Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WiFi on OpenVix

Options
  • 24-02-2021 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi I'm just getting setup with my Zgemma box and trying to get a WiFi dongle to work. It's a TP Link T2U nano and I'm wondering what if any drivers will work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

I think that has Mediatek RTL8811AU chipset, you might find drivers in plugins > Download >Drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jonny_b1

stanley1 wrote: »
    I think that has Mediatek RTL8811AU chipset, you might find drivers in plugins > Download >Drivers.

I don't see that driver in the plugins list.
    Would there be a conflict if installed all the available drives lol, seriously though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

that would not be advisable, its a unique driver.

have a read here and see if you can follow, you can get to terminal via webif. go slow

https://www.linux.org/threads/driver-for-tp-link-archer-t2u-nano.31555/

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭spooner_j

I have exactly the same WiFi dongle but couldn't find any way to get it to work. Tried installing nearly all of the official plugins. Manual install wouldn't work either as any guide I found needed apt-get which wasn't installed either...

There is a Linux driver available which works on a Raspberry Pi, just couldn't get it working on Openvix. Let me know if you have any luck

Advertisement