Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Salon owner arrested for opening

• 24-02-2021 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

(moved to Coronavirus)

I'm sure people have seen this already a salon owner arrested for opening. I think businesses should open by now it's ridiculous and she was following the mask wearing the hand sanitizing, the social distancing etc etc. The selective policing going on at the moment is incredible. Black lifes matter protests can gather in their hundreds indeed you can have one of them very publicly call for gardai to be killed to rapturous applause and screams of approval to people rubbing off each other packed tightly together and hey ho it's fine. What about hundreds literally centimetres between each other praying in Mosques? Hey ho it's fine. Gardai dancing around like eejits on beaches? Hey ho it's fine. But a little lady opening a small business with social distancing, mask wearing, hand sanitizing and max 2 yes TWO just 2 measly people in at a time and God forbid that's not allowed? WHAT?????

Where is the sense? Come on like! I can think of tons of things where people are packed tightly together not just BLM protests etc she must certainly should be allowed open.

Shes not some criminal shes a small business owner trying to stay open.

https://www.sundayworld.com/news/iri...-40127015.html

https://www.newstalk.com/news/dublin...ckdown-1155360

Comments

Just on that last point, shes a criminal fyi

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

She is a criminal, in that she broke the law. If she can go out and do her things, then so can everyone else. It's unfortunate, but we don't get to choose which laws we follow, and which ones are OK to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Broke the law, arrested.

No issue I can see.

MarkR wrote: »
    we don't get to choose which laws we follow, and which ones are OK to break.

Yes, we do. We just have to decide which laws are unethical enough for us to risk the penalty for breaking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's such a crap situation when you are forced to shut your business for weeks/ months but the government has made provisions for her to not starve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

tbh - her opening up is whatever.

It's the morons going in there are as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Footage of Ms McTiernan opening her business was streamed live on the Yellow Vest Ireland Facebook account this morning with anti-lockdown activist Ben Gilroy seen by Ms McTiernan’s side as she delivered a statement to the media.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40231952.html

A total setup by Gilroy and the Yellow Vesters

Nothing to see here

Delighted to see posters on Reddit Ireland are reporting the GoFundMe set up to pay her legal fees

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Woman breaks law and is subsequently punished for breaking law. Not much to discuss here tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40231952.html

A total setup by Gilroy and the Yellow Vesters

Nothing to see here

Delighted to see posters on Reddit Ireland are reporting the GoFundMe set up to pay her legal fees

Completely agree.
    And she's the fool allowing her business to be tarnished by this.
    Dangerous morons, the lot of them.
    The nature of her business means the majority of the treatments have to be done either without masks or getting extremely up close and personal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,095 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Going full martyr for Gilroy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,318 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Fool breaks law
    Fool prosecuted

No issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Woman breaks law and is subsequently punished for breaking law. Not much to discuss here tbh.

But the laws are absurd and so selectively policed.

Like if their was a law against walking you telling me you be going around in a wheelchair? Law against eating solid food you be on the liquids?

At what point do you think it gets insanely absurd and draconian?? Do you have no line at all????

So any law could come in and you obey it?

Also no one is pointing out the Mosgues and Black lifes matter protests etc etc that have people packed like sardines and not one peep from Gardai?

Double standards much??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,838 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I was joking that my wife who is German would had made a good Nazi because she is scrupulous when it comes to following the law, she agreed lol. As the nun said to the goodie two shoes girl in Derry Girls, "sometimes you need to learn to push back!"
    Irish people used to be good at pushing back, buying contraceptives up in Belfast back in the day springs to mind to undermine the law. This is similar

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Cue members of the Yellow Vesters posting here in 3 ... 2 .....

They stand out a mile

There is no social distance in hairdressing. It is literally hands on!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

But the laws are absurd and so selectively policed.

Like if their was a law against walking you telling me you be going around in a wheelchair? Law against eating solid food you be on the liquids?

At what point do you think it gets insanely absurd and draconian?? Do you have no line at all????

So any law could come in and you obey it?

Also no one is pointing out the Mosgues and Black lifes matter protests etc etc that have people packed like sardines and not one peep from Gardai?

Double standards much??

I don't think the laws are currently insane or draconian tbh. We're living in a global pandemic. I know that's an inconvenient fact, but it's the truth. Restrictions were loosened at Christmas and we all saw what happened there. ICU is still under a lot of pressure and the situation is precarious.

I agree about BLM protests and other large gatherings though, but at the very least they're outdoors. Don't know enough about mosques to give an informed opinion tbh. All I saw was one video on Facebook which I'm assuming was an isolated incident. Should it be a regular thing then of course that should be stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's quite easy for beauticians and hairdressers to operate behind closed doors and we all know some do. She didn't do it because she needs to put bread on the table, it was a publicity stunt. She got her 15 minutes of fame.

Btw I feel hugely sorry for people who can't open but no patience for this sort of nonsense.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

OP I already advised you that you can discuss this incident in one of the many threads here - there is no requirement for a thread for this standalone incident.

I would also advise you to amend your posting style - this sort of ranting, agenda filled OP has no place here.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement