Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2022

Options
  • 23-02-2021 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Really digging the look of the new outlander

602d23b02edd0f001a8d6162?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

2022-mitsubishi-outlander-101-1613499030.jpg

2022-Mitsubishi-Outlander-Interior-768x512.jpg

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Is it for sale here? Thought they had pulled out of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

hurikane wrote: »

Yeah they pulled out of Europe. Only option would be to import one from Japan. Based on the new Nissan Xtrail platform so parts wouldn’t be too much of an issue.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Nice car in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Looks like a Citroen C5 Aircross and a Sassyong Koronda had an ugly love child

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I just don’t get Mitsubishi styling, which means it’s either really bad or really good.
    I’m leaning towards really bad.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I just don’t get Mitsubishi styling, which means it’s either really bad or really good.
    I’m leaning towards really bad.

I really don't kind their styling in general, I like the ASX for Christ's sake. I think they're actually on the verge of making good cars now but at the cost of selling them in Europe as there's no money to be made here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,557 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Looks like a Citroen C5 Aircross and a Sassyong Koronda had an ugly love child

Both them cars and this new Mitsubishi Outlander are much better styled and classier than any dull as dishwasher VAG product.
    Such a pity that the new Outlander is not coming here. I hope a load of them are imported from Japan so we can have something cool and unique on our roads instead of all the VW Audi garbage.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    Both them cars and this new Mitsubishi Outlander are much better styled and classier than any dull as dishwasher VAG product.
    Such a pity that the new Outlander is not coming here. I hope a load of them are imported from Japan so we can have something cool and unique on our roads instead of all the VW Audi garbage.

You really like the Eclipse Cross and the SsangYong Korrando as well though :D

Ms

You really like the Eclipse Cross and the SsangYong Korrando as well though :D

Ye the Eclipse Cross is a breath of fresh air and a great looker with a great interior just a pity they had no diesel and Hyprid version of it here and it might have done better.
    Believe it or not I actually prefer the Korrando the was out before the current model it had more style inside before it revamp and I will admit the dash in the current one is a bit strange but I still think it's a good car and the 1.6 diesel can tow 2 tonnes.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,154 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Nissan as 34% owners of Mitsubishi should sell a rebadged version of it in Europe, the phev version when that arrives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭sumo12

Marmite. I don't like it

Oh I never said they weren't, if it was bland as fook I'd have said it was a VAG off spring. :p

Ye the Eclipse Cross is a breath of fresh air and a great looker with a great interior just a pity they had no diesel and Hyprid version of it here and it might have done better. .

It could run on water and people still wouldn’t buy it.

Ms

hurikane wrote: »

Some hope that they might stay yet,

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/mitsubishi-could-restart-european-sales-report-suggests

Really hope it happens.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Sounds like it'll be for LHD markets only

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Yes I read something lately and thought it kind of lukewarm re their pull out. It was like as if they weren’t completely pulling the plug on Europe to the words of “at this time”. Mitsubishi was a great make once, they still have merit as a brand I feel with the Outlander, Phev and of course the L200 areas where they are still strong. The more choice we all have the better as far as I’m concerned

Ms

road_high wrote: »
    Yes I read something lately and thought it kind of lukewarm re their pull out. It was like as if they weren’t completely pulling the plug on Europe to the words of “at this time”. Mitsubishi was a great make once, they still have merit as a brand I feel with the Outlander, Phev and of course the L200 areas where they are still strong. The more choice we all have the better as far as I’m concerned

Yep the same here.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

I think the new outlander looks amazing. I would definitely buy it if I was in the market for a jeep. It's leaps and bounds ahead of its competitors imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Garbage? Have s day off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Nissan as 34% owners of Mitsubishi should sell a rebadged version of it in Europe, the phev version when that arrives.

They'll be selling the ariya in Europe, they've decided mitsubishi will cover the Japan and Asian market

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

They'll be selling the ariya in Europe, they've decided mitsubishi will cover the Japan and Asian market

Nissan only own 30% or so of Mitsubishi. It was Mitsubishi who called quits. I think they may reconsider though.

A simple customising tweak to the headlights makes it ever more striking

2022-mitsubishi-outlander-rendering-front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭freddieot

Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe in all black it would look oaky but I think this version looks terrible. It's a good design in general but I just can't accept that anyone could deliberately design the front to look like that.

I don’t think the people who designed the front had any involvement in the rest of it.

Ms

Garbage? Have s day off.

Ye ok I was been a bit harsh there. Not garbage just boring cars then.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That's a Nissan milk float on stilts, though isn't it?

Nissan aren't pulling out of Europe.

That's a Nissan milk float on stilts, though isn't it?

Nissan aren't pulling out of Europe.

The Ariya looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Will the 2022 Pathfinder from Nissan be available in Europe/Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,386 ✭✭✭✭road_high

As we predicted- Mitsubishi to stay in Europe
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/352852/mitsubishi-back-europe-new-renault-deal%3famp

Bit of a mess for their dealers- left hand drive only it spirals though

Have most of their dealers started selling MG now?

• Advertisement

Have most of their dealers started selling MG now?

In Ireland

Advertisement