Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NWA (National Wrestling Alliance)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I enjoyed the show.

Stu is really playing up to his BNB gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sean Mooney is on NWA power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Waiting for someone to utter the immortal "Shut up Mooney!" a la Heenan & Perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I am bit sad that they got rid of into the fire song, it was such a great song for the intro.

I am bit sad that they got rid of into the fire song, it was such a great song for the intro.

Big Time. The new one sounds kind of generic Raw intro music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Big Time. The new one sounds kind of generic Raw intro music.

Don't remind me of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That Eddie Kingston promo.....christ, I know its repetitive at this stage but he's absolute fire. So good that I don't even care if what he said about Homicide was true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Did anyone watch the Circle Sqaured yet?

any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think Ryder and Hawkins might worth a pick up by the NWA.

I think Rusev would be awesome here for a run before going to NJPW and then onto AEW.

Just thought I'd bump this given the latest news that Thunder Rosa could be on the way to WWE.

That's now Ricky Starks, Eddie Kingston, Thunder Rosa and James Storm who have seemingly signed full time deals elsewhere.

Nick Aldis remains champion and based on his interview on Disco Inferno/Konnan's podcast, it sounds like he'll be there until the end.

NWA are currently doing matches on UWN Primetime Live but hard to see how they can manage to continue after losing such prominent stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Just thought I'd bump this given the latest news that Thunder Rosa could be on the way to WWE.

That's now Ricky Starks, Eddie Kingston, Thunder Rosa and James Storm who have seemingly signed full time deals elsewhere.

Nick Aldis remains champion and based on his interview on Disco Inferno/Konnan's podcast, it sounds like he'll be there until the end.

NWA are currently doing matches on UWN Primetime Live but hard to see how they can manage to continue after losing such prominent stars.

Is question mark still there?
    Karate!!!!

NWA returns with NWA Shockwave next Tuesday.

Mark your calendars! Beginning next Tuesday at 6pm eastern, the NWA will showcase matches produced in collaboration with the United Wrestling Network, including matches that have never been seen anywhere before! In the coming weeks, you will once again see the best that professional wrestling has to offer including Nick Aldis, Thunder Rosa, Eli Drake, Aron Stevens, Kamille, and many more!

It will be interesting to see what they do and say about the Women's Title as they have Thunder Rosa listed as being on the show yet an AEW talent holds the Title.

I think the model works very well, at the end of the day no one had heard of Ricky Starks or Thunder Rosa (or Eddie Kingston in my case) before Powerrr came along. There are plenty more hungry, talented wrestlers hoping for a chance around the US, and showing up for a long weekend every few months to film a whole season of episodes followed by the odd PPV is very easy to timetable.

As long as Corgan is willing to put some money behind it and the sooner they can get fans in the better, if anything it will be easier to recruit new people after seeing those from the first batch make the breakthrough and get long term contracts at bigger companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

May Valentine on the intro to this weeks Shockwave isnt the best way to start a show.

Josephus/The Question Mark has passed away. Very sad news.

From his tag partner Aron Stevens:
    My heart is broken. R.I.P. Sensei ❓. Thank you for all you have done for the fans and for me. This does not seem real

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Yeah heard that this morning. RIP dude.
    I quite enjoyed him as The Question Mark and the "ka-ra-te" bit.

He's only wrestling since 2012 actually. Didn't say his age but I assume mid-40s. But whatever his age was it was too soon. Could have lived another 30 years under normal circumstances. Rip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Was a gimmick that immediately caught my eye on NWA when I switched over. Well delivered
    RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 13,504 ✭✭✭✭briany

Have to say that the only bit of wrestling I was in any way eager to watch over the last couple of years was the NWA Powerr stuff, and Jocephus was no small part of that. His initial character was very good, and the addition of the spiritual advisor took it up a level. His stuff under the mask as the Question Mark was class as well. Big loss to indie wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Ah man the Question Mark was one of my favs at NWA

Horrible news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,407 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I heard this earlier and Jesus it’s sad news. The question mark stuff I loved in nwa because it was a very old school gimmick with the mask. It got over with the fans because it was clear who it was but that didn’t matter as he connected with the audience. A bit concerning that it was an undiagnosed illness given Brodie lees death. But again such a shame.

I was watching some Question Mark moments and all of a sudden when the crowd was chanting his name I realised Question Mark is Question, Mark? Mind blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭plibige

Nwa content is removed from YouTube. Any rumours or speculation why?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

plibige wrote: »
    Nwa content is removed from YouTube. Any rumours or speculation why?

Maybe they got a tv deal?

Highly doubt it thou :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Was just coming to ask about this. Wanted to continue from where I left off and the channel is empty. I asked them on twitter, but probably won't get a reply.

Looks like they may have gotten a TV or Streaming deal so if that's what it is they have probably taken down everything so it can go on the new platform.

Returning with a PPV on the 21st of March.

The weekly show (NWA Power) will now air on fight TV from the 23rd of March for a monthly fee of $4.99.

I enjoyed the NWA first time around (when the roster was decent) but I don't think I'll be paying to watch it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is that available here without the use of a VPN, and have they confirmed all previous content will be available on demand?

Returning with a PPV on the 21st of March.

The weekly show (NWA Power) will now air on fight TV from the 23rd of March for a monthly fee of $4.99.

I enjoyed the NWA first time around (when the roster was decent) but I don't think I'll be paying to watch it tbh
    I'll see what the PPV card is like before buying.

I've bought their previous PPV and was entertained, will happily do so again if the card looks decent.

• Advertisement

The whole pandemic thing happened at the worst time possible for NWA, they were just started to build a head of steam. Airing free on Youtube was a great model, Power itself was entertaining and they had goodwill to go on and keep improving.

Now they've lost their biggest up and coming talents in Starks and Rosa, they still can't return to the Power filming format with a funny, hot crowd, and they're trying to charge the same as AEW for a show you would fear is going to be a long way off it qualitywise.

Advertisement