Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

The scope is such a mad invention. Not content with a handgun as they already had the zapper, they went and made a full on rpg launcher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Inviere wrote: »
    The scope is such a mad invention. Not content with a handgun as they already had the zapper, they went and made a full on rpg launcher

It is a ridiculous thing :)
    I was going to do the full devo gun mod from the Super Mario Bros movie, but couldn't bring myself to do it.

hQxEbwZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Remember Sega released the 'Menacer' after Nintendo released the Super Scope?
    Sad to say I've never play either

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't think either the MD and Snes guns really had any decent games, compared to the NES/Famicom Zapper that preceded it and the Guncon/Virtua Gun that followed.
    That said, Lethal Enforcers on the MegaCD wasn't bad

• Registered Users Posts: 34,367 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Remember Sega released the 'Menacer' after Nintendo released the Super Scope?
    Sad to say I've never play either

Same here! They've been floating around in the wild all these years since release and I've never picked either one up.

To me The Super Scope is still as good in my mind as it was in the ads I saw for it on TV back in the day, probably best if stays that way :D

I wonder did they go with the scope idea just to make it less gun like? Sure is a far cry from the likes of the big Dirty Harry Justifier
    /Pacifiers on the Megadrive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wasn't the original gun for the Famicom more like a classic revolver?
    Yup, it was, according to this at least... and now I want one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Silent Hill box is a bit squashed but all the cheaper ones I've seen had a tear somewhere so I can't complain too much. Some Rockstar goodies in there too since I'm a fanboy.

It was my birthday last week so don't judge my purchases too much, there was money to burn :D

Dj1GHHC.jpg

R3BeMKs.jpg

Master of the Universe

First time I've heard of that Silent Hill GBA release, really interesting stuff. I see it goes for quite the tidy sum indeed!

Any idea why? I generally find anything that's text heavy and Japanese tends to be on the cheaper side of things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,776 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    First time I've heard of that Silent Hill GBA release, really interesting stuff. I see it goes for quite the tidy sum indeed!

Any idea why? I generally find anything that's text heavy and Japanese tends to be on the cheaper side of things.

It's a visual novel and they usually sell feck all copies. So couple that with rabid western fan base buying it up to complete a fairly easy to obtain collection and the price goes stupid high for a game the vast majority of buyers can't even play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I never see it in anyone's collection on the Silent Hill subreddit and quite a few fans aren't even aware of it, there's also a translation rom and several playthroughs on YouTube for people to see it so I'd be surprised if there was much interest in buying it at all especially since it's a play novel, expensive and on a different system to the rest of the series.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was more people buying it to complete their GBA NTSC collection rather than fans.

I'm sure people's opinions of owning Japanese games will differ. I've played the translation so I treat it as if it's any other game that I want to own even if it means it will collect dust because I have to use the rom. If someone wanted to buy it just because it was expensive or wanted to complete their collection without playing it then that's a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wasn't the original gun for the Famicom more like a classic revolver?
    Yup, it was, according to this at least... and now I want one!

Might come in handy up there in North Dublin! :P

That reminds me, I brought a lightgun upto Dublin also for the beers a few years back, for protection of course! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

O7ajyHq.jpg

MLZdEXX.jpg

Picked this up for a bargin the other day. 100% worth breaking the 5k rule. It hasn't been turned on in years according to the seller. Everything looks pretty good. Have to get some bolts to get it all assembled now.

I really need a month off work and about €2000 to get the arcade all 100%. Maybe I should start a gofundme :p

Master of the Universe

All of those Lego skills from your childhood are about to become very useful again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,211 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Picked this up for a bargin the other day. 100% worth breaking the 5k rule. It hasn't been turned on in years according to the seller. Everything looks pretty good. Have to get some bolts to get it all assembled now.

I really need a month off work and about €2000 to get the arcade all 100%. Maybe I should start a gofundme :p
    Ooo, what type candy cab is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Picked up a Black PSP Street for €50 last week. Just got round to trying it out this morning. Jesus I love it! So much better than the pspgo and the screen is great, no ghosting. Feels great in the hands.

Only down side in mono speaker and no WiFi, but that doesn't matter to me.

Have a 3000 but the screen bugged me over the years so I never really played it.
    Loving all the retro compilations and shoot'em ups on this thing.

Lazersteak HQ looking like a bomb went off......

You should see my arcade, I can hardly get in the door.

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Ooo, what type candy cab is it?

Another cyberlead

Lazersteak HQ looking like a bomb went off......

You should see my arcade, I can hardly get in the door.

It's in shambles at the moment. In the process of cleaning it up. Have to get the house sorted out first though. Walls knocked to extend the kitchen. Whole place is a mess of cardboard and ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Cyberleads coming out the woodwork, nice!

Did up a neogeo 4 slot today, had been waiting on these metal stickers to arrive from Poland. Not the easiest thing to apply but they come out looking very nice indeed.

Of course I put too much butter on my hands today and while measuring the placement my hand slipped and the sticker went down. And once they're down they're down, so it's slightly, slightly, slightly off-centre and it's going to haunt me until the end of time! Got lucky it wasn't worse I suppose.

IMG-20210225-170743-8.jpg

Master of the Universe

I always wondered how folks did that, I thought it was sprayed, came out looking really well!

Have you ever had a six slot? I had one of them for years, monster of a yolk - all the slots actually worked in it too which is quite something.

Sold it in the end when I went down the candy cab road as it actually wouldnt fit in them it was so big :eek:

• Advertisement

I often get holographic stickers printer for lazer steak stuff. They really give a professional look to stuff like that i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

o1s1n wrote: »
    I always wondered how folks did that, I thought it was sprayed, came out looking really well!

Have you ever had a six slot? I had one of them for years, monster of a yolk - all the slots actually worked in it too which is quite something.

Sold it in the end when I went down the candy cab road as it actually wouldnt fit in them it was so big :eek:

Yeah it came out well enough, I'm raging that the "mvs" part is out of alignment but what can you do?

I've seen 6-slots and yeah they're fairly large aul things, not supposed to be the most reliable I've heard??
    I often get holographic stickers printer for lazer steak stuff. They really give a professional look to stuff like that i think

Oh the shiny holographic stuff looks the part alright. These were advertised as "metal" which I thought was nonsense. But they were sticking to the back of my phone magnet so it must actually be a really thin metal. The real test is whether they're solidly on there or will come off from me throwing stuff about the place over time

Edit a picture in, just to show reflection

IMG-20210225-210240-9.jpg

Oh yeah you can get those 2. I have gotten brushed aluminum before and they are cool. Those are something different though if they are magnetic, so definitely legit metal. Probably cnc'd super thin material and then adhesive on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Been meaning to make one of these for a while, a 3D printed mini Vectrex. Just a little novelty thing for the shelf(as if I don't have enough of them already:)), but I quite like it. It came out a bit too perfect looking from the resin printer, so I sanded it with fine paper and a bit of matte clear coat helped with the slightly aged look.

63mm / 2.48 inches tall.
    Screen is just glossy photopaper and the cartridge label is printable silver foil sticker paper.

5ncwOc9.jpg

oVzc7bK.jpg

ZX2WvBO.jpg

Bootleg VGM vinyls are a big thing now Apparently

mCpWYFP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Bootleg VGM vinyls are a big thing now Apparently

mCpWYFP.jpg

Feck I'd buy that for the cover art alone, looks even more brutal than any of the covers of my Cannibal Corpse LP's.

tiny link

Pretty sure they just used that art without permission too haha

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/lemNa

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Oh my it’s been a while! Moved house a little while ago with a spare room so currently in the process of putting together a games room which means I’ve been starting to buy stuff again :pac:

Been wanting one of these for a while and seeing as postage has resumed from Japan I bought a cheap one from Yahoo auctions

FFA59-ABC-ECEE-4633-B835-26-A4655-EFAFA.jpg

Also got these during the week

95-B07590-4-BD1-4-AF2-9725-F2-D30332565-B.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

6-BB06754-A3-F3-4769-8531-F56-B63889-D8-C.jpg

This came today only took just over a month to get here , Also have some arcade goodness coming tomorrow after paying import fees on the board from the Uk .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Just arrived, handy to have set up by the tv in sitting room.

Advertisement