Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Are the ship and the storm getting closer?

I played Warzone for a couple of hours last night and thought the storm had got closer alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I played Warzone for a couple of hours last night and thought the storm had got closer alright

I guess we'll find out for season 2. Probably a ship carrying a load of BLOPS guns that will absolutely melt everyone else for 2 months before they do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

paw patrol wrote: »
    how do you check your recent KDR?
    I can only see my all time

codtracker.com for the stats obssessed

beaten to it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

wzranked is probably better for KD over time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Are the ship and the storm getting closer?

Yeah I hear its moving closer everyday, I presume it will crash into the map on launch day.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Advertisement

So just did my first drop on the new ship there. The plane line went about as far from the ship as is possible. So ended up with quite a funny long drop onto it.

It's fine, not that big. But it adds something to an area of the map that had nothing.
    1. They removed the car from Gulag, improving the balance of it somewhat.
    2. The floor loot has changed, it seems to be mostly CW weapons now, the base level FFAR is still there and still slaying though.
    3. The subway and the code based bunkers appear to have been closed.
    4. The gas now does more damage the longer you are in it, nullifying future stim glitches.
    5. The monuments are open, but I have not been in yet.

I'm surprised you're not reporting invisible helicopters and that the stim glitch is back. There's no way they didn't break a multitude of things with the update.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'm surprised you're not reporting invisible helicopters and that the stim glitch is back. There's no way they didn't break a multitude of things with the update.

I only dropped into two games, and I didn't last long. So there is still time!

Do we really have to watch the ship crashing cut scene every time we want to jump into a game?!

Do we really have to watch the ship crashing cut scene every time we want to jump into a game?!

Just for the first two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Are the zombies only in the ship? I also downloaded the free access week but still doesn't seem to actually let me play any of the zombie games.

antodeco wrote: »
    Are the zombies only in the ship? I also downloaded the free access week but still doesn't seem to actually let me play any of the zombie games.

Looks like there are more panels that aren't yet active. So might expand to more places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I haven't really played Warzone since Cold War came out. I've had to uninstall and reinstall CW as l haven't been able to get into for a few days. That 'new' Gulag is a nightmare for me. I fluked a win with a sniper but other than that, killed every single time.

Gigs '21 - Stendhal Festival (July), Stendhal Festival (August), [s]Liam Gallagher & Idles[/s], King Kong Company, Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs, The Undertones, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '22 - And So I Watch You From Afar, Teenage Fanclub, Mogwai, Stendhal Festival, The Fratellis, Clutch, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Electric Picnic, Vantastival, The Cure, And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '23 - Stiff Little Fingers, The Wood Burning Savages, Bob Log III, David Kitt, Ludovico Einaudi, DADDY LONG LEGS, The Prodigy, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, The Murder Capital, PJ Harvey, The Bonnevilles (w/Amy Montgomery, Rews, New Pagans), The Undertones (w/Buzzcocks), And So I Watch You From Afar

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

BR win 19 this weekend. Duos with the brother. Pretty easy. Started in the Hills and ended up in Quarry after doing a few missions. Game was about 1/2 an hour, five kills each but got into a great spot and the circle was brilliant for us. It's great when your totally average and the game helps you out. Brother's pretty handy actually and got great double kill sniping near the end, at least one team from the final five choked in the gas and I picked off the stragglers.

Got killed by my loadout falling on top of me off a container in the port. Had no idea that could happen.

yeah there's a load of videos of lads R9ing their cp onto one of their team mates. not as dangerous as poisonous snakes or the ladder in the fire station but you do have to be wary of them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

new season and AGAIN its like I've never played before :(

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

paw patrol wrote: »
    new season and AGAIN its like I've never played before :(

It's the opposite for me surprisingly, not winning but getting loads of kills

I had 7 in a solo last night

played a lot with my brother and it's hilarious as we're two very different type of players. if he goes down, i'll make a beeline for him running through a hail of bullets, crashing through doors and windows in a doomed attempt to get him up. If I go down he uses my crawling body as a distraction to make his escape.

there's a five second window when i die that i really want to kill him. i've always been a healer / reviver in games even when it's not the play. can't train it out of me or into him.

first game we won we were playing with a random and near the end the random went down in a ridiculous spot nowhere near cover. went out got him up (3 times on our way back to cover) and then he got killed a few minutes later. 99/100 that would have been the end of us but can't help myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

gimli2112 wrote: »
    played a lot with my brother and it's hilarious as we're two very different type of players. if he goes down, i'll make a beeline for him running through a hail of bullets, crashing through doors and windows in a doomed attempt to get him up. If I go down he uses my crawling body as a distraction to make his escape.

there's a five second window when i die that i really want to kill him. i've always been a healer / reviver in games even when it's not the play. can't train it out of me or into him.

first game we won we were playing with a random and near the end the random went down in a ridiculous spot nowhere near cover. went out got him up (3 times on our way back to cover) and then he got killed a few minutes later. 99/100 that would have been the end of us but can't help myself

Theres nothing quite like the rage I feel building, when I've been killed, and my teammate keeps looting away even though he's gathered enough to buy me back.

worse still, is when they do it when you'd have time to grab your loadout or collect your gear from where you died, but they faff around for so long, the gas pushes in. - also, just to add, this is a regular friend, not a rando!

for me, any time a teammate goes down, the first priority is to get them back unless its definitely not achievable or too late game.

• Advertisement

I've had two of the most frustrating end games ever today.

First time I was final 3 and third partying the other fight. A roze skin in a dark room shooting out. I fired in, and I genuinely would have landed my shots but just couldn't see the skin properly. I was still in a much better position, but panicked and took out a precision airstrike, the Roze rushed out and I had no gun to kill it.

Edit: Here is the video, I reviewed it to see if I actually should have done better. Played at full speed for fairness, but zoomed a little. I just hate that damn skin.

Second game was almost worse. Again I was in the final 3, we were arranged in open ground near farmland in a perfect triangle. I downed the guy on the left, once he was down I hit him about 4 times with the AMAX so he was definitely one shot. Then the guy on the right rushes me before I can finish him. I broke his armour and got 4 more hit marks, so he was also definitely one shot when he downs me. I go to self res, he finishes me on the ground and as he does gets shot by the first guy.

Unbelievably frustrating to have a 3 player ending like that do all the damage and not get the win. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Back into playing warzone. Only issue is the lack of comms with randomers.. or if they are on comms its roaring in Italian..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The frustration for me is when I when playing quads and I survive. I go and either do a supply run or a most wanted, and they all quit out.

Also annoying when you hit someone 5/6 times in the head and they're still going. Then they down you with one shot to the leg. The inconsistency of damage etc is very very frustrating. Really notice it in Gulag

I hate that whenever I engage out in the open and am getting the upper hand there's always some f**king tree, rock or unusual random object for the other dude to hide behind, whereas when I'm in trouble, nada just miles and miles of open plains.

I do get that thing of inconsistency of damage. I just put it down to connection and my bad reflexes

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So i downloaded Black Ops free trial and tried the MP, it was grand. Uninstalled it and installed Warzone instead. Turns out i never actually played out and i was remembering modern warfare multiplayer.

I only did the tutorial for the battle royale mode but was a good laugh, looking forward to giving it a proper go especially with a squad as I'm usually shyte solo.

Any tips for battle royale other than stay inside in white circle? Is it important to do contracts or is that just to boost your player with money/gear?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So i downloaded Black Ops free trial and tried the MP, it was grand. Uninstalled it and installed Warzone instead. Turns out i never actually played out and i was remembering modern warfare multiplayer.

I only did the tutorial for the battle royale mode but was a good laugh, looking forward to giving it a proper go especially with a squad as I'm usually shyte solo.

Any tips for battle royale other than stay inside in white circle? Is it important to do contracts or is that just to boost your player with money/gear?

Have your loadouts ready. Buy plates and UAVs whenever you can. Supply Runs aren't worth much in solos. Always carry a self revive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Have your loadouts ready. Buy plates and UAVs whenever you can. Supply Runs aren't worth much in solos. Always carry a self revive.

Be prepared to be incredibly frustrated while also getting addicted :P

I never worry about self revive, in solos particularly chances are you'll be finished off. It is useful if you're killed from afar. Definitely have your loadouts ready with the ones you need at the top or bottom so you can get them quick. Know which guns are good and you can do well with.

I always run Ghost and EOD. I'll generally run Shrapnel as I'm a d**khead with claymores but amped is probably the better option especially if running a launcher.

There's no real golden rules (except possibly loadouts are life), find what you like and do well with. My brother swears by smoke grenades and High Alert but I can't stand them. What works for someone may not be necessarily for you. I love the VAL and have done well with it but can't kill anyone if they're 30 feet away.

Scavanger is good for money to get loadouts early, Bounties if you're good and Recon can give you a huge advantage if you do 3-4 of them. They are risk and reward but are worth doing without obsessing about them. The more you do the bigger the bonus you get on completion.

Solos can be very intense, I find it hard to play a lot of them consecutively. It does get more campy the less grouped up people are. Quads for instance is the least campy.

Try find an area you like dropping in (not superstore) to get used to it, the local layout, where things are and once you know it move on.

I found BR's very daunting but Warzone almost immediately accessible and fun. You'll be at a disadvantage as people have been playing it for a year. Don't stress out if things aren't going well (says someone who flips out when he's killed), eventually SBMM will take care of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, had my first game of Warzone, jumped into a 4 squad with randoms. I killed someone straight away which I was proud of. 1 of the squad quit and then 2 of us got killed. Went to the Gulag where I didn't know what was going on! Died in my fight and spectating the last squad guy. He was running around like a headless chicken in circles from room to room. I had to quit eventually as it was boring to watch and I didn't get any xp. Do you have to wait until your whole squad either dies or wins before getting xp?

Tried a solo game, again killed a guy straight away, found some sweet loot and got killed fairly quick but ranked up to level 5 so that was nice. Still no idea what's going on but I imagine it's much better with a squad of fwends.

Great tips above lads, much appreciated.

• Advertisement

the frustration factor is significantly multiplied when playing with randoms.
    Expect
    - people screaming at you in strange languages
    - silence
    - bleeding out and team mates running past you
    - unfair criticism
    - people doing their own thing and being all over the map
    - people quitting mid game when something goes wrong
    and it's much worse with randoms

I've got to final circles with randoms, won some minis and won some with randoms in the party but it's the roll of a dice. You really need a party, although it does add to the tension as you don't want to screw up.

Advertisement