Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athletics 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Chivito550 wrote: »
    English and Mageean always have a shout when it comes to European medals.

Mageean has been quite inconsistent recently. Even last year, several stellar performances were followed by mediocre to poor runs. Hopefully, she shows up in Toruń with her A-game.

I may be way off, but I have a gut feeling that Andrew Coscoran or one of the 800m girls might do some damage.

Would love to see Phil Healy do well in the 400m, but she’s really up against it with Femke Bol and Lieke Klaver, both of whom are phenomenal talents. That’s before we even consider the Poles like Swiety-Ersetic. I wonder will Phil Healy ever come close to challenging Joanne Cuddihy’s outdoor 400m national record?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hamachi wrote: »
    Mageean has been quite inconsistent recently. Even last year, several stellar performances were followed by mediocre to poor runs. Hopefully, she shows up in Toruń with her A-game.

I may be way off, but I have a gut feeling that Andrew Coscoran or one of the 800m girls might do some damage.

Would love to see Phil Healy do well in the 400m, but she’s really up against it with Femke Bol and Lieke Klaver, both of whom are phenomenal talents. That’s before we even consider the Poles like Swiety-Ersetic. I wonder will Phil Healy ever come close to challenging Joanne Cuddihy’s outdoor 400m national record?

Don’t know if Phil will. She seems to focus more on the 100/200 outdoors but 60m indoors might be just too short for her.

I would love to see Healy and Ciara Neville just compete against each other for the coming years. That has potential to be a phenomenal rivalry because both of them just keep getting quicker.

I honestly believe Neville has a sub-11 in her. Maybe not now but I can’t see why at 21, with the rate she’s progressing, that she can’t at least knock on the door.

Davicia Patterson is probably best placed to challenge Cuddihy’s record.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Faugheen wrote: »
    Also on TG4

No TG4 in The Netherlands!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Possibly a daft question but does anyone know if the commentary will be in Irish???

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Possibly a daft question but does anyone know if the commentary will be in Irish???

My educated guess would be that it will be as Gaeilge

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hurdles1

Hamachi wrote: »

Nadia power definitely has a medal chance in 800mts. After a number of races this season she is in tip top condition . Shes an astute racer and will handle the rounds, Jemma Reekie will probably start favourite and will be hard to beat keely Hodgekinson fastest on paper so far but is still very young athlete after that wide open for medals. Its a pity Addidas havnt the New spikes out yet..

hurdles1 wrote: »
    Nadia power definitely has a medal chance in 800mts. After a number of races this season she is in tip top condition . Shes an astute racer and will handle the rounds, Jemma Reekie will probably start favourite and will be hard to beat keely Hodgekinson fastest on paper so far but is still very young athlete after that wide open for medals. Its a pity Addidas havnt the New spikes out yet..

Jemma Reekie wasn’t selected by Team GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭hurdles1

OOnegative wrote: »

Great chance so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Any reason why?

Any reason why?

No, none given in what I’ve read.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

No, none given in what I’ve read.

Wonder did she decide to give it a miss and focus on the big one.

Wonder did she decide to give it a miss and focus on the big one.

I imagine so. I read an interview with Laura Muir in which she stated that she always runs a light indoor program in Olympic year.

Given that Gemma Reekie is also coached by Andy Young, I assume the same rationale applies here.

hurdles1 wrote: »
    Great chance so...

I’m not so sure. Keely Hodgekinson is far more talented than Nadia Power. If she gets her tactics right, she’ll blow her away.

I also wouldn’t bet against Joana Joswik. She’s a smart racer and is coming back into form after a long injury-related hiatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Is Sarah Healy injured at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

No TG4 in The Netherlands!!!

On Eurosport also..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I think if you are watching it, then watch it on TG4 .....

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TeaTotal

Anyone know if this can be streamed? Housemate is working in the sitting room until 6 ( otherwise I'll have to boot him out).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

TeaTotal wrote: »
    Anyone know if this can be streamed? Housemate is working in the sitting room until 6 ( otherwise I'll have to boot him out).

I'm pretty sure there's a TG4 app but not sure if they're livestreaming it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭wgtomblin

TeaTotal wrote: »

Live stream details:

https://www.worldathletics.org/competitions/world-athletics-indoor-tour/news/how-to-watch-world-athletics-indoor-tour-meet

Edit: sorry, it says it is blocked in Ireland, probably due to TG4 rights.
    TG4 live stream:
    https://www.tg4.ie/en/irish-tv-schedule/daily-schedule/

Thanks all.

How will Coscoran get on this evening? Glad to see there is a smaller field than his recent races. Should be easier to run the race on his own terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Lavin!8.14 great stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

Any one know where I can get the Euro rankings?

I can't find it anywhere - and any google searches just lands me back at the https://european-athletics.com/ home page.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Grant Holloway 7.34 in the semi final. WR to come later?!

Any one know where I can get the Euro rankings?

I can't find it anywhere - and any google searches just lands me back at the https://european-athletics.com/ home page.

Don't know if this is what you're looking for, but:

https://www.worldathletics.org/records/toplists/sprints/60-metres/indoor/men/senior/2021

That's the top lists in terms of time/distance. You can alter it so it shows Europe only.

You can get the actual 'rankings' here, again you can adjust for event and region.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

2:01.55 for Nadia Power

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Very respectable showing for Power. Very consistent this year. Hope she carries it over into the outdoors.

• Advertisement

She went with the pace. She looked to struggle last 150 or so. 56 at 400m

Advertisement