Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor365 walk-in (no appointment needed to see GP)

• 30-01-2021 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever been to this "fandangled" Doctor365 Walk-In place on Newcastle Road; - Doctor365? What's it like? Are there standard working Doctors there? The price is listed as €40 for a Consult? Is that right, it sounds on the cheap side?! Does it end up being like somewhere near the €120 mark or something by the time you leave there?!?

Would love to hear anyone's experiences with the place and how it operates...

I recall over the last couple of years, there was some relatively new place that ya could walk into, but apparently the listed consult price was €70 or €80, and everything else sounded quite high, can't remember anything about it now or where it was / is. But with this Doctor365 it sounds pretty reasonable.... Dunno is that a good or a bad thing!:D :-l

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Looks like a similar model of business to Smiles dental i.e there are efficiencies to made when you scale up which allows you to reduce some costs and pass those on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,651 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mr OBumble has used it. Happy enough.

Paid €40, but same out with a script which cost him another €40. No hidden charges though.

Doctor was... a doctor. Not quite sure what you mean by "standard doctors". You won't see the same one each time, obviously. And they don't require you to "register" with them. But they will keep seeing you and provide the same services as any GP would, if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,357 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Mr OBumble has used it. Happy enough.

Paid €40, but same out with a script which cost him another €40. No hidden charges though.

Doctor was... a doctor. Not quite sure what you mean by "standard doctors". You won't see the same one each time, obviously. And they don't require you to "register" with them. But they will keep seeing you and provide the same services as any GP would, if you want.

So the visit cost him €80?

Doesn't seem to mention an extra €40 for a script in their pricing section.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

So the visit cost him €80?

Doesn't seem to mention an extra €40 for a script in their pricing section.

No. The vist cost €40.

The extra €40 went to a pharmacy of his choice.

• Advertisement

No. The vist cost €40.

Oh right, I see what you meant.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

No. The vist cost €40.

So it's €40 and they will give you a prescription if needed, no extra charge for the script?
    Perfect if you know you need an antibiotic for bad sore throat etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭flazio

They used to work out of Urban Wellbeing complex across from Travelodge on the Tuam Road. Another practice went in their place after they moved out to Newcastle called GalwayDoc. Looks to have the same pricing format.

So it's €40 and they will give you a prescription if needed, no extra charge for the script?
    Perfect if you know you need an antibiotic for bad sore throat etc?

Yes.

I assume if you needed bloods done, it would be extra, like at any other GP.

flazio wrote: »
    They used to work out of Urban Wellbeing complex across from Travelodge on the Tuam Road. Another practice went in their place after they moved out to Newcastle called GalwayDoc. Looks to have the same pricing format.

I see they offer a 25% discount to patients with medical card, so it's €30 for visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I see they offer a 25% discount to patients with medical card, so it's €30 for visit.
    But medical card patients go to their GP for free

zell12 wrote: »
    But medical card patients go to their GP for free

Not on Saturday they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Westdoc out of hours/weekends is free for medical card holders

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Not exactly related to the OPs question but GalwayDoc in the Tuam Road Retail Centre has some interesting services offered. They do quite a range of ultrasound testing and cancer screening ultrasounds as part of a GP consult which I haven't seen GPs offer here before.
    Handy to know about if you concerned about something specific. Might save you needing to go to A&E for some diagnosis like pneumonia or DVT too.

https://www.galwaydoc.com/ultrasound/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

? What's it like? Are there standard working Doctors there? The price is listed as €40 for a Consult? Is that right, it sounds on the cheap side?! Does it end up being like somewhere near the €120 mark or something by the time you leave there?!?

I went there last year I think. Can't remember the cost tbh. Waited about 15 minutes. Doctor was good and caring.

Advertisement