moby2101

Decent series,the tale of thePIIGS downfall in the eurozone bank collapse is well interwoven into the plot.
    Plenty of RTand TV3 news coverage used
    Binged it over the holidays, good cast also

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

McDreamy has aged :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭steve_r

Just finished this. On the whole, I wouldn't recommend it.

It looks very well, but the writing is really poor and it feels like a direct translation of an Italian script. Some of the dialogue is really wooden at times and doesn't sound natural at all.

Some of the characters (Massimo, Oliver), have well-developed stories/backgrounds and some of the others (including Dominic, the main antagonist) don't really have much in the way of background at all.

The plot itself isn't well explained - some of the actions the main people take are really strange and hard to understand.

It's a pity because it looks at the financial collapse from a European perspective and it is interesting to see the contemporaneous media coverage at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭secman

Absolutely agree with that summation, im increasingly getting peed off with the trend of having loud soundtrack music being played over people speaking low...happens loads of time in Devils. Watched 2 episodes but it was hard work no intention or interest finishing it.
    Very over hyped

watched 4 episodes I think but it was too much of a drag as it just wasn't compelling.

the vast majority of Sky's stuff seems to suffer from this type of thing - initially sounds good as a premise and looks flashy but mostly hollow and even boring in the end.

that ratty little Argie journalist character also annoyed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Alicano

glasso wrote: »
    watched 4 episodes I think but it was too much of a drag as it just wasn't compelling.

the vast majority of Sky's stuff seems to suffer from this type of thing - initially sounds good as a premise and looks flashy but mostly hollow and even boring in the end.

that ratty little Argie journalist character also annoyed me.

Thank you! :D Myself and my partner could not stand her! The whole story line with her was terrible. Gorilla journalist out to get him.. then suddenly she's on hols in Italy visiting his Dad. Would you get real :pac:
    I liked the real world events tied in. Loved seeing Vincent Browne footage!
    Like someone else said. Sky stuff is all flash. But quite average story lines and characters etc.
    Thought Massimos voice was dubbed too. Drove me nuts. Partner didn't think so. But everyone else's voice quality was very real. His all seemed to be dubbed (in his voice) but later in sound studio. Tiny detail that I could not not hear :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭wadacrack

Out now on Sky? Is this mainly English dialogue?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

He really has

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

In fairness to Dempsey, anyone who would remember him from his younger days when he looked like the biggest dork and was always cast as a nerd or loser who comes good would never have thought that he would be considered a male sex symbol

cant-buy-me-love-1.jpg

he's holding up pretty well for mid 50's

28993024-8371231-image-a-21_1590796955377.jpg

Meanwhile his Grey's co-star who is pretty much 5 years younger than him - not great

f81a5ba59be9fbe41d581da59586c2306c-ellen-pompeo-greys-anatomy.rsquare.w330.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement