Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

February Running Challenge

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Tummer36 wrote: »
    Can somebody explain how it is I am overtime?
    Age 43 Do I have to prove this also. Thanks Tummer

Hi Tummer

Firstly, welcome and that was some run! I had to keep the rules strict over the month, apologies. Since you are new to Boards too, its always good to check the start of a thread for context as it can spin out easily.

It was not age based (The main Challenge series goal is to make it inclusive regardless of age or speed). It was based on your 10k time rounded to the nearest minute. In your case that would have been 45 as a target limit. Your run was 45:35 so outside the limit.
    Challenge #2: Elevation Challenge
    Gain the most vertical metres in the time allowed.
    Time allowed is your 10k or double your 5k rounded to nearest minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tummer36

Hi Tummer

Firstly, welcome and that was some run! I had to keep the rules strict over the month, apologies. Since you are new to Boards too, its always good to check the start of a thread for context as it can spin out easily.

It was not age based (The main Challenge series goal is to make it inclusive regardless of age or speed). It was based on your 10k time rounded to the nearest minute. In your case that would have been 45 as a target limit. Your run was 45:35 so outside the limit.

Apologies,I must lay of the wine.I had it as
    10k plus 2 minutes if in twenties
    3 minutes if in thirties
    4 minutes if in forties and so on

Would of pushed a bit if I had gotten it right at start.

Tummer36 wrote: »
    Apologies,I must lay of the wine.I had it as
    10k plus 2 minutes if in twenties
    3 minutes if in thirties
    4 minutes if in forties and so on

Would of pushed a bit if I had gotten it right at start.

In fairness you didn't imagine it, I posted that in our trail running group we had taken this challenge and tweaked it, so it was your best 10km plus 2 mins for 20 somethings, 3 mins for 30 somethings etc. So I had to do 2 ascent challenges in the past week, one 42 mins one, and then went back a few days later and did 38 mins. The first day was useful as it made me realise that I'd have to stop the watch with about 5 seconds to spare.

Anyone interested in keeping this one going for another few weeks?

Obviously no points or anything, and no need to involve the OP, but I liked the challenge, unlike say a 5km it didn't leave me as winded, although the legs do feel it for longer, and I'd say it's good for training and injuries.

Advertisement