Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SEPA Transfer to Kraken

• 25-02-2021 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭

I am trying to do a SEPA transfer to Kraken.

Kraken insist on a specific reference to be populated.

The PTSB reference field has a lesser number of characters than the length of the required Kraken reference so I can't use PTSB.

The KBC reference field length is fine but it rejects the dot in the Kraken reference as an unacceptable character so I can't use KBC.

I have read online that you cannot use Revolut to transfer to Kraken.

Has anyone found ways around these issues?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

I'm new to Crypto in general, but I did do my first SEPA transfer from BOI to Kraken in the last few days, so I can tell you how it went for me.

There was a similar problem with the Reference Field not having enough space. I removed the spaces, but the '.' (dot) was then rejected.

In the end I gave the 16 (I think) digit code and 'kakencom' as a single string in the Reference. BOI allows you send an optional message, so I gave the full, properly formatted reference in that.

I tried a €5 transfer first (using Sepa Fidor) and that transferred in a day. I then transferred a larger amount, which has also deposited now, though BOI Security did call to confirm it.

Hope that helps. Definitely go small first, whatever you try.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Kumpic

Had the same problem with KBC yesterday so I ended up with "krake" at the end of reference I think. Payment went throught without any problem today, I guess numbers before "kraken.com" are the important ones :cool:

Edit: sorry, it was BOI actually, not KBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

JTMan wrote: »
    I am trying to do a SEPA transfer to Kraken.

Kraken insist on a specific reference to be populated.

The PTSB reference field has a lesser number of characters than the length of the required Kraken reference so I can't use PTSB.

The KBC reference field length is fine but it rejects the dot in the Kraken reference as an unacceptable character so I can't use KBC.

I have read online that you cannot use Revolut to transfer to Kraken.

Has anyone found ways around these issues?

Thanks.

Put your full reference in the comment section when doing transfer on TSB
    Edit : on Open24, it's called [Personal note (optional)]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Thanks all.

I will try to personal note on Open24.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

JTMan wrote: »
    Thanks all.

I will try to personal note on Open24.

Cheers.

So it will look like this (I've replaced my reference number with ABCD )

AAAA BBBB CCCC DDDD kraken.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

I have used KBC no problem by just leaving out the dot

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Daithi40

franman wrote: »
    I have used KBC no problem by just leaving out the dot

yep same worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tuesday_Girl

I had the same thing, was advised by Kraken support to leave out one of the spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bombay1982

dcividini wrote: »
    Had the same problem with KBC yesterday so I ended up with "krake" at the end of reference I think. Payment went throught without any problem today, I guess numbers before "kraken.com" are the important ones :cool:

Edit: sorry, it was BOI actually, not KBC.

Same here, lot of transfers done without any issues just from KBC

Advertisement