Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2019 | News and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I better download it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I better download it

Just about to play and download came up, guess I’ll be playing tomorrow instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Penfailed wrote: »
    Looks like I'm at a disadvantage then! That's the sole reason I've only ever won one game of Solos. Definitely.

just a heads up - having moved from PS4 to PC (using pS4 controller though)
    I found (and still do..) the extra sound confusing, driving me mad at times.
    I'm sure it'll iron itself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

paw patrol wrote: »
    just a heads up - having moved from PS4 to PC (using pS4 controller though)
    I found (and still do..) the extra sound confusing, driving me mad at times.
    I'm sure it'll iron itself out.

The extra sound through the headphones?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

The extra sound through the headphones?

yeah , I got a gaming pc mid 2020 with a fancy headset.
    Its a lot more specific or precise (I guess right word) than the TV with no headset and I'm not used to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,990 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

yeah , I got a gaming pc mid 2020 with a fancy headset.
    Its a lot more specific or precise (I guess right word) than the TV with no headset and I'm not used to it.

I found that as well, the vehicle sounds in particular, they go from being just a standard 'brrrr' on console to actually being able to hear an engine running. It's mad.

Won my third game of plunder yesterday and still don't know what I'm doing. My strategy is to run around like a loon doing missions, sometimes it works sometimes I come nowhere. It's not nearly as stressful as regular BR and not a bad place to calm down usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Set a new personal record of getting 5 Solo Strela kills on people in vehicles today. Blew up two quads and 3 jeeps. All at >100m.

Won my third game of plunder yesterday and still don't know what I'm doing. My strategy is to run around like a loon doing missions, sometimes it works sometimes I come nowhere. It's not nearly as stressful as regular BR and not a bad place to calm down usually.

Solo?!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Anybody else getting incorrect notifications about gulags in Warzone at the moment? There are three of us who play and for the last 5 or 6 days. When somebody in our group goes to the gulag, the notification those still in the game get is the opposite of what actually happens in the gulag!

• Advertisement

Solo?!

randoms, one good one so so.

I was messing round with the Strella in the lobby yesterday, lobby got stuck and was in it a while but got seven kills. Couldn't stop laughing. I was in one of the apartments, stuck two claymores by the roof entrance and made mincemeat of anyone that dropped down, got bored, went onto the roof and meleed the guy with the launcher.

haven't noticed the gulag bug but it's not surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Anybody else getting incorrect notifications about gulags in Warzone at the moment? There are three of us who play and for the last 5 or 6 days. When somebody in our group goes to the gulag, the notification those still in the game get is the opposite of what actually happens in the gulag!

Yep getting it a lot, when a teammate loses the audio says "teammate redeploying" Confusing as hell the first few times.

I'd like to announce that 2 days ago I won my first solo eventually after so many 2nd places and even more top 10 where I just lost my nerve or had brainfarts.

was nice. 7 kills. no gulag.

was pleased as 3rd last fella was sniping me and I got him with a cluster strike. final kill mundane enough despite my heart acting like I'd downed 10 expressos.

since then I've been playing like a mad man. It's like I've unlocked a cheat code in my head. Warzone on steroids.

even got a mastery achievement - the 5 contracts complete without a death - 4 bounty and 1 supply run.

good times.

Well done man!

I just won a solos where I was in the final 4, dropped a precision, and it killed all three of the other players. Pretty sure I won a solo without any of the rest of the top 5 ever even seeing me!

errlloyd wrote: »
    Well done man!

I just won a solos where I was in the final 4, dropped a precision, and it killed all three of the other players. Pretty sure I won a solo without any of the rest of the top 5 ever even seeing me!

now that sounds epic!

This might take a minute to process on YT and become HD but here it is.

I couldn't believe it. I knew there were 3 left, but I didn't cop that I had downed one and killed two until the other one just died.

there's next to no chance I wouldn't airstrike myself in a similar situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Are there any boards or Irish COD communities about? I run a community on discord with about 60 Irish lads for playing PES but a few play COD too. We're trying to get enough lads to be able to set up a private warzone lobby, minimum 25 needed for a private lobby.

Any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Lightning and a ship out at sea. Have they always been there?

the ship was always at rebirth island apparently, although i never noticed it. if it's not carrying a shedload of zombies i'll be both surprised and annoyed

• Advertisement

It's after 2am and I've had beers, but I have a theory - I reckon they're going to finally tie the black ops / modern warfare / zombies universe together.

The new open world zombies thing is apparently set in the Ural mountains, which is where old war has its big team battle effort. They'll use the teleporter devices from zombies as a way to bring all the realities together and explain the radical shift in tone from one to the other.

Or. They'll just have a ship in the corner of the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hey lads, few questions if ye don't mind. I've been hearing about open world zombie game in COD so am i right in thinking that's in the zombie mode in the newest cod blops? Is Warzone still free and 100+gbs? Is the gist that the new ship likely contains zombies? Are there seasons in warzone you have to pay for?

Sorry, just between modern warfare, blops, warzone, zombies, seasons, i get a bit confused.

I only gave Warzone a quick go before and got melted in it, put me off but i know you just need to give it time to learn the maps and such. Tempted to give it another install.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hey lads, few questions if ye don't mind. I've been hearing about open world zombie game in COD so am i right in thinking that's in the zombie mode in the newest cod blops? Is Warzone still free and 100+gbs? Is the gist that the new ship likely contains zombies? Are there seasons in warzone you have to pay for?

Sorry, just between modern warfare, blops, warzone, zombies, seasons, i get a bit confused.

I only gave Warzone a quick go before and got melted in it, put me off but i know you just need to give it time to learn the maps and such. Tempted to give it another install.

My own guess, is that the open world zombies are going to be specific to black ops cold war. I reckon they'll take the big maps from their equivalent of ground war, and stitch them together to make the Ural mountains map to accommodate that mode.

Possibly on the anniversary of warzone, that map may then be playable as a new warzone area.

It's all very much up in the air at the moment though. If I were you, I'd wait till next Wednesday when it's released and make a call then. The main games often go on sale at the start of new seasons so you might get a deal into the bargain if you see something that floats your boat.

If you like BR/FPS games at all Zero I'd stick at Warzone. I'm a very average player and have won 15+ BRs, 3 plunders, a few mini BRs and a Rebirth Island or two. The SBMM is a great help for me here :)

You'll get hammered early on as people know the mechanics, map and what guns to use, which they'll have fully ranked up.

There's nothing comes close in gaming, for me, to the final circle and the moment of elation when you've realised you've just won. Actually maybe the fear and trepidation beforehand beats it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

My own guess, is that the open world zombies are going to be specific to black ops cold war. I reckon they'll take the big maps from their equivalent of ground war, and stitch them together to make the Ural mountains map to accommodate that mode.

Possibly on the anniversary of warzone, that map may then be playable as a new warzone area.

It's all very much up in the air at the moment though. If I were you, I'd wait till next Wednesday when it's released and make a call then. The main games often go on sale at the start of new seasons so you might get a deal into the bargain if you see something that floats your boat.

I was planning on buying Modern Warfare, but will hang on until the start of the new season based in this!

checking my kdr and over the past week it's 2.33. sbmm at its finest :)

checking my kdr and over the past week it's 2.33. sbmm at its finest :)

how do you check your recent KDR?
    I can only see my all time

Due to waiting on the update on Cold War, I dipped back into Warzone for the first time in ages this morning. Finished 11th on a solo. I was quite pleased with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

how do you check your recent KDR?
    I can only see my all time

codtracker is class

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Are the ship and the storm getting closer?

Advertisement