Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flying Post Covid

• 27-02-2021 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

What are the opinions on private/Pleasure flying after Covid? I assume that all flight clubs are deemed non essential, I wonder how this is kicking them, its terrible to see the skies so quiet with any kind of traffic, in fact I was amazed to see a commercial contrail the other evening, I thought to myself "well thats a rare sight".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Seems to be plenty of activity out of Weston, not sure how that works with level 5 restrictions but people are definitely flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Check out flightradar and lots of flights still going on allover Europe. Ireland as with all things Covid is a hysterical outlier. Also lots of freight traffic going on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

GE aviation is busy over and around Cork and Waterford airports also so I presume lessons are being given.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mikel97

road_high wrote: »
    Check out flightradar and lots of flights still going on allover Europe. Ireland as with all things Covid is a hysterical outlier. Also lots of freight traffic going on

Excellent, the more the better. Really need to get it all going again. Complete overdramas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

mikel97 wrote: »
    Excellent, the more the better. Really need to get it all going again. Complete overdramas

Complete rubbish alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Im assuming with Flying Lessons its the same as car lessons? Have they minimised time in the air I wonder? I was doing driving lessons but stopped as soon as lockdown hit, id love to do flying lessons, perhaps some day but I dont think I would feel safe in such a confined space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

business jet traffic has increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Stovepipe wrote: »
    business jet traffic has increased.

Actually saw 2 contrails in the late evening sun, was lovely to see.

Advertisement