Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Registration query

Options
  • 23-02-2021 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hello,I am looking to get a registration for a vintage tractor which came in from Northern ireland,Vintage ireland said that i have to just write the name,serial,engine number etc and send to my local tax office which is Co.Cavan,Can anyone tell me if the cavan office is open ,And what the cost is,Thanks guys

Comments

You need to VRT it in the usual way, through the NCTS, for a flat fee of €200. Have you the V5 or equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

You need to VRT it in the usual way, through the NCTS, for a flat fee of €200. Have you the V5 or equivalent?[/QUOT

No i dont mate

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

seamus1980 wrote: »

No i dont mate

Can't see this ending well.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Dirty Nails

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hello,I am looking to get a registration for a vintage tractor which came in from Northern ireland,Vintage ireland said that i have to just write the name,serial,engine number etc and send to my local tax office which is Co.Cavan,Can anyone tell me if the cavan office is open ,And what the cost is,Thanks guys

Unless it was re-registered in this country or originally an Irish tractor that wasn't re-reg'd in the north,how would Cavan Co Co know anything about it?

You need to VRT it in the usual way, through the NCTS, for a flat fee of €200. Have you the V5 or equivalent?

ASFAIK,Plus the penalty if the receipt has an old date.
    That's what they done to me anyway.

• Advertisement

Can't see this ending well.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Does the tractor have any registration number?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

OP if you have no V5C , you will have huge problems registering it.

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Does the tractor have any registration number?

This is the important part - was it even registered in NI?

Advertisement