Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ultimate Battle of Mexico

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tamaulipas. Because they even went to the trouble of adding in ripples in the water beside the boat in the bottom left. Plus the white yoke in the bottom right looks like the back end of a horribly distended cow.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I've no idea what Sinaloa is. Tamaulipas is recognisable, even if they need art lessons - that fish is ****ing huge, and should be in the sea, not on it. But I'll vote Tamaulipas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Sinaloa. Joined by the daughter and we both agree. Like the shape and the colour.
    Also smoking deer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Two pretty mad flags but I’ll go for Sinaloa for the dinosaur having a shower and the deer smoking weed/vaping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Barna77

Sinaloa.
    The hungry eagle. And don't mess with the cartels....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Less than 5 minutes, can we get a tie breaker?

No tie-breaker came within the allotted time. Since everybody gave a reason, I'm gonna choose my favorite answer to split them up, which is:
    Zaph wrote: »
    Tamaulipas. Because they even went to the trouble of adding in ripples in the water beside the boat in the bottom left. Plus the white yoke in the bottom right looks like the back end of a horribly distended cow.

Tamaulipas advances to the quarter finals

Join us tomorrow for the quarter finals, semi finals and the final folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Thanks Mack. Have a good evening.

Thanks for that. Will be here tomorrow .

• Advertisement

Quarter finals going live in 30 minutes

Gonna stick with a 20 minute time limit for the quarter final and, again, reasons used will be taken on board in the event of a tie. The draw has been made and two colourful efforts have been put together in our opening bout. Hard one to call.

My personal favourite Guerrero (the Aztec warrior in jaguar attire) features in the second bout so I'll be keen to keep an eye on the voting there. It seems Chihuahua has had a bit of a cult following so far, will that be enough to take it into the Final 4?

We go live in just over 10 minutes.

Jalisco

State Capital: Guadalajara

thumb2-flag-of-jalisco-4k-silk-flag-mexican-state-jalisco-flag.jpg

VS

Tlaxcala

State Capital: Tlaxcala

thumb2-flag-of-tlaxcala-4k-silk-flag-mexican-state-tlaxcala-flag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Jalisco

The hungry lions trying to get the kid hiding in the tree (I presume), a funky knight. And this tournament is probably the closest the Roscommon flag will ever get to winning something

Tlaxcala. I like the blue and yellow of the other one, but the pair of skulls at the bottom just add an air of menace that so many others seem reluctant to want to convey.

Tlaxcala
    I like both so tough decision. Also the flag is full of references to Spain ;)

Tlaxcala Tidy, uncluttered

Jalisco

It is composed from the sea and sand in blue and yellow
    The state emblem is at the centre. The shield shows two lions rampant around a golden tree, on a blue field. It has a golden outline charged with seven red crosses. Above the shield is a closed helmet with blue and yellow mantling. The crest is a red flag with a golden Jerusalem cross.

Tlaxcala advances to the semi final

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It is composed from the sea and sand in blue and yellow The state emblem is at the centre. The shield shows two lions rampant around a golden tree, on a blue field. It has a golden outline charged with seven red crosses. Above the shield is a closed helmet with blue and yellow mantling. The crest is a red flag with a golden Jerusalem cross.

Wasn't gonna vote but KG convinced me with this

Jalisco for the lions

• Advertisement

Chiapas

State Capital: Tuxta Gutiérrez

thumb2-flag-of-chiapas-4k-silk-flag-mexican-state-chiapas-flag.jpg

VS

Guerrero

State Capital: Chilpancingo

thumb2-flag-of-guerrero-4k-silk-flag-mexican-state-guerrero-flag.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Both nice, but Guerrero

Headdress beats crown
    Dude wearing a big cat into a fight, it's just cool

Guerrero - more of a native symbol opposed to the colonial yoke from Chiapas.

Both nice but Chiapas the lion stuck on the wrong side of the river.

The Warrior (Guerrero)
    Jaguar knight and shield

Tamaulipas
    The flag of the state of Tamaulipas is, like most current Mexican state flags, the coat of arms centred on a white field.
    The coat of arms of Tamaulipas consists of four sections, three of which represent the main activities of the state, agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing and oil production. In the middle of the upper sections there's the Coat of Don José de Escandón, first governor of Nuevo Santander. On the lower section there's also Cerro del Bernal, icon of the State

Guerrero
    The flag of the state of Guerrero is, like most current Mexican state flags, the coat of arms centered on a white field.
    The coat of arms of Guerrero was adopted in 1951. Its shield is charged with a Jaguar warrior; the crest shows an Aztec headdress.

For me it's Guerrero
    I love the jaguar warrior and the Aztec headdress

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Guerrero

Viva La Raza!

Guerrero, Jaguar Man, the Mexican superhero we never knew we needed.

Guerrero advances to the semi final

• Advertisement

Coahuila

State Capital: Saltillo

thumb2-flag-of-coahuila-4k-silk-flag-mexican-state-coahuila-flag.jpg

VS

Tamaulipas

State Capital: Ciudad Victoria

thumb2-flag-of-tamaulipas-4k-silk-flag-mexican-state-tamaulipas-flag.jpg

Advertisement