Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Water diverter solar

• 22-02-2021 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

OK so I have a solar iboost water diverter.
    Seems to have gave up only putting 330w max into my tank.

What's everyone using?
    Or any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Can you explain further? Is there a bypass function you could use to check if the problem is with the unit or the current sensor?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭DeclanD54

garo wrote: »
    Can you explain further? Is there a bypass function you could use to check if the problem is with the unit or the current sensor?

Yes. There is a boost function and that's not putting out more than 330w aswell.
    Tried batteries in sender aswell but obviously when I boost that wouldn't matter.

How can you tell it's putting out 330W only? Could it be that the measurement is faulty? Or has something changed recently to make you think there is a problem?

garo wrote: »
    How can you tell it's putting out 330W only? Could it be that the measurement is faulty? Or has something changed recently to make you think there is a problem?

It says on the iboost how much its putting in.
    It used to put in 3.6kw roughly
    Obviously its been a while since we had that kind of sun

Hmm so either the iBoost has deveoped a fault or its measurement system has. I don't have one - or an Eddi - because it didn't make economic sense for me.
    Have you tried contacting Marlec directly?

• Advertisement

No I must drop them an email. Its just that's its old so thought ide try something different aswell ye know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Whats in those things? Thyristor? Mosfets? Anyone open one of the cnuts? Might be easy to fix

Throw an auld clamp meter on it to see if it really is faulty

Advertisement