Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuff to do in Limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've been to a few Narrative for Limerick events over the last few months and I couldn't recommend them more! They are a monthly story-telling event with people sharing stories that make Limerick special.

Next one is on tomorrow night, 7pm at Narrative 4 https://www.facebook.com/events/397246091051919/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Table quiz on this evening in Collins Bar at 8pm in aid of limerick Treaty Suicide Prevention Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

There's a cool community walk tomorrow of the three bridges in town. meeting at 11am outside the castle on Nicholas St

If you are into your alternative beers, you should definitely check out Mother Macs Meet The Brewers Series, you buy a growler and you get an invite to the zoom call.

I've been on the last three and they have been great viewing for a Saturday night. So far they've had Dick Macks, Wicklow Wolf and tonight, they had Kinnegar.

Fantastic insight into brewing and the specific beers they make.

https://mothermacs.ie/

Keep an eye on their social media for upcoming series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭adaminho

Mc Love wrote: »
    If you are into your alternative beers, you should definitely check out Mother Macs Meet The Brewers Series, you buy a growler and you get an invite to the zoom call.

I've been on the last three and they have been great viewing for a Saturday night. So far they've had Dick Macks, Wicklow Wolf and tonight, they had Kinnegar.

https://www.mixcloud.com/MotherMacs/meet-the-brewer-online/
    The first two are online if anyone want's to listen before the next one.

On again tomorrow night with The White Hag, buy a growler for access

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

On again tomorrow night with The White Hag, buy a growler for access

How does buying the growler work? Is it a click and collect think?

How does buying the growler work? Is it a click and collect think?

Order online (select €5 deposit on your first order) then select a collection time between 4 and 7 Thursday, Friday or Saturday. They've added a few new whiskey tasting flights as well.

adaminho wrote: »
    Order online (select €5 deposit on your first order) then select a collection time between 4 and 7 Thursday, Friday or Saturday. They've added a few new whiskey tasting flights as well.

Sounds interesting, I'd like to do one of those talks. Whats the quality of the beer like coming out of the growler after a few hours? Would it be very flat? What quantity is in a growler, don't see it on the Macs site?

• Advertisement

Sounds interesting, I'd like to do one of those talks. Whats the quality of the beer like coming out of the growler after a few hours? Would it be very flat? What quantity is in a growler, don't see it on the Macs site?

It will hold for 7 days unopened or 2 days opened. They're 1 litre bottles (about 2 pints)

It will hold for 7 days unopened or 2 days opened. They're 1 litre bottles (about 2 pints)

Thanks for the info!

What a brilliant episode!

On again tomorrow with Lineman.

Indeed - got my growlers this evening

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Anyone else signed up for the Paddy's Day whiskey tasting event?

I didnt go in for it although I love a whiskey

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

Anyone else signed up for the Paddy's Day whiskey tasting event?

I never knew they were doing this, where are they advertising these?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,832 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

tweek84 wrote: »
    I never knew they were doing this, where are they advertising these?

They had it on Twitter and Instagram over the last few weeks, but it sold out last Wednesday.

They had it on Twitter and Instagram over the last few weeks, but it sold out last Wednesday.

I think that's as close as we'll get to a Boardsie meet up for a while!

• Advertisement

I think that's as close as we'll get to a Boardsie meet up for a while!

I think I counted 4 of us from this forum, but there are definitely a few other whiskey drinkers here who've never revealed their real identities!

There are only 4 left for the Rum tasting on Good Friday if anyone hasn't got one yet.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Looks like I got the second last one...

Damn - missed out on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

The national championships in freestyle Kayaking have been moved to the Curraghgower wave in the middle of Limerick city this Saturday at 10:30. Some of the best freestylers in Europe/Ireland will be competing.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

Anything interesting going on this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Anyone visited King John's Castle recently? Are visitors required book the €13 "Visitor Experience" or can you just go in and wander round on your own?

We have a guest who wants to visit the castle. I did visit about 30 years ago and it was about 2 quid then.

Edit: confusing website, thought it was €26 per person, but it's just €13 pp.

Post edited by Louche Lad on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Update on this in case someone else is searching for info: we went along, didn't have to pre book, and found it's a self-guided tour. I think it's worth the €13 pp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Paddico

Good to see some new posts on here again

Advertisement