Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FSA Dynasty NFL league (signup??)

• 05-01-2021 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,
    I've mentioned on another thread here that I'd like to set up an FSA Dynasty league, there was a redraft league here that seemed to be succesful. We're an intense fantasy crew here so I think this could be a brilliant league.
    In Dynasty you do a slow draft at the start, takes a couple of weeks and you usually have 4-6 hours to pick, then you have your squad which you keep for all eternity, at least until you trade or cut them. Then every year you get to draft rookies entering the league, the worst team gets 1st pick etc.

It will be a paid league, I'd propose 20e a year just to keep it interesting

This is a great oppurtunity to get in on one of the best fantasy experiences (the best in my opinion) with a really good crew.

I'll answer any questions you might have.

so far i have
    CSF
    Eire885
    Supasoumi99
    Rossie11

First come first served I suppose, there can only be one league as players are owned by you only
    There's currently seven spots assuming everybody maintains there interest.

Anybody??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Three more have expressed interest from the other thread
    Alchemist33
    Markc91
    Shedite27

so that makes 8.

Three more have expressed interest from the other thread
    Alchemist33
    Markc91
    Shedite27

so that makes 8.

Bump, any more than interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yes I would be interested

That’s 9

Just so you know, there’s a long term commitment required here, but nothing in fantasy sports is as satisfying as building a good dynasty roster.

When we get the 12 we can discuss the ground rules,
    It will be Superflex, which means you can start two quarterbacks if you want,
    I’ll put it up for vote but I’d like to have two drafts this year, one for existing players before the NFL draft and one for rookies afterwards
    Drafting is the best bit about this so don’t worry

Irish94 makes 10.

nearly there, once we have 12 I'll send out PMs and we can try to keep everything in one thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

Will we go with a 10 person league?

Eire885 wrote: »
    Will we go with a 10 person league?

Ah there’s no rush, we’ll easily fill this with a few bumps

• Registered Users Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭Shedite27

YEah you always get more itnerest in this when it comes around to August

Shedite27 wrote: »
    YEah you always get more itnerest in this when it comes around to August

Well August will be far too late for this type of league, I’d be hoping to have this up and running shortly after the nfl draft, ideally before then

You’ll need a bit of time to sort out your team and put yourself right, this is something that requires a bit of long term commitment

Well August will be far too late for this type of league, I’d be hoping to have this up and running shortly after the nfl draft, ideally before then

You’ll need a bit of time to sort out your team and put yourself right, this is something that requires a bit of long term commitment

I'm not planning on having OTA's for my squad, what do I need to do before August?

I thought Dynasty league just means that you don't need to draft each year (or we only draft rookies). Wasn't expecting anything between end of regular season and the draft each August?

• Advertisement

I'm not planning on having OTA's for my squad, what do I need to do before August?

I thought Dynasty league just means that you don't need to draft each year (or we only draft rookies). Wasn't expecting anything between end of regular season and the draft each August?

It’s very quiet at the moment, but in my experience you’ll have a lot of action during the summer months with trading.
    Drafting takes a couple of weeks, I had hoped to have a separate rookie draft as well but that will be up for vote when we fill.

And I’d relish something fun to do in the coming months
    Have you played dynasty before? When the draft is over you’ll rarely be totally happy with your squad, just my experience

It’s very quiet at the moment, but in my experience you’ll have a lot of action during the summer months with trading.
    Drafting takes a couple of weeks, I had hoped to have a separate rookie draft as well but that will be up for vote when we fill.

And I’d relish something fun to do in the coming months
    Have you played dynasty before? When the draft is over you’ll rarely be totally happy with your squad, just my experience

Think it's different what I've done before so, we called it a Keeper league. Basically you got to keep 5 players or so from year to year, the rest ended up in the draft. No need for trading in the off season, we just down tools from Jan-August

Think it's different what I've done before so, we called it a Keeper league. Basically you got to keep 5 players or so from year to year, the rest ended up in the draft. No need for trading in the off season, we just down tools from Jan-August

I’ve never done a keeper

In dynasty you only draft rookies, there will be free agents but with 12 squads of 25 or so it can be slim enough, you’ll still get some gems on FA though, you’d have had James Robinson last year for example,
    But I think you’ll want a bit of tinkering time before the season starts.

Another thing to consider is the superflex aspect which is the standard in dynasty, you can start two QBs which makes that position more valuable, you’ll have a few QBs drafted in the first round and no starters left by the 10th

I’d love a slow draft soon to knock the boredom away n the head for a week or so.

Is there any interest in pushing to get this started soon? We could have a regular draft and then a separate rookie draft
    We only need a couple more players, that would be no problem to pick up.
    So, any of those who expressed interest want to get going, anybody else want to sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I’d love a slow draft soon to knock the boredom away n the head for a week or so.

Is there any interest in pushing to get this started soon? We could have a regular draft and then a separate rookie draft
    So, any of those who expressed interest want to get going, anybody else want to sign up?
    I'm good to go whenever

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

I'm happy to go anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Count me in!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

Count me in

Seems to be interest to getting it started, just need a couple more committed owners

I’ll keep bumping, if any of you can help they’d be great

• Advertisement

Seems to be interest to getting it started, just need a couple more committed owners

I’ll keep bumping, if any of you can help they’d be great

Reckon anyone from our other league might be interested?

CSF wrote: »
    Reckon anyone from our other league might be interested?

I’m sure we could find a couple but it’d be cool to get a full league filled from FSA

I’m sure we could find a couple but it’d be cool to get a full league filled from FSA

Defo

Glanman has expressed interest in the other thread,

So that makes 11 if everybody is still in.

Which means that there is only one spot left. I'd love to fill it with an FSA poster.
    Ideally somebody who has played fantasy NFL before but I'm sure that CSF will confirm that you can quite easily start out on Dynasty.

Anybody??

I've sent PMs to the ten who have expressed interest,
    lets try to keep it in this thread if we can.
    Hopefully you're all still on board

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah I'm on whenever.

Need something to keep me occupied until BoJo lets us out over here :pac:

Yeah I'm in, can draft whenever ya want

Thanks for all the replies so far

We’ve had one pull out so still two spaces up for grabs
    Anybody know any of the guys who played in the redraft league last year that might be interested?

I really hope to fill this from FSA but I’m starting to get antsy.
    I’ll leave it a few more days and then put out a call on the other boards dynasty league.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough, this is the ultimate fantasy sports game IMO, anybody with an interest in American Football will love this.

Two spots left to fill and we could be drafting next week, the draft is very relaxed, 6 hour clock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

I really hope to fill this from FSA but I’m starting to get antsy.
    I’ll leave it a few more days and then put out a call on the other boards dynasty league.

I cannot recommend this game highly enough, this is the ultimate fantasy sports game IMO, anybody with an interest in American Football will love this.

Two spots left to fill and we could be drafting next week, the draft is very relaxed, 6 hour clock.

Hi, would be interested in this!

Advertisement